Time to get started.

-
Looking good there Mike. Some nice progres you are making. Good to see you are gitting out there and having some fun with her. You got that leaning tower of power running real well with that 1/8th time. Cruze on Mike cruze on:burnout:

Thank you :-D It's no power house :-D but boy!! I like opening the hood and showing it to folks. People really like my cool air breather and I am proud to say it's a Mopar part from a Jeep, I believe the cool air is adding to my MPG :read2: I like pulling out on the four lanes and taking off and the cars behind me don't have to slow down, at 2.700 lbs it don't take much to get her up to speed :happy10:

Or checking your pockets to make sure you have the keys in hand when you slam the trunk lid down...:-D

Now you got me thinking of an add-on for the Dip, Mike. And here I scrapped an M-body 5th Ave a couple of years ago with that feature...dang it!
Ain't that the truth :-D I bet I have went digg'in in my pocket's to make sure I had them a million time's Robert :-D I did not even think of that till know :happy10:
My Dip had the auto trunk release, I took it out and put it in my 63 Valiant, they are easy to find and most all mopar's will work.

now where did I put the one that I bought for my 65....I need to put that one in...thanks for reminding me. 27MPG that is great. I will have to stop in Jonesboro next time I am heading to Poplar Bluff.

My Dip had the auto trunk release, I took it out and put it in my 63 Valiant, they are easy to find and most all mopar's will work.

Yeah, I just need to remind myself that my '90 5th Ave has one before I send it to the crusher.

Keeping the red leather seats out of it for Pop's '54, now I know there's something else to keep.

It was a beautifully morning 73 degree's =P~
So I took the dogs for there walk while my /6 was running and set my valves for the first time on this /6
know that I have put over 10k on her it was time to get this dun 8)
I knew there was a couple chattering in there some where and it ended up being #6 and #4 exhaust and just one intake valve on #2, she sounds like a new engine, I bumped the timing up about 3 degree's and she felt good, sorry no pictures this time my camera is in the wife's car. took about 1 hour from start to finish.
I enjoyed this cool morning :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Low deck tuning :cheers:Glad to hear Victoria has been treated to some fine tuning MeMike.She,ll last you forever!:love7:

FNG to the forum, digging all the info and help you all post.
Looking to put the electronic kit in as well.
Would you know where can I find the kit?
Seems all the online parts start with the year 1963, and mine is a 62.
So I'm not sure what all will fit. Currently supporting an aluminum block 225.
My ghost needs some work, but it was the same as my first car. So I just had to get it.
If you want heat, come on down to New Orleans!
Thanks in advance.

Cool thread Mike! I just read all 21 pages of it, so I am now caught up. Great job, and very enjoyable to follow.

She is running great so I took the time to make a video of one of very few times I run her this way, My nephew got as exited as I did while he was holding the tripod, The man on the lawn mower was waiting for me to make a launch :-D I talked to him before I did this
A slip of the tough in this video, I should have said sure grip :-D:toothy10:
at the end of the video I said I better shut this girl down that was to much fun

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPNDXwO79c"]YouTube- Memike2010 fun 027.avi[/ame]

She is running great so I took the time to make a video of one of very few times I run her this way, My nephew got as exited as I did while he was holding the tripod, The man on the lawn mower was waiting for me to make a launch :-D I talked to him before I did this
at the end of the video I said I better shut this girl down that was to much fun

Give it he!! bro... Thats what their build for ;)

Gotta blow the sutt out of em' every now an then....

Give it he!! bro... Thats what their build for ;)

Gotta blow the sutt out of em' every now an then....
She gave me an enjoying 300 miles this past Strong end :-D

Today I installed my inside hood release :happy10:
Know I don't have to worry about some one popping the hood open at night or when I leave her parked some where :cheers:

No, mine was an outside in the grill release I seen you had it in your ebay sales when I got back from St. louis but I already picked one up at Monster Mopar. I had to do a custom install but I am happy with it. If I new you had one it would have been bid on by me :happy10:

I don't think a 1966 Valiant ever came factory with one but I could be wrong. Mike, what latch and cable did you use? I have an NOS cable and handle for a Dart Sport but don't have a latch. I wan't to install one in my 66 too. Right now I modified my hood release lever, it is hard too see and if you didn't know where to look you would never see it:-D

I used the factory 66 Valiant latch and ran a truck cable hood latch to the passenger side just above the air box, I entered where a plastic Insolation clip is and it worked out very well

Don't know If mine was factory or not, but it looked factory the was it was mounted beside the E-brake handle and the firewall hole and gorment...

Heres where mine was mounted, left side of colume, you can see how much brighter the dash paint looks under where it was mounted (where the 2 screw holes are)..

attachment.php

I don't think a 1966 Valiant ever came factory with one but I could be wrong. Mike, what latch and cable did you use? I have an NOS cable and handle for a Dart Sport but don't have a latch. I wan't to install one in my 66 too. Right now I modified my hood release lever, it is hard too see and if you didn't know where to look you would never see it:-D

I have a latch, PM me your address and I'll send it to you...

I remember installing this over 10k miles ago :clock:
And here is where my morning started :-D
Yes she still run's :happy10:

You can see where I ran my hood release cable in this picture

I put the crud back in and letting it set in the sun
I can keep it for an emergency replacement if this used on goes out 8)

oh boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! i hate it when that happens.

So this has happened to you to :-D This grud is like fly paper and builds up on a wire wheel bad. I will be making a neat plate for it to sit on after I repaint the inner fender's :-D Know I need to see what this one does :happy10:

-
Back