• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
By now many PPL Know Natasha the 68 Dart and as the Rani-mobile
its my only transportation and she is driven many miles.

well i have an idea about what to do to her next but not sure if its a cheesy idea that will kill the personality of the car or enhance her bad *** factor

That idea is : i have a complete rally dash from a wrecked and parted 68 cuda ......so would it be a good idea to convert a dart to a rally dash or leave the standard sweep she was born with.

i really have no idea why chrysler never offered the option themselves in 67-9 darts

i have already converted to bucket seats and this car is a slanty for now but someday she will get a big girl engine ......but since she is a daily driver now the six is really fine...it runs really smooth.

if i do this swap it will happen over two days which will work for me now that im on christmas break from school and i dont really need to be anywhere so i can afford to be without a car for a couple days

so what do you think .....RALLY or NO RALLY

the last pic is an internet pic of what it could be .....
the blue interior is what it is now
and top pic is the car

Attachments

• CIMG1360.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 556
  • CIMG1362.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 555
There was a rally dash in some Swinger builds. I dont mean to sway your decision and I will help you any way I can but...
I cant imagine this swap being done in a couple of days no matter which way you go about it.

Rally it up! Plus you can have a tach in the factory dash with gauges, and based off the rally dash picture, you can get the 150 mph speedo. Sounds like a winner to me.

Rally dashes can be pretty expensive , but as long as you already have the ralley dash, then go for it! I love the rally dash, and in fact is partly the reason I love 70-71 cars the most (dusters and demons)

I would leave it stock if it were me.
I've never been a big fan of the rallye dashes, especially in older than '70 Darts.
I guess i'm just weird, i don't care for consoles either!

I would leave it stock if it were me.
I've never been a big fan of the rallye dashes, especially in older than '70 Darts.
I guess i'm just weird, i don't care for consoles either!

nope not werid ....when it comes to consoles i couldnt agree more .......i like when it has bucket seats with no console like my car is now .....the console takes sooo much space and i smack my elbow on it.....ect. with no console it seems like the car is bigger and i have a place to put my purse and stuff....so i couldnt agree more with that. LOL

as far as the dash ....not sure if i agree still on the bubble.

i do like the rally dash but there is a simple beauty to the dart dash.

nope not werid ....when it comes to consoles i couldnt agree more .......i like when it has bucket seats with no console like my car is now .....the console takes sooo much space and i smack my elbow on it.....ect. with no console it seems like the car is bigger and i have a place to put my purse and stuff....so i couldnt agree more with that. LOL

as far as the dash ....not sure if i agree still on the bubble.

i do like the rally dash but there is a simple beauty to the dart dash.

It's Mopar, you're supposed to be different.
As you said, it's getting a big girl motor so it'll need a big girl dash and gauges.

As far as the console goes, I'm totally into them. This becomes the barrier that the passengers are not to violate. I'm here to focus, much like a fighter pilot straps themselves into the seat ready for one hell of a ride :twisted:

I would go with the rallye dash if it was me!!! And by the way - I like you new name- the Dutchess of Darts- I think it fits really well.

Good morning Rani.... I prefer the original dash myself, but its your car, and ultimately your decision. I think it will look good either way.

Good morning Rani.... I prefer the original dash myself, but its your car, and ultimately your decision. I think it will look good either way.

I tend to agree, but I love the Rallye dash too...tough choice...I'm gonna vote for the ................................................................

I vote NON-Rally......I think the Rally Dash looks DUMB with column Auto.

Its a great looking piece in a 67,68,69 Barracuda, 70/71 Duster, with Buckets and Floor Shift.....but Column Auto KILLS it IMO.

Knowing the value of a Rally Dash and gauges.....and how bad others out there with cars that need pieces like that.....I would sell it and put the $$$ towards the Big Girl engine, and a Real Tachometer.

Kinda like a 340.....better left to a nuts/bolts resto freak.....cause less will do the job just the same.

just my .02$ \\:D/

I vote NON-Rally......I think the Rally Dash looks DUMB with column Auto.

Its a great looking piece in a 67,68,69 Barracuda, 70/71 Duster, with Buckets and Floor Shift.....but Column Auto KILLS it IMO.

Knowing the value of a Rally Dash and gauges.....and how bad others out there with cars that need pieces like that.....I would sell it and put the $$$ towards the Big Girl engine, and a Real Tachometer.

Kinda like a 340.....better left to a nuts/bolts resto freak.....cause less will do the job just the same.

just my .02$ \\:D/

oh ....i should have added that the column shift is going away real soon ...but point noted on the value aspect :D

It is your car, Rani- if you would like it better, why not? It's not something cheeseball like trying to make a Dart into an fax aero car (imagine a "Dart Daytona." uuuh, no...),or put it up on 26" rims, or some such.

Put the rally dash in it, put the four speed in it and drive the wheels off of it.

The ralley dash really is'nt terribly impressive. The stock dash just looks better. If it's a choice between those two I say leave it.

If you throw an aftermarket ralley cluster in there, then that's a different story entirely.

~Sae

I am on the fence on this one. I have done a Ralley dash conversion for a friends 74 Duster, just make sure you take the dash harness out of the donor if you do it.

I like the non ralley for the dart. It looks pretty sharp. It's the one part of my build I wish I was able to keep for my 68, but the dash is dead weaight

I've day dreamed about a bucket seat rally dash 4 speed columnless 68 dart. I'm weird like that but that just screams vintage muscle. I vote rally dash!

-
Back