TTI Dougs with black finish

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase a set for the stroker. Parts guy says don't waste my money on a street stroker 470HP and just go with stock 340 iron. I had ceramic coating before and they sucked due to rusting. Warranty worked but the change over and return boxes also was a big pita. Some say the iron will really restrict my stroker? So I was wondering if anyone has ordered TTI or Dougs with a black coating which if ever started to rust, can then be touched up with a high temp exhaust paint? Any pictures out there? Thanks

I'm getting ready to order a set of TTI's with ceramic coating for my stroker project as well. I have heard that they get nicked up pretty good on installation but can be touched up with Rustoleum or some other rust convertor.

I won't even address running a high dollar stroker motor through exhaust manifolds. Just seems pointless to me...

I have heard that they get nicked up pretty good on installation

on a early abody i would agree. but on a 67-up they are cake to get in.. i had no issues and didn't bang mine around at all installing them.. just follow the directions.

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969883629 said:

x3... I'm trying right not to install a set of Hookers on my 67 and am having major issues...

Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

I have removed everything.. torsion bars, steering box, z-bar... I can get the headers on without an issue, but then I can't get the steering box on...I put the steering box on, I can't get the headers in...

IDEAS?

lol I really think it depends on the type of headers that you go with. We can't compare summit headers to hookers to schumies to TTI...you just cant. My shorties dropped in nicely, but they are shorties and nobody wants to go that route hahaha

...The cheapos though, well, those ARE all the same crap

Don't kid yourself any Header install on an A Body is a Pain in the ***!!

Not all, I have a tubular k-frame and slid the motor in and out a couple times with the TTI 1 7/7" headers already on the motor. Had to massage the passenger inner fender with a 15# mallet, who says a little touch can't be fun. Nothing is impossible.

Forgot to mention... no torsion bars and also using a rack & pinion. Oops!!!
:banghead: mental health will drive you mad...

lol I really think it depends on the type of headers that you go with. We can't compare summit headers to hookers to schumies to TTI...you just cant. My shorties dropped in nicely, but they are shorties and nobody wants to go that route hahaha

...The cheapos though, well, those ARE all the same crap

Got them installed..only took 6 hours and all kinds of contraptions to get the car high enough to get the headers almost verticle to install on the drivers side..

I drop the body over entire k-frame and motor/Trany assembly...like the factory.

I drop the body over entire k-frame and motor/Trany assembly...like the factory.

That's THE way to do it and not nick anything up.

You can get to the header bolt easier of course too. And if you left the K-member in the car you'd have to pull the T-bars and loosen the motor mounts anyways. That's not that far from a K-member drop.

How about the new shorties from TTI ? I'm looking into the possibility of running a set on my 408.

I think that is what I am going to do, I just pulled my motor to repaint the engine bay, they look way to easy to put on, but where the collecter is located look like it might be a pita.

I think that is what I am going to do, I just pulled my motor to repaint the engine bay, they look way to easy to put on, but where the collecter is located look like it might be a pita.

TTI sells an adapter pipe that bridges the distance between the collector and exhaust system. I already have a TTI exhaust system, they claim their shorty headers and pipe should mate right to my existing H-pipe.

I would love to see some numbers comparing the shorties performance to stock manifolds and standard headers.

I have the TTi ceramics on my stroker. Easy install, and I don't have a rust problem after one full year. I had an oil leak that stained them and I freaked out, but I fixed the leak and the stain burned off in ten miles. I did have a few minor fitment issues with the steering, but moving the engine in the mounts made everything clear. I went from a 318 to a 408 - I blamed that for the fitment.

How about the new shorties from TTI ? I'm looking into the possibility of running a set on my 408.

i looked on the tti website and i couldnt find a listing for shorties ?
are they released yet or still coming?

Had TTI's on the Duster and just swapped 'em over for brand new Doug's....way cheaper AND fit better! Win/Win all the way around. I dont think I'd go back to TTI's. Nothing wrong with TTI but for a 67-72 application Doug's has my new vote!

Couple pics to look at...

Had TTI's on the Duster and just swapped 'em over for brand new Doug's....way cheaper AND fit better! Win/Win all the way around. I dont think I'd go back to TTI's. Nothing wrong with TTI but for a 67-72 application Doug's has my new vote!

How is accessing the plugs with the Doug's? I believe that's what I'm going with when I get my 360 done.

-
Back