**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Been busy mapping out my wiring diagram. This is WAY more complicated than wiring up a Car Stereo with 6 Amplifiers and 24 Speakers I can tell you that! Been there done that more than a few times.

Anyway, I had to order up some more parts. Diyautotune.com sells a Relay panel that has 3 Relays with 4 fuses. I need one with 8 Relays and 12 Fuses to start so obviously I will be making my own. I ordered a 6 bank Fuse Block just for the EFI that will incorporate 2 Bosch Relays to control it and another Separate 10 Fuse Block for 6-10 more Bosch Relays total for the Accessory's like Radiator Fans, Meth Injection, Water Pump for Intercoolers, Heat Exchanger Fans, 3 Step Rev With Line Lock. There will be a couple more extra's for Future Upgrades like NOS Stage 1 & 2. A Trans Controller etc. What is cool about all this stuff is that the MS3 will control all Turn on & off times for everything I mentioned above.

Been busy mapping out my wiring diagram. This is WAY more complicated than wiring up a Car Stereo with 6 Amplifiers and 24 Speakers I can tell you that! Been there done that more than a few times.

Anyway, I had to order up some more parts. Diyautotune.com sells a Relay panel that has 3 Relays with 4 fuses. I need one with 8 Relays and 12 Fuses to start so obviously I will be making my own. I ordered a 6 bank Fuse Block just for the EFI that will incorporate 2 Bosch Relays to control it and another Separate 10 Fuse Block for 6-10 more Bosch Relays total for the Accessory's like Radiator Fans, Meth Injection, Water Pump for Intercoolers, Heat Exchanger Fans, 3 Step Rev With Line Lock. There will be a couple more extra's for Future Upgrades like NOS Stage 1 & 2. A Trans Controller etc. What is cool about all this stuff is that the MS3 will control all Turn on & off times for everything I mentioned above.
it dosent seem that bad to wire it up. just gotta take it slow, and wire one circuit at a time. but then again, I am using a pre existing harness and just making a plug for it to connect the MS3 harness to it. so i am not wireing from each individual component eather. cant wait to see how yours comes out. as i am a little ways behind you. and like to get ideas :D

I cut the last 1/4 inch off the VIN tag to clear the A pillar bar.
man that sucks. how does CA deal with that here in AZ, they require a class 4 inspection and then give you a new AZ state VIN. they say that if the rivets are poped then its required. (and if you look close they are not a standard rivet) I hope you have better laws about it than we do.

it dosent seem that bad to wire it up. just gotta take it slow, and wire one circuit at a time. but then again, I am using a pre existing harness and just making a plug for it to connect the MS3 harness to it. so i am not wireing from each individual component eather. cant wait to see how yours comes out. as i am a little ways behind you. and like to get ideas :D

Yeah I know. I am studying what everything does also which can be overwhelming. This thing will just about change your underwear if you program it to do so. It will do a bunch more than what I will be using it for.:D

I just started messing around with the wiring even though Summit has a part I need on Back order.

First off I tried to come up with a configuration for the Hardware that will fit under the dash where the Heater Box/Blower motor use to be. I used a piece of 6061 Aluminum I had laying around to make the Rack out of.

I did not get that far today. The only thing I got half done was splicing in the Versafueler. For some reason I forgot to pick up some solder? Duhhh. So it is spliced in ready for soldering up the wires with the Heat Shrink on ready to slip over the soldered joints. I made sure to stagger the Solder Joints so they don't rub each other and create a problem like a "Short".

Still have a bunch to do.

View attachment phphEpWYaPM.jpg

View attachment phpq742LZPM.jpg

View attachment phpWB16i9PM.jpg

View attachment phpUARlnCPM.jpg

View attachment phpVTCKaYPM.jpg

View attachment php4B3wQXPM.jpg

Geeez what a nest! LoL!
Mine will only have 10 wires across the engine, 2 to the coil and 8 sparkplug wires. LoL!

Yeah I hear that for now it looks like a nest and I have another Harness that I still gotta mess with too.

It will be all tidy and cleaned up when I am done.

Its gunna look good, I guarantee it! :D

Heard that somewhere before!

I like the new added underwear feature!!
That way when the car scares the crap out of you on the first HARD launch :burnout:it will change change out your shorts:eek:ops: and let you concentrate on stopping LOL :sad5:
Bruce B

Been following this thread off and on. Very cool that you're using a Versa Fueler. Great product. I'm friends with the guy who invented it. Smart dude!

I'm watching this thread like I used to watch the A team ...on the edge of my seat ....

Well I have been working on the wiring and I am hoping to have it all done by this weekend.
I am working the final list of things that I need to get done so it can finally go off to the Dyno.

Need to find the time to finish the following.

1) Finish Wiring
2) Drill Down Pipes weld in bungs for Dual 02 sensors
3) Drill Intake Water Log & weld in bung for Mechanical Temp Sending Unit.
4) Finish Weld Turbo Brackets
5) Install Meth Nozzles
6) Install Push Rods & Set Valve Lash
7) Finish - Install Intake Manifold
8) Install Oil Filter & all Hardware
9) Make and install Spark Plug Wires
10) Prime Engine and make sure Turbo Drains work well. Will prime them with a few quarts of oil into a bucket before I attach them to the Pan.
10) Wrap Headers, turbo pipes and Down Pipes with Heat Wrap.

Still need to buy a few more items.

1) 02 sensors that wire into the MS3 and gauge
2) Meth Injection kit
3) Spark Plug Wires
4) Heat Wrap for plug wires.

awesome post! i am going to make some popcorn tomorrow and sit from morning to night reading all this! i waited to build my 318 with a single turbo... but this look a lot better. with out fuel injection. thank man.

Well I have been working on the wiring and I am hoping to have it all done by this weekend.
I am working the final list of things that I need to get done so it can finally go off to the Dyno.

Need to find the time to finish the following.

1) Finish Wiring
2) Drill Down Pipes weld in bungs for Dual 02 sensors
3) Drill Intake Water Log & weld in bung for Mechanical Temp Sending Unit.
4) Finish Weld Turbo Brackets
5) Install Meth Nozzles
6) Install Push Rods & Set Valve Lash
7) Finish - Install Intake Manifold
8) Install Oil Filter & all Hardware
9) Make and install Spark Plug Wires
10) Prime Engine and make sure Turbo Drains work well. Will prime them with a few quarts of oil into a bucket before I attach them to the Pan.
10) Wrap Headers, turbo pipes and Down Pipes with Heat Wrap.

Still need to buy a few more items.

1) 02 sensors that wire into the MS3 and gauge
2) Meth Injection kit
3) Spark Plug Wires
4) Heat Wrap for plug wires.

There are sleeves for the plug wires that might work better than the wrap (won't come unwrapped).
I really can't wait until this thing gets going.

There are sleeves for the plug wires that might work better than the wrap (won't come unwrapped).
I really can't wait until this thing gets going.

Yeah I have seen the sleeves but I will need to cover alot of wire. Probably from the firewall all the way to the the #1 and #2 cylinders. The wires will run under the Turbo Exhaust out so I will need to wrap them really good and use some tie wire to keep the wrap on.

Little bit more progress.

Mounted the Hardware and got most of the wiring at least in the direction that it needs to go.
I cleaned up the 2 harnesses and pulled the wires back to the relay board that need to be there so now there is only 1 Run of wires going through the Tunnel into the Engine Bay. This weekend I should be able to wire up all the relays and get all the sensor plug ends attached to the harness along with the Injector Plugs.
I also had to weld in a new IAT Bung because when I use the bigger tapped hole in the base plate of the plenum it did not stick into the plenum enough. I want to get a good reading. All the Boost references are figured out.

The 3 on the back of the Base plate will be used for...
1) Boost Reference to the Fuel Pressure Regulator
2) Boost Reference to the ECU
3) PCV to the valve cover.

Note that I have ordered a 1 way check valve that will go inline of the PCV Hose that will stop any boost from entering the engine and filling the crank case with pressure. McMaster Carr calls it a Vacuum Swing Check Valve.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#4610k13/=dvhwz7

The two 90* fittings, 1 on each side of the Base Plate will go to the Blow Off Valves on the intake tract.

I am debating because of the Electronic Boost Control Solenoid and how it gets plumbed in, to just tap for boost reference right before the Butterfly in the Throttle Body. The other way to do it would be to tap both air charge pipes out of the turbo's and hook them together using a Tee so only 1 line goes to the EBC.

The 2 that are capped on the base plate are extra's so far.

View attachment phpEglubyAM.jpg

View attachment phpHwc4X6AM.jpg

View attachment phpaQ9vHdAM.jpg

View attachment phprFr4tDAM.jpg

View attachment phpjUshRcAM.jpg

View attachment phpeVbV5ZAM.jpg

Looking good man.

I just wish you would have posted the check valve a few days ago. I just placed a large order with mcmaster. Oh well next time I guess

Holy crow!I hope your keeping this one for life,cause I,d never want to chase any gremlins..god forbid anything ever went wrong.You do exceptional work as usual.Dyno time is???

I really like this twin turbo thread. Getting down to the end here it feels like were getting ready to launch another space shuttle with all the technical details.

Holy crow!I hope your keeping this one for life,cause I,d never want to chase any gremlins..god forbid anything ever went wrong.You do exceptional work as usual.Dyno time is???

Well I already had to chase a gremlin. The wiring Diagram shows the pins for the main board on the ECU one way and I found out the pins have different use when using the Expansion Board. It took me about 3 hours to figure the damn thing out. I took the DB37 Connector apart and just about chitt myself when I seen they landed diff pins for all the grounds. No wonder I could not find the wires I was looking for in the harness! Got it figured out though.

They also are showing the Relay Board wiring different than I believe would be safe to operate. They have a 30/40 amp Relay in front of the fuse Block that has about 80 amp of fuse at full load. I know it will never see it all at the same time but I am changing it around some by splitting off some load to another Relay to be safe. I am also using a separate Fuse Block for all the accessories like the Meth injection, Intercooler Pump, Heat Exchanger Fans, Future NOS trigger and Line Lock. All these will be controlled by the MS3.

Looking good man.

I just wish you would have posted the check valve a few days ago. I just placed a large order with mcmaster. Oh well next time I guess

I sorta forgot about this issue and BOOST. I would have but just researched the part needed yesterday on theturboforums.com

I had a huge problem with excessive Crank Case Pressure on my Supercharged Dune Buggy Engine. The engine builder did not take this into consideration and when It got to about 10lbs of boost the crank case pressure was so great it would weep oil out all the gaskets and ROB power when slinging oil all over the place in the pan. He had to pull that engine twice and replace every gasket.

-
Back