**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
I found some 3/8 OD Aluminum Tube .045 wall and used my Brake Line cutter to make 16 pieces that are 5/8" long. The coils are about 3/8" off of the valve cover. Below is the finished product with the D585 Coils mounted..

I ordered some more weather pack connectors and will be finishing up the wiring changes hopefully this week.

View attachment php3uNGpAPM.jpg

View attachment phpbjxhIhPM.jpg

Hey man, I've been really considering block huggers to throw in my 72' Swinger, has power steering, original starter everything basically stock. anything I'm going to need to change out or move for fitment reasons? Thanks!

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Hey man, I've been really considering block huggers to throw in my 72' Swinger, has power steering, original starter everything basically stock. anything I'm going to need to change out or move for fitment reasons? Thanks!

MOPAR OR NO CAR

There is all the information you will need in this thread here....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117019&highlight=block+hugger

My advise would be to THROW the reducer's, yes I said THROW the reducers that come with them straight in the Trash Can and make your own!! They choke the exhaust down from 2.5" to about 1.75" which is no good.

Are you going to run your MAP sensor in the MS3 box?
Last time I was talking to Peter about it we decided to use a MAP sensor in the intake and just run the wires back to the box like any EFI ECU on mine. It saves from having to run a vacuum line through the firewall. You're probably doing yours in copper though, right?
Just curious...
-Jon

Mad Dart;
Looks like it is coming together nicely!! Any time frame for getting it back on the dyno? Still chewing my nails waiting for horsepower numbers.
~Michael

Are you going to run your MAP sensor in the MS3 box?
Last time I was talking to Peter about it we decided to use a MAP sensor in the intake and just run the wires back to the box like any EFI ECU on mine. It saves from having to run a vacuum line through the firewall. You're probably doing yours in copper though, right?
Just curious...
-Jon

I have the Mapdaddy 4 Bar Sensor installed on the MS3 Board. I wont run a rubber hose thru the firewall. I thought about using maybe a 3an Bulk head connector thru the fire wall then run a dedicated 3an hose from the vacuum source to the bulk head all braided steel with an fittings. This way it will not leak and get a true boost/vac reading.

Mad Dart;
Looks like it is coming together nicely!! Any time frame for getting it back on the dyno? Still chewing my nails waiting for horsepower numbers.
~Michael

Gunna be at least 4 weeks or so. I got the trans coming along with some trick new lower control arms from member badart.... see here.. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=171137
Finishing up the cage and doing a coil over conversion in between waiting for the new Dyno time. I also need to Tab the bottom of the car for Brake, Fuel and Trans cooler lines.

Mad Dart;
Badart does some amazing work. Wish I could talk him into painting my dart. You have any recent pics of the car? Great job mounting those coils! Sorry to hear about the valve covers though.
~Michael

Mad Dart;
Badart does some amazing work. Wish I could talk him into painting my dart. You have any recent pics of the car? Great job mounting those coils! Sorry to hear about the valve covers though.
~Michael

Yeah, John can sling some paint too, amazing job he did on his truck.
I will start a new Thread once I get going on the coil over conversion. I will take a bunch of pictures and over document everything. I will also throw in the mix at the same time how I will be Gusseting and reinforcing the K Frame.

Thanks Mad Dart, can't wait to see how it performs after switching out the stock manifolds

The Transmission is finally done and is being shipped out this week. I should hopefully have it Tuesday of Next week. Today he put it on his Dyno and put it through the paces adjusted everything and he says it is ready for abuse. I told him I was going to leave the line at 8,000 RPM and he said Good and he was serious. He says he leaves the line at 6400RPM with his Pro Mod Car that runs 4.20 in the 1/8th , he says the trans he built for me is an exact replica of his own and it will live with whatever I can throw at it.

Nice work on the crank trigger and the coil packs Louis.I,m officially gonna call you Louis2Snails now LOL.Keep up the great work.:glasses7:
Oh,when will the car be painted?

Thanks Scott. Paint is a way's off. Need to finish the Coil over Conversion, Cage etc. I am struggling with time again. Louis2Snails out!! haaaa

The Transmission is finally done and is being shipped out this week. I should hopefully have it Tuesday of Next week. Today he put it on his Dyno and put it through the paces adjusted everything and he says it is ready for abuse. I told him I was going to leave the line at 8,000 RPM and he said Good and he was serious. He says he leaves the line at 6400RPM with his Pro Mod Car that runs 4.20 in the 1/4, he says the trans he built for me is an exact replica of his own and it will live with whatever I can throw at it.
Sounds like I know where to go for my tranny one day..

nice I went with a Coan TH400 along with a custom Coan verter.. u gonna run trans brake?

-
Back