Video of my first time to the track 71 Valiant 416 4spd

-

scampman416

Reaction score
Here is a vid, I ran a 1.43 60' 6.58 1/8th 107.8 mph I only got 3 passes back to back and no adjustments between passes. I thought I was spinning in first and sec but it does not look like it in the vid, what do you think, do you think there is more in it yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBDowLilWOw&feature=player_embedded"]‪Steve Barton in his Valiant Scamp‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome!
Sounds like you're running a 4 gear.
There's definitely more in it with some tuning.
Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Nice pass.Are your tires spinning on the rims?Do you have them screwed down?Some white shoe polish on your tires/rims will help you know for sure.good luck.

Well she seems to be making good power, I would allways say theres more in it with fine tuning. But it sounded good and look like it hooked pretty well.

It looked like it spun a lot in first, and goign into second. What clutch do you have? Do you have line loc? What was the burnout like? I've seen some fast stick cars... There's a bunch more left in it.

good sounding car you got more in it just keep track of each adjustment you do

I love the way it sounds, it's really violent! As this is your 1st time racing with this car i'm sure next time you'll get better results as you get to know the car's behaviour.

It looked like it spun a lot in first, and goign into second. What clutch do you have? Do you have line loc? What was the burnout like? I've seen some fast stick cars... There's a bunch more left in it.
It is a 10" clutch and flywheel *** from Advanced clutches fully adjustable. $2500.00 yes I have line lock burnout was good, if you go back the the link you can watch other vides of my car.

What shock and spring combo do you have? Shocks and clutch are THE keys to a fast stick car. Was the bell aligned to the engine? What tires/tire pressure are you running?

What shock and spring combo do you have? Shocks and clutch are THE keys to a fast stick car. Was the bell aligned to the engine? What tires/tire pressure are you running?
Coil over suspension all round, Ladder bars Varishocks single adj and the clutch is a 10" adj from Advanced clutches $2500.00

You will need to get some good adjustable shocks at minimum for the back. Lots of suspension tuning to play with there. It's got a lot left in it. You can probably tighten the clutch a little too. Have you tried doing a parctice launch on clean dry asphalt and reading the tire tracks? Have you scaled the car yet (I mean all four corners)?

I'm sorry if every one has got the wrong idea when I said first time to the track. what I meant was since all my up grades I have done that I have been posting on here of my build for the past two years.
I have owned this car since 1979 and have been racing it for years, just not with a 650 hp small block a fancy clutch and all new suspension.

View attachment DSCN4266-2.jpg

Kick *** car, Dude. I thought it was your first go-round...lol. Sorry about that.

Well the car ran excellent, the clutch gave me some grief getting it adj write. Best pass of the weekend

60' 1.40
ET 9.98
@ 133 mph

Launch rpm 5800
shifted @ 7500
through trap 7900

PS I got no pics on the weekend so I will have to track more down

View attachment DSC_0397-2.jpg

It's getting there. The shocks will be the next big deal... The best you can afford...

Kick *** car man, love the cut logs for the barriers on the strip.

-
Back