Weight comparo: HDK vs Stock

-
I hope the price doesn't go up too much when I'm ready
to trash the stock k member setup.

I was thinking the same thing...
I think you saw what happened...
Sold in less than an hour :)
Funds toward an HDK. Wrote the check today.
Truth be told, for the time I spent on it, I worked for peanuts, but I learned and had fun.
I see comments that the stock parts are fine and aftermarket susp is a waste of money. I agree stock is fine, but I have a feeling this investment will be a key part of making the car what I want it to be.

RH steer conversion (for my mates down under)

RHsteeroption_zps727c5441.jpg

Your welcome for that, LOL. Was that a pain in the ***? :banghead:
I told him that if anyone could do it, you could. :cheers:

Well looks like I am pulling the trigger and going for the HemiDenny suspension.Just got to write a check and send it off and the waiting begins.

Yes seriously.
Ive got my eye on a building and a piece of property for the shop,
I have to get the Missile out of the weather and I need a place to finish it.
I'm also putting the band back together, soo... a band vehicle is needed. This beauty caught my eye, an aggressive chop, new chrome and modern suspension/ drive train and we can cruise in style.
Andrew

Attachments

• 3Me3s23qb5K95M55t9d7fba4a50e314ee1606.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 495
I'm lucky enough to have Denny bringing me one to Norwalk on Thursday !!!!!!! Steve

Yes seriously.
Ive got my eye on a building and a piece of property for the shop,
I have to get the Missile out of the weather and I need a place to finish it.
I'm also putting the band back together, soo... a band vehicle is needed. This beauty caught my eye, an aggressive chop, new chrome and modern suspension/ drive train and we can cruise in style.
Andrew

Andrew, that thing is sweet. I would do it up as is. Slam it to the ground with big power and leave the patina.

lol.. that happens.. my boy was 11 at the time and put the entire passenger side together himself. couldn't believe how easy that thing went in and together.

DSC07827.jpg

AbodyJoe,
It looks like you got rid of your RMS front suspension and having your kid install the HDK front suspension, if I am correct.
Why the change??

Onig

no Onig....better clean your glasses....that is a RMS/Alter K.

good one though!

ABJ must be sleeping at the switch....otherwise I would see him smoking from here!

A couple of more questions.
On the first page you show how the camber does not change, great.
Have you or can you show how the toe changes as the front rises to full extension? In drag racing keeping the toe a near zero is what is needed as well, as you probably already know.
Also do you sell a complete kit with rack, hubs etc. for a complete bolt on? You may be able to get better pricing as opposed to us going to Summit, Jegs, Speedway, and also for less hassle for the buyer.

Thanks
Onig

I am putting the package together now.....complete package including steering shaft / universal AND your Mopar motor choice of HDK/Schumaker poly-spool mounts. Component mounting bolts (Grade 8/poly locks), ball joints, tie rods, misc hardware included.

with manual rack and std 2" drop spindles..........$2995
Gen II or Gen III Hemi mounts......................Add $100

options:
upgrade to Wilwood Pro Spindles..................Add $175
Addco sway bar (7/8", 1", 1-1/8")...............Add $150
power rack and pinion upgrade.......................Add $50

DOES not include coilovers....too many variations / options. One size (ride height) does NOT fit all.
I will advise on sizing on a one on one basis

I do not have a bumpsteer graph to show you. Next time I have a K package in the "mule " with just a shock, no spring, I will attach the bump steer gauge and snap some photos. Sounds like a good project for Monday or Tuesday

U Da Customer / User.....just trying to do my best!

thanks for the input, it is very valuable to me.

Mopar to ya"
Denny

-
Back