Weight comparo: HDK vs Stock

-
Already built a BB A-body with a 6 spd. Nice part is it has sweet camber gain from the factory lol!

so...if I read you correctly.....for road course racing you would want a small amount of negative camber on compression?

I can "tune " the negative camber back in easily...by further raising the upper ball-joint pivot with QA1 extended ball-joints...they make the extended studs in several lengths....the extended ball-joint combined with the extended Wilwood spindle, that upper pivot point can move up to 1.5"

With my lowered ride height and big tire on full compression with tire clearance I get about 1°of camber change so I should have some great track results out of the k.

Denny I know its a small detail to some but don't forget your the only after market k member with integrated bump stop on the k member too.

With my lowered ride height and big tire on full compression with tire clearance I get about 1°of camber change so I should have some great track results out of the k.

It is sweet how nice the geometry worked out on the slammer versions.

awesome stuff, been watching your progress last couple years, put the alterk in my challenger in 2010 been very happy with it,however wish the fronts were tucked in a little more. just put bills street lynx in my 69 minitubbed dart and would like to use your front k, sending you a pm to get the ball rolling,thanks ,nw dart.

Patiently waiting for mine to arrive......grand total to Denny with the shipping to Washington state was $1977.00. Have been very satisfied in my dealing with Denny, answered all of my questions with actual answers....not the one word crap I got from someone else.

whats the difference between the denny and the denny superslammer???

Installing the spring/shock and upper control arm /spindle was so easy. went so fast I didn't take pictures in between lol

lol.. that happens.. my boy was 11 at the time and put the entire passenger side together himself. couldn't believe how easy that thing went in and together.

DSC07827.jpg

whats the difference between the denny and the denny superslammer???

how far down the the k-frame hangs (post 31, last picture. See how high up the K-frame assembly is in the car compared to the radiator support?)....or maybe better explained....how high up the motor/trans gets installed.

To gain ground clearance for the builders that want a very low stance, some raise the tunnel slightly, maybe 2"...or more, and kinda suck everything motor, trans, exhaust, suspension upward into the car.

not so much a out-of-the-box build....but the results can be spectacular!

Back on track..lol...

I just pulled off my factory K, Torsion bars, shocks, upper and lower control arms, spindles,manual steering box, cast iron calipers, disc brake setup, and everything else that i'm forgetting to list that would come off for installing the HDK. . basically everything off the front end.

weighed 218 lbs. looking forward to my HDK install, and some light weight brakes. i'll weight all that stuff going on, and see how much i saved overall.

I think the real cool part of both of these front end kits is the massive savings of weight in the brake systems. I have the wilwood 12.19 brake kit, with their aluminum 4 piston calipers, and the 2 piece rotors with the aluminum hub is a whole bunch lighter than the stock stuff.

hdk system looks great, make me wish i was building another A body,,,, good luck with your creation,,,

hdk system looks great, make me wish i was building another A body,,,, good luck with your creation,,,

thanks...

Hot Rod 101
Rule #1

Rarely use anything as it comes out of the box.

Rule #2

Always try to make it better.

I hope the price doesn't go up too much when I'm ready
to trash the stock k member setup.

Hey Denny,
I have my eye on a new project that may need a new front end.
Its a 1959 Dodge Coronet ambulance!
Andrew

HemiMark,

I started to PM you about this, but since I was a big enough idiot to cause a shitstorm on open forum, I can be a big enough man an to apologize on open forum. All I saw was a friend (mopardude318) get called a name and it rubbed me the wrong way. One thing led to another and I got caught up in something that was none of my business. I am sorry. I should have kept my mouth shut.

HemiMark,

I started to PM you about this, but since I was a big enough idiot to cause a shitstorm on open forum, I can be a big enough man an to apologize on open forum. All I saw was a friend (mopardude318) get called a name and it rubbed me the wrong way. One thing led to another and I got caught up in something that was none of my business. I am sorry. I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm sorry also, I was defending my brother ......

Apology accepted

now lets build some Mopars!

-
Back