well my car got f'ed up. t boned!

-
lol and if u think i was on his side of the road he still had if u look at the pics of the skid marks he had 3-4ft from the edge of the road

if that's not a faint painted line, and the gate is a "one car at a time" entrance, that changes the whole thing. If it truly is a single-lane gate, you would have to have moved to the center of the road - you didn't mention that before.

lol and if u think i was on his side of the road he still had if u look at the pics of the skid marks he had 3-4ft from the edge of the road

not trying to be a dick, but at the point of impact, YOU had about 10-12 feet from the edge of the road on your side.

And he was flying.
let's not get crazy - those skid marks aren't more than 2 car lengths - probably about 35mph. I had skid marks over 75 feet long going 45mph when a guy turned in front of me - granted, I was ina heavier 2001 Durango, but I take that into account looking at those - maybe - 25foot long skid marks.

and for the record, I went to my accident site and measured them - 75 feet is no exaggeration.

Go measure the total lenght of the ricers skidmarks, and lay down a tape measure next to them while taking the pic and show the total length. then measure from his right front sKid mark to the curb on the right side. surely another car will fit thru that. and judging by the skidmarks that they are in a straight line shows he was unable to steer his car because he was out of control, had he been in control of the car Ie: not skidding he could have steered to avoid the accident, had he not been going to fast for conditions there would not have been an accident. as far as the insurance co. "totaling" your car....that's not a decision they get to make you can allow them to but they can't just do that unless you let them and the car is very repairable so don't let them. This is not that big a deal so fight em with facts....length of skidmark's, speed limit for that road, straight skidmarks showing the driver was out of control at the time of the accident. the fact that he was approaching a corner and skidding shows speed unreasonable for conditions....the bottom line is there are no skidmarks from your car because you werent speeding.....so FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!

Go measure the total lenght of the ricers skidmarks, and lay down a tape measure next to them while taking the pic and show the total length. then measure from his right front sKid mark to the curb on the right side. surely another car will fit thru that. and judging by the skidmarks that they are in a straight line shows he was unable to steer his car because he was out of control, had he been in control of the car Ie: not skidding he could have steered to avoid the accident, had he not been going to fast for conditions there would not have been an accident. as far as the insurance co. "totaling" your car....that's not a decision they get to make you can allow them to but they can't just do that unless you let them and the car is very repairable so don't let them. This is not that big a deal so fight em with facts....length of skidmark's, speed limit for that road, straight skidmarks showing the driver was out of control at the time of the accident. the fact that he was approaching a corner and skidding shows speed unreasonable for conditions....the bottom line is there are no skidmarks from your car because you werent speeding.....so FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!
Braking skid marks are pretty much always going to be in a straight line - the fact that there are skid marks shows that he wasn't able to control the car. The question is was it avoidable, and who was at fault. BTW, there is no way another car would fit between the ricer's marks and the edge of the road - I think that's pretty obvious - at least to me. I'm just trying to be objective. I know last year when I was going down a straight road, an old man turned directly in front of me to enter his driveway. There was nothing I could have done but slam on the brakes and slide right into him. So in that instance, there was a reason that I left skid marks - not because I was not in control of my car, not because I was speeding, but because someone impeded my path. I'm not saying the OP is at fault, but just recognizing that he does appear - to me - that he IS at least partly in the wrong lane, and may very well have been at least partly at fault by essentially cutting the corner too sharp and cutting the guy off.

I hope everyone takes the time to look at the pics to realize that the OP's car was at least 6 or 7 feet back, and a foot or 2 closer to the wrong side of the road at the point of impact. Look where the debris and coolant are - that is the point of impact. place the car there, and he is further into the other lane than it appears in the photos.

i havs the same amount of road beside me as he didthe gate is where its narrow who goes fast approaching a turn thats narrow except someone that i think was gonna try to ebrake drift around the turn.

well i think today ima jump the gun on the insurance company and take it to a couple local bodyshops see what the estimates are let ya guys know how much when i get back.

omfg i could not beleive this first shop i went to they said we wont even touch anything this old tole me that they know a body shop 100miles away that would. so i go to the next shop and the guy was cool he said ok gimmie 2days ill try to locate parts and get u an estimate.third shop said emeditly that isurance was gonna total it nothing they can do to it but if it was a 69 camero he said they could fix it.fourth shop said $6,540.the last shop said totaled to go to the guy i was gonna have do it for 1000. and thats after me telling all them guys i have the parts. and funny enough i got a letyter from the isurance company they still dont know if this guy is a pollicy holder. how funny good thing i have uninsured driver coverage.

Keep looking for body shops, you will find one out there who wants the job. Stay positive and you'll get through this. One thing to keep in mind is sum of money you need from the insurance company is relatively small change compared to how much they shell out for many accidents...if you stand your ground chances are you will get what you need out of them.

if you do find a shop that specializes in classic carts, their estimate will shock you.

hows this for some bull s .... i called the guy again that the body shop guy told me to call about getting my car valued and he says ummmm srry i cant help u sun rise isurance got to me so its a conflict of intrist hes my adjuster.lame and the report isnt gonna b back until monday.

I say if I took my 98 Neon w/o anti-lock brakes up to 35 mph and slammed on the brakes it would only skid 25 feet or so. A resonable speed there would be 25 mph or less and the skid marks would have been 10-15 feet. His skid marks go 35 feet or more and then still impact at a good rate of speed, probably 10-15 mph. He was either going a good 45-50 or his braking system was not functioning properly. That gate would be treated like a one lane bridge, first come first across and you should actually stop before crossing. He had no intention of stopping. I'd say you were right and he was going to drift that turn.

anyting u see u might wanna trade for? and are all the body lines the same.

I believe the body lines are the same on the doors. But I would like a few people to confirm, just to make sure.
The trade would be two doors for a 6pack of rootbeer. The drivers door is currently gutted, but I do believe I have all the pieces, including glass.

I believe the body lines are the same on the doors. But I would like a few people to confirm, just to make sure.
The trade would be two doors for a 6pack of rootbeer. The drivers door is currently gutted, but I do believe I have all the pieces, including glass.

I seem to remember the same trade for a pair of engine to trans supports. ;)

Curious if the insurance companies have decided who's insurance is paying for this. I know we're all in your corner here, but I'm pretty sure the insurance companies are going to give you a good fight about writing off the car. They just don't like fixing old cars. As to the estimates, well, even $6500 probably won't go far. I just had an estimate to replace a door on a 2001 F350 for $3000 and your looking at 2 doors, rocker and post with next to impossible to find parts!

I just had an estimate to replace a door on a 2001 F350 for $3000 and your looking at 2 doors, rocker and post with next to impossible to find parts!

Over the winter had a windstorm take out a tree which partially fell on our 07 Liberty - numerous dents on the roof and passenger side upper door frames. When all said and done, the body shop replaced the roof and both doors with used parts, painted everything, buffed other scratches out, etc. and bill came to just about $4000. Not a whimper out of our insurance company (USAA).

-
Back