What’s the best new high hp motor that will fit in a 72 Scamp?

-
True “bolt in”?

Blueprint stroker, or have something built.

Unless someone has some NOS blocks kicking around........ I don’t think you’ll be getting anything that’s actually “new”.

Not sure what’s involved with putting a G3 in it.
I’m guessing it’s not a “bolt in” operation...... but it might be.

True “bolt in”?

Blueprint stroker, or have something built.

Unless someone has some NOS blocks kicking around........ I don’t think you’ll be getting anything that’s actually “new”.

Not sure what’s involved with putting a G3 in it.
I’m guessing it’s not a “bolt in” operation...... but it might be.
How reliable are the Blueprint motors? Want a quieter valvetrain also.

If your Scamp is set up for a small block, a 408/415 will get close to 500 horse without too much work. You will need a converter, a juiced up 904 (or 727 if you choose but not necessary) and a stout 8 3/4 rear with some good gears. (3:55 or better) Be prepared to boil the hides at will. It will be a handful to drive.

6.4 Scat Pack motor. That would be new and 500 hp. Keep us posted :)

408, any manufacturers recommendations? I looked at ATK and they had some really low ratings.

408, any manufacturers recommendations? I looked at ATK and they had some really low ratings.
Get in touch with Johnny Mac, a member here that works for blueprint engines.
blueprint1.jpg

"Best" is subjective at, well.....best.

What do you plan to do with it?

Honestly if I were looking for something it would be money, not horsepower. Once monies found then I'd buy horsepower and a car capable of using it.

If you haven't already, it's best to prepare your suspension and brakes BEFORE you add that much horsepower..

You want to make sure you can drive it and stop it!!!!

Agree with Rusty on the LS
I just converted a motorhome from a 454 carb motor to a LS no comparison

hard to compete with 50 year old Iron
turbo or NA
There have to gen 3 installs, do a search
they are getting common at Junk yards

He did say best. Nothing Mopar makes can compete with an all aluminum turboed LS for power made VS dollar spent. Nothing.

Sad but true !
Chysler Fiat stuff is so dam high $ wise , its about only for the rich and famous . Dam sure lets me out .

just to stir the pot fords DOHC 4.6 is what got chevy scared !!! and with less cubes !! now IF Ford brought back the SOHC or DOHC 427 // I would bring back the real BOSS HHMMMMMMM I love bench racing..

Personally, if my warmed over 340 craps out , I will be a 408 fan !!!

I would love to see someone do a 5.0 coyote swap in an A body.
My wife keeps a fleet 5.0s Mustangs around for me to test drive and I have to say that engine is amazing... especially the 2019 with 460 horse 10 speed.
Drop one in a body with a T-56 and put headers and tune you would have a crazy fun combo....

75AA3A41-287D-4D38-A995-7043023490CF.jpeg

-
Back