What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Going to take out the original 3.91 center section and put in a 489 3.23 SG unit so I can put more miles on my car next year. Hoping she is still fun to drive. Started tearing it down yesterday and figured since I have the driveshaft out I'll do new u joints since I already bought them a while ago. Waiting on parts for the rear switch so going to the u joints and more tear down today. Maybe I'll get lucky and my parts will come in today.
Epic failure today....Couldn't get the u joint out after removing a cap so I went to pound back out the side it came from. Should've put the cap back on the other side. Some how it got crooked. Ended up at Advanced auto to borrow the press kit. Finally got the joint out but while pushing out the cap one of the ears on the drive shaft got bent a little. I tried to straighten it out and it looked good. Couldn't get the new joint in both ends. Sucked it up ad brought it to a shop to clean up the mess I made. 55 years old and still learning lessons. Needless to say the center section did not get done today. I did change my oil in my WRX and get my sons skates sharpened for his games this weekend...hahaha

Well, my hardware for the running boards came in today, but they didnt show untill it was dark out
(Funny sight, the UPS guy drove up in a U-haul, must be a story behind that)

So, first thing in the morning, me and the boy will slap them on

Took the mistress out for a run today as the weather was more tolerable than yesterday 46.5 degrees 116.24 in your part of the world , made some tweaks in Cruze afr mode and cold start as she was a touch on the lean side. Gave it another 40 min run to see if the EFI responded to my changes much cleaner under acceleration and I’m happy with the outcome. Here’s a pic of her
DBC0D02F-7066-4DF2-BCD1-73CD6AC4DCC0.jpeg

Well, my hardware for the running boards came in today, but they didnt show untill it was dark out
(Funny sight, the UPS guy drove up in a U-haul, must be a story behind that)

So, first thing in the morning, me and the boy will slap them on
This time of year UPS hires in temp help and rent a lot of U Hauls and Budget trucks to get the deliveries out. Normal thing every year.

Spent some time today doing what I hope is the final test fit with the A500 trans. This was the first time it's been in and supported by the USCartool crossmember.
Took measurements for having my driveshaft shortened. It has to come back out one more time so I can weld in some reenforcement where I had to cut the upper crossmember.

IMG_20191221_142407172.jpg

I got my Mexican??Ebay park lite lenses filed flat,casting flash all removed, polished and painted for the Dart Sport.Now Im gonna see if they fit good enough to use!

IMG_2657.JPG

Spent some time today doing what I hope is the final test fit with the A500 trans. This was the first time it's been in and supported by the USCartool crossmember.
Took measurements for having my driveshaft shortened. It has to come back out one more time so I can weld in some reenforcement where I had to cut the upper crossmember.

View attachment 1715441032

Lookin good man! That tunnel is SLAP full of transmission now! lol

I've been so dang busy I just had time to at least get it in the air...gotta pull the transmission. .....

thumbnail_20191222_135720_HDR.jpg

Jeff

Changed the battery in my 2013 Avalanche today. All metric fasteners and it required removing body bracing, ugh. Done and worry free for a few years now.

Screenshot_2019-12-23-06-02-09.png
I was able to get out to the garage yesterday for a few hours and fiinish my seat project .

finished the change over from 2.76 peg leg to 3.23 sure grip and SBP to LBP. and since it was 50* out today took it for a test drive.
before & after.

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_0040 (1).jpg

Painted the driver's side of my new Doug's headers. Will paint the passenger side tomorrow. Waiting on a power steering input shaft seal to arrive before I install them. Hopefully it will arrive this week. I'm ready to finish the 5.9 Magnum swap!!

IMG_20191224_145057.jpg

-
Back