What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Today I will install my G-Max rear sway bar kit from PST that I ordered with my other suspension parts when I rebuilt my front suspension. Not a high end deal but it will work fine for my use of the car.

Ordered a Positive Battery cable from M&H today for my 1972 Dart. Saved $75 vs going to Yearone for the same cable they didn't have in stock anyways. :)

Got my exhaust manifolds removed for detail and paint. Ordered the VHT silver paint for them today. I will be dipping and blasting them next week. Hope to have them back on the car before the new year holiday is over for me.

273exhaust.JPG

Installed Doug's headers today. Well...got passenger side done. Had to remove torsion bar on driver's side. Got the bottom of the header in and discovered my mini starter is clocked wrong. It's hitting on the block. Going to the parts store tomorrow for one. Hopefully it will work.

Passenger side. Still need to put my Commando valve covers on.
IMG_20191227_221406.jpg

No pics but my son and I spent a couple hours disassembling his truck. I love the time spent with him on this project! Doors off, hood off, fenders almost ready to come off. Going to need to do a little shop shuffle and get his frame in the front garage so I can start bodywork on the bed in the back.

I got my block disassembled and ready to take out for cleaning too!

Cley

I showed my brother-in-law and my nephew's my Dart, so there's more people who want to see it on the road, and it gives me a little more motivation after hearing the brother-in-law say, "It's not far from being drivable"! Hell yeah! I had just found out my 17 year old nephew is a motorhead (and he has an offer for a free ride, minus housing, to Alabama something or other, smart kid), and he has an '09 Charger SXT, and wants to buy a 60's Barracuda. I told him about the site Thursday night, and today he was telling me about all the cars for sale he would like to get. Gotta show him mine in action!

Going to find out what kind of fittings this takes... and do more research/planning!!
20191227_165334-jpg.jpg

Well, the Dart has been down for nearly two weeks since I blew up the 8-3/4 on its first drive by forgetting to put oil in it... Cass got the chunk on the 22nd but it may be a while before I get it back, especially with the holidays. So the last couple of days, I made a pair of subframe connectors from 2x3 box tubing (BBD Tech Pages article)
DSCF0097.JPG
DSCF0094.JPG
. They're at a shop for powder-coating.

I need to modify my rear lower roll pan to take an exhaust pipe on the right side to match the factory one on the left side. The 1967 Barracuda only had single exhaust on the left side and it needs to look good with the dual exhaust it gets next month. Painters tape and my cutoff wheel will get a workout.

Got my 63 series wheel vintique wheels yesterday. 235/60/15 cooper cobras mounted this morning. Got the Dart off the jack stands finally.

3BE772B4-ED21-467D-AD59-4AE1964C8100.jpeg

C6493191-CD11-426F-B0C0-AEF47357A82C.jpeg

Well, I got the Great Pumpkin out today for the first time since November 22! My right arm is still a mess from my surgery on November 23, but it was worth it. Kind of wish I had an automatic for a little while though!

20190819_185107.jpg

What size wheels? 15x7??
I'm thinking of doing the same.

Yup, 15x7. I have bigger plans for the future but for now these are the 5x4.5 with 4 inch backspacing. Just an off the shelf wheel. If you are thinkin about it, check around. I ordered mine direct from wheel vintiques.... shipping was expensive. Looked around after I ordered them and saw jegs was free shipping.

Yup, 15x7. I have bigger plans for the future but for now these are the 5x4.5 with 4 inch backspacing. Just an off the shelf wheel. If you are thinkin about it, check around. I ordered mine direct from wheel vintiques.... shipping was expensive. Looked around after I ordered them and saw jegs was free shipping.
Thanks! That's good to know about the shipping.

-
Back