What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
those lockouts finally showed up so i installed them

just in time too, the passenger side was starting to come apart, and the drivers side was worn through and letting junk in

all the videos on youpuke were 4 minutes long
turns out it takes just a little bit longer if you actually take the time to clean out the caked on grease, and rust

Not today, but last night... checked out a socket.. found a spare 1157 bulb... light works... kind of, it doesn't turn off... is this the incorrect bulb?

View attachment 1715650552

View attachment 1715650553

try turning the dimmer switch
a lot of times, just past "bright" it clicks to "dome light on"

those lockouts finally showed up so i installed them

just in time too, the passenger side was starting to come apart, and the drivers side was worn through and letting junk in

all the videos on youpuke were 4 minutes long
turns out it takes just a little bit longer if you actually take the time to clean out the caked on grease, and rust

try turning the dimmer switch
a lot of times, just past "bright" it clicks to "dome light on"

I turned the switch headlight switch it didn't work. I'm going to get the right bulb (1004) before messing with grounds or door ground switches. I also think my current switches are hitting this rubber seal instead of the metal on the doors when the doors close.

Ps- yes I know my door cards need fixed... its on the list... everything is on the list... I need some ideas for some projects that are cheap...

20201217_172630.jpg

20201217_172612.jpg

I turned the switch headlight switch it didn't work. I'm going to get the right bulb (1004) before messing with grounds or door ground switches. I also think my current switches are hitting this rubber seal instead of the metal on the doors when the doors close.

Ps- yes I know my door cards need fixed... its on the list... everything is on the list... I need some ideas for some projects that are cheap...

View attachment 1715651331

View attachment 1715651332
Did you try pushing on that door switch to see if it works?

View attachment 1715651331

View attachment 1715651332
I'll take a picture of mine if that helps you?

Does it not have to hit metal to ground it and turn it off?

Nope
It is a "normally closed" push button type

With the door open, the circuit is closed and whatever is on the circuit will have power to it (in this case, the dome light)
When something presses on it (your finger, or, under normal circumstances, the door) it presses the button and breaks the circuit, interrupting the path and shutting of the dome light

The dome light connection is actually in the trunk. In front of the left wheel well. You can disconnect it there until you find your issue.

The dome light connection is actually in the trunk. In front of the left wheel well. You can disconnect it there until you find your issue.

I just take the bulb out... its never had a bulb in it before and I didn't know it worked.

Nope. Just test it with your finger. Hold the center pin from moving and use a open end wrench if you have the urge to pull the switch out.
There was a "technique" back in the day using a spare key loosely screwed into that door post just above the switch...

Anybody know what I'm talking about????

Got the trans, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and bell housing out. Brought the trans to a friends shop to be gone through. Trans works great just leaks so I'm hoping just new bearings seals and gaskets will do the trick. So much old caked on crap on the engine and trans and since I have it this apart I'm going to do a rear main seal and new pan gasket since everything is soaked. Hoping to make it presentable with a degreasing and maybe find if there is still anything leaking. No oil was hitting the ground but its all over the place. Whoever owned the car before I did just let it leak and never addressed the issue. After I clean it all up and get the seal and HV oil pump in I can start reassembly. Got the flywheel cut today and received my new trans mount and Mccleod Street Pro clutch kit so it won't be long before I am putting her back together. Pretty productive day off today and I got one tomorrow too.
Rear main seal, HV Oil Pump, and pan gasket were done first. Pilot Bushing in place. The old one was literally worn down to about 1/3 of the correct thickness. Newly resurfaced flywheel in and torqued down. Clutch and pressure plate in and bell housing mounted. Just need to take a look at what is needed to put the z Bar back together since I have it not connected to the bell housing yet. All nicely painted and cleaned as I go along.
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg
IMG_1797.jpg

Rear main seal, HV Oil Pump, and pan gasket were done first. Pilot Bushing in place. The old one was literally worn down to about 1/3 of the correct thickness. Newly resurfaced flywheel in and torqued down. Clutch and pressure plate in and bell housing mounted. Just need to take a look at what is needed to put the z Bar back together since I have it not connected to the bell housing yet. All nicely painted and cleaned as I go along. View attachment 1715652143 View attachment 1715652144 View attachment 1715652145 View attachment 1715652146
Good job. Now go take a break & get your favorite beverage :)

Good job. Now go take a break & get your favorite beverage :)
Thanks. I think my wife hates me cause I am spending a lot of time in the garage. I'm so happy with how things are going and all the previous problems I am fixing. To bad we just got a foot of snow and spring is a long way away. I just watched a youtube video on how to rebuild my Z Bar. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. Right now I am going to grab a beverage and relax and watch Roaklill Garage. Have a good night.

Yes sir, im still waiting on some other bushings the kit didn't include. I'm going to degrease and clean up everything while I'm at it. Prime and paint a few spots as well.
I did my front end off the car. So I could make sure it was as good as possible

20170704_220802.jpg

Did a little waterless car wash and started hand polishing some of the trim around the windshield and passenger window... gotta get it looking pretty for tomorrow mornings cruise to Aarcudas house. I dont want him thinking I'm a slob, he may go fast but I need to look good...until I can go fast... wish my new sunglasses were here already so I could pull off the 70/80s mullet look even better...

20201218_184302.jpg

20201218_184243.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-184929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-184920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did a little waterless car wash and started hand polishing some of the trim around the windshield and passenger window... gotta get it looking pretty for tomorrow mornings cruise to Aarcudas house. I dont want him thinking I'm a slob, he may go fast but I need to look good...until I can go fast... wish my new sunglasses were here already so I could pull off the 70/80s mullet look even better...

View attachment 1715652203

View attachment 1715652204

View attachment 1715652205

View attachment 1715652206
Not until those rear quarter windows roll up and seal. Will you pull off that Joe Dirt look. Just pulling your chain. :poke:

Not until those rear quarter windows roll up and seal. Will you pull off that Joe Dirt look. Just pulling your chain. :poke:

Its only 1 of the rear quarter windows that doesn't function properly.... :rolleyes: lol. Ill pull the rear seat out one of the days in these next 2 weeks that I have off and I will fix the window... just for you :D

Its only 1 of the rear quarter windows that doesn't function properly.... :rolleyes: lol. Ill pull the rear seat out one of the days in these next 2 weeks that I have off and I will fix the window... just for you :D
Pm me. I'll walk you thru it. Not as bad as you think. Just a lot of prep before hand. I promise nothing will break.

shade tree.JPG

I'm working on a leaky valve cover gasket and timing today
(which doesn't make for interesting photos so I found this old one)

-
Back