What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Same as I've been doing for the past 10 months...waiting for it to get paroled from 'paint prison'

UPDATE: Got fed up with the painter after the car had been at his shop for over a year. He finished all the bodywork, primed and blocked it three times but refused to give me a completion date/schedule for paint. I told him I don't want to have to be buried in this car to be able to enjoy it!

So...went down with a buddy's borrowed enclosed trailer and picked up the car and all the parts.
A little drama but a quick appearance by the local law enforcement cleared up any question about whether my car was leaving with me that same day.
It's now sitting in the trailer at my friend's fab shop.
Already talked to another painter who was supposed to look at the car last week and give me an estimate on time/$$$ to paint. Got a day off tomorrow so going to head down to his shop and see what he's come up with.
The plan is to get it finished in 2018 so I can show it as part of our club's 25th-anniversary 12-car display at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona in January 2019.

Last edited:
Rebuilt my carburetor. 10year old reman unit. Every nut and screw was loose!

20171218_141325.jpg

All,

Finished my 11.75" front Diff Doc brake upgrade and have my rear disk conversion from Right Stuff calipers and brackets all painted and ready for the install later.

Marion

Took the Valiant around the block, I may or may not have left some rubber on the street... No pictures, that's incriminating evidence!

Staring my Barracuda for the first time in a year. Just got back from Croatia last night. Car has been in storage.

Keeping it simple but different for a change in appearance with the badges. I'll get them applied in a few days and post another picture.

20180121_154031.jpg

going to try to figure out why my Roadrunner will crank over but not start, i wormed it up a few weeks ago for 30 minnets and now it cranks but will not start, that was yerterday and going to be today to.

New carpet. I'd taken some fabric dye last summer and did the carpet looked ok but after 20,30, maybe 40 years who knows it just needed replaced. Learned putting the rear quarters back in it all fits a little tighter with new carpet.

Also got some new rear taillight lens and center chrome fixtures, just waiting for a warmer day to put them on.

Last edited:
Waiting for my fuel pump for my Dart to arrive!

nos mopar performance fuel pump.jpg

nos blue mopar performance fuel pump.jpg

Gotta love the F_BO sites, so many goodies to be found!

Like the wheels! After a few years sitting in the corner of the shop while I dealt with broken leg, couple bouts of pneumonia, adult onset diabetes that took away 65 pounds and most of my muscle mass, and an accident at work that broke some bones in my face and knocked m teeth out, I picked up a 360 and have been gathering accessories. Spent the last couple days cleaning and painting pulleys, brackets, etc. Got a real sweet intake done by Leanne ready to go. Been looking up of old threads on the different systems to refresh my memory. Got a long way to go, but I think my 65 Dart vert will be running by spring. At least that's my goal.

Well nothing today, except I did order some more parts. Tomorrow, finish up my new 3/8” hardline from the new tank to the engine bay. Then install and wire up my fuel pump relay and oil pressure cutoff switch. If I can get those two things done, then I’ll be driving the dart for the first time with the new 5.9 magnum.

rain all day.. but 60 degrees!!!! ha Now tomorrow! sun and 60, figure why the speedo is not working. When I had the dash out last summer, did I plug it back in? or did I take it loose from the trans when I was trying to degrease it while in the duster!? ha

First trip down the road yesterday. Needs ins. and legal \tags....... maybe next month!????

-
Back