What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Well about a week worth of time of putty and hand sanding, done with both sail panels. Little bit of primer to find the high spots, now on to sanding the whole car.

DSCN1565.JPG

20 percent on all glass but the windshield. 50 on the windshield, looks stock, new cars already have tinted windshields....

finally upgraded the fronts to 15 inchers as well
of course i kept with the uberclass slotted mags

pics to follow

Yesterday was Fire Up day for the new Blueprint 408. I know that video is pretty much mandatory but no clue how to get my own videos on FABO.

Everything went really well (haven't done this in 38 years), with just 1 pesky oil leak with an AN fitting. Got the timing up to 34* at 3000 right away, and my new Ceramic coated TTI's got through it unscathed. Header temps never went above 400* and they look great except under that wee oil leak. Delighted that all my wiring mods worked out - thanks to FABO - no fires and everything is working great.

With just the glass packs, the Engine sounds like WW4 - in the good way. My back tires just made the endangered species list.

Gotta do a DIY Alignment, then continue with more checks / finishing touches and the shake-down cruises. This is going to be a fun summer. Insurance going on it no later than April 1. Like I can wait that long.......

Couldn't in a million years have gotten to this point without FABO. FABO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018-03-25-11-51-13.jpg

Last edited:
cleaned up and installed the 1970 bench seat in my 69 p code swinger project that I bought from 70roadkill.
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG

thanks a bunch kill.

1st ride of the year. Took some used oil to Autozone to recycle, about a 20 minute ride then headed to the park for a 2 mile walk, about half way back home. After the exercise I headed toward home. I live about 10 minutes from the park and it only took me an hour to get there. The PA countryside was too much to ignore so I took the long way home. 35 degrees and plenty of Sun, I'll take it this time of year.

-
Back