What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I am installing a under hood wiring harness that I picked up from Mega Parts. Trying to get the car turn key so it will move under its own power.

Well the weather was finally nice here in Michigan for a change, I think it got up to about 60 degrees. It was a good day for me to take the cover off the Barracuda, and remove the 7 1/4 rear end and take off the leaf springs. I am going to Mancini's on Wednesday to pick up a set of XHD leaf springs, some new front bolts, and some new shackles with the bushings and then get started on installing the 8 3/4. I am going from a 7 1/4 single wheeler with a 276 ratio to an 8 3/4 with a 355 ratio and a sure grip. I think I should see some kind of difference in performance when this is all done.
Bob

z334.JPG

z335.JPG

z336.JPG

z337.JPG

z338.JPG

z339.JPG

Installed a vacuum hose manifold to distributor and took the car for a pleasure cruise. I have enough data without the vacuum advance,
now I will gather a summers worth of data with the manifold vacuum advance hooked up. I have a new power valve and jets, need to see if I want to actually install them--------:)

Gapped the piston rings and installed on pistons, modified the oil filter plate, grinded the rear main stud and nut for oil pump clearance, modified the oil pump a bit after having the gears coated.

20180422_142142.jpg

20180415_154403.jpg

I made it over to Mancini's today and picked up my springs, U bolts, and new shackles. Also went over to DTS and picked up 3 quarts of 80/90 weight gear lube and a bottle of friction modifier for the sure grip. Hope to install the 8 3/4 this week end.

z340.JPG

z341.JPG

Had dual exhaust put in the Duster. The glass packs that dumped under the seat were too loud. Still nice and loud now, but its all out the back.

20180425_194552.jpg

Took it for a morning drive....and I'm taking her back out for and evening drive.....
Freakin car drives so great!!!

20171121_062916.jpg

Jeff

Guess ill start the day with replacing the original 7/8 sway bar with a new 1 1/8. then go find a twisted road...

Picking up a set of Aldan shocks and mounts. They wont even fit stock but they look cool.

I'm replacing all 4 power window motors and switches on my 63 Ply. Spt. Fury convertible . So hard to find and pain to install. Any and all input is appreciated . Mahalo C

Still working my wiring. It pretty much hooked up as easily as it came apart, everything seems to work, I have it cranking and firing with points. I want to install my electronic distributor/ignition, and fire it up, set timing etc.

Woke up at 6am so I went looking for a place to give it a wash. Cruised for 50+ miles and it' still not clean. But that' ok!
Cley

Well it was cold and rainy here in Michigan today so darn guess I can't work on the yard. Oh well it was a perfect day to install the new springs and axle. For those of you who were wondering who makes Mancini's springs here it is JRS on the top of the springs, John R Springs. Funny thing about them is that when I called John R Springs to make sure the heavy duty A body springs were in stock and get a price I was told they were $270.00 for the set #1981 and #1982 and Mancini had them for $235.00 for the set. It helps to look around a bit and save some money. That's it for now, I will put the brakes on and button it up next week then all I have to do is either find the right length drive shaft or get mine cut down.
Bob

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

drove my "decoy" 67 GT over in to next county for crawfish boil along with shrimp, mahi mahi, mushrooms, corn on the cob, sausage and delicious coconut cake. Beautiful weather in lower 70's without a could in the sky. Car ran great as usual!

will do some more work preparing for replacement of rockerpanels and maybe even install one new rocker,we will see but i doubt i will get it installed today.

-
Back