What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Painted the underside of my hood after cleaning it up.
20180510_232623.jpg

More cutting and will probably find more rust that i realy dont want and will probably create more work for myself in the process,learning is fun they said.

:)

I did, they didn't help. One of those things I didn't pay attention to when I took it apart, and it was giving me fits trying to figure out how to get the bolts in the holes when they don't line up, and where the hell did that other bolt go? Turns out I hadn't lost anything but my mind. Extra hole on a bracket that won't get used. Man am I glad I took pictures when I took it apart, so I didn't have to remember. What a pain in the ***! Onward and upward!
Ever tear an older ford p/u apart? The dam bolts and holes wouldn`t line up on anything on the front of the engine !

I was going to drive mine to work today but it was raining. So now I'm driving my Ford P.O.S. (Fiesta). Life is really too short to drive boring cars!!!!!
Cley
431.jpg

After six months looking, I was finally able to match and get the correct factory blue top it came with.

Bubba.JPG

figured out a coolant leak on the plow truck
it has been driving me bonkers

the PO installed an accordion style radiator hose (thats strike two) and i could not figure out for the life of me what hose i should need, because the one all the parts places quoted me didnt fit

i finally figured it out, the chrome water neck (strike 3) was the wrong one (like anyone makes a correct chrome water neck)
$7.95 at autozone later (sorry rusty) and i got a OEM replacement water neck and guess what...now the stock hose fits

whodathunk

(i wonder if this will improve my vacuum advance too?)

20180511_092619.jpg

20180511_092626.jpg

20180511_092903.jpg

20180511_093940.jpg

20180511_100825.jpg

20180511_100832.jpg

Well I would love to be putting my front right brakes back together with my new KH re-furbished caliper and new brake lines but the parts I need the most. The crossover line and the metal line which connects the rubber brake line to the caliper have not arrived. Got everything else. I got so impatient I ordered a second set of lines and and they have not shipped yet either.....Totally sucks but the weather is supposed to be crappy and its Mothers Day Sunday so I probably will have other things going on. Not liking looking at my car up on jack stands.

My AFR was reading rich so I changed the jets from 54 to 50 and the PV from 5.5 to 4.5. Photos below----------------------My cruise AFR went from 13.5 to 15.5. I think I have to order a set of 52 jets, went too lean. Also have some idle issues to work out, now it wants to lean out to stall at cold and hot idle. Another project----

CarbTuning 002.JPG

Checking fuel float level, make sure not too high.
Note the quick change secondary spring and cover kit on the back.
CarbTuning 004.JPG

Front bowl off, ready for new jets and PV
CarbTuning 008.JPG

Drained fuel filter into jar, note debris in filter, installed a new filter from stock.
CarbTuning 011.JPG

A little trick I learned to fill float bowls do engine has fuel immediately to start.
View attachment 1715175607

CarbTuning 012.JPG

Everything back together, because of filter location I use a heat wrap on it to help with vapor lock ect ect.

Last edited:
Painted and assembled my intake after getting it back from being ported. Kept it aluminum color just not the raw.

20180513_162934.jpg

Well I would love to be putting my front right brakes back together with my new KH re-furbished caliper and new brake lines but the parts I need the most. The crossover line and the metal line which connects the rubber brake line to the caliper have not arrived. Got everything else. I got so impatient I ordered a second set of lines and and they have not shipped yet either.....Totally sucks but the weather is supposed to be crappy and its Mothers Day Sunday so I probably will have other things going on. Not liking looking at my car up on jack stands.
Well my parts came Saturday late afternoon. I re-assembled the caliper and new lines on my coffee table. Yesterday I installed the caliper and new lines. Guess I didn't tighten the lines down enough cause I had a small leak when bleeding the brakes. Tightened it all down and I was able to finish bleeding the brakes. Pedal feels a lot better than it was but cause of the weather I never got to test my work. Car is back on the ground and ready to be driven.

Last edited:
Fabricated a set of sub-frame connectors for my Valiant a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to welding them in today.
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG

Welded some reinforcing plates on some lower control arms, and also pressed in new LCA bushings, for my 66 B-Cuda. Now I have to touch up the black paint.
Dave

I drove mine 60 miles to work today. Man is it easy to drive 80mph with that overdrive gear. I got here early this morning!!!
Cley

-
Back