What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Nothing, have to change the crankshaft position senor on my wife's car. They were kind enough to put it under the timing belt cover. All day project..............

Plugging away at my rear end project. ....

Attachments

• 20150612_110024.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 264
Well, it was yesterday but...
I pulled the front bumper brackets and slotted the mounting holes so I could move it back slightly and so I could align it side to side, and remounted my 26 inch radiator so it was straight and level.

When I first put it in I apparently had one side 1/4 lower, and it has bugged me since the first day I noticed it. :D

My paint guy finally came by and we got started on my engine compartment. There was some shoddy bodywork done there at one time, so we ground it all out and treated some of the areas where rust had poked through. Not much progress, but it's a start.

In my mind, I'm installing these:

776-d453.jpg

Not until Tuesday.

Today is rebuilding of the Valiant's front suspension. Clean,rebush,paint. Dang it ,, forgot to clean and paint the cam bolts !!:banghead:

Had my driveshaft built yesterday @ Jon's Shafts in Manchester. Turned it around in 2 hours. I hope I measured correctly. Installed shaft, no issues. 3" diameter with a 1350 front u-joint and a 1320 rear. Now fabbing a loop. Thank you Jon

Finished upgrading my rear suspension with a set of factory HD 6 leaf springs from another Barracuda project car. I replaced all the bushings, one set of U bolts, and replaced the front bracket with one that will lower the car. The end result, car sits at the same height as it did before I started, and can now load the car with people and a cooler for car shows.
Now I need to attack(rebuild/upgrade) the front suspension to compliment the rear. Feels good to update a little at a time over a few days, and then drive it for a while until the next window of time comes.
vbpgimage.php

I washed my heap for a Friday night car show in moonshine country....MN 13 :glasses7:

send all spare jars to.....

A good family/FABO member has some original MN 13 from the prohibition era that was in his grandpas basement that he made, once or twice a year the bottle comes out at a party and even though its old the bottle looks nasty on the outside, the stuff inside smells fresh and pure,,,,and its strong! MN 13 is still alive and still good, but the original is way better. MN 13 also runs in my family's history, dads grandma had gone to jail to protect her husband cause he had to work so she took the blame......show is in Holdingford MN and back in the day MN 13 was brewed and cooled underneath the catholic church lol :glasses7:

BTW..Al Capone sold this very shine in Chicago and people said it was the best shine in the country during these times....many people also died here over it due to gang activity.

Put new rubber on my Duster. Painted the wheels while I had them off.

Attachments

• 988584_10206082683819698_2698484877981533078_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 195
if it wasn't a hundred damn degrees here every day lately I'd change the hardware on my front brakes (had a retaining spring break last weekend).
But I wouldn't be driving it 'cause it's too damn hot anyways:D

Continuing to strip her down! Getting ready to get the body work done!

Took car to watch one of the granddaughters play soccer at local high school. Then stopped at the Lions Tap for burger & beer before heading home the long way. :) The locals around here know where that is

-
Back