What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Nice!! I'd say you done well with the new digs. Room to spread out, for sure!

Good to hear from you and I'm glad you have other things keeping you busy. Stop by every once in a while and say hello!!

It was 63 here today. I dusted off the Cuda and took it for a cruise with the wife. We went to Sonic for a drink. Got lots of looks.

Thanks for the nudge, I've been going crazy busy in so many directions in the past couple of years that I don't get as much time to engage in some of the leisure things as much as I used to. I got engaged and my fiancé and I both sold our houses in the Twin Cities cities and bought a place together about an hour north on 10 acres in June of 2021. It took a ton of work to get both of our houses ready to sell for great prices so that we could afford to get the kind of new place we wanted. We did good!
But now I've been spending more time getting the new place set up and so the car hobbies have taken a bit of a back seat, though not totally.
Last Fall, I got some new larger tires for the rear of my Barracuda and next I want to get the rear end lowered a little bit. It has the ESPO +1" springs and now I wish I had gotten the stock height. I'll probably order a set of the front spring hangers from Dr. Diff for that. It would be awesome to find someone locally who wanted to swap for a great set of stock height springs but I won't hold my breath for that.
Anyways, here's a few pics. :)

Cheers!
-Doug
View attachment 1715862583 View attachment 1715862584 View attachment 1715862585 View attachment 1715862586 View attachment 1715862587 View attachment 1715862588 View attachment 1715862589 View attachment 1715862590 View attachment 1715862591
Congratulations Doug, on the engagement and the house! Nice looking shop, I see you've already filled it up quite a bit.

Congratulations Doug, on the engagement and the house! Nice looking shop, I see you've already filled it up quite a bit.
I sold the Street Van and bought another 78 shorty van with a 440 in it! Haven't done anything with it yet except a couple of cruises and the Frankensteiners Car Show.
20211024_153210.jpg

Nice!! I'd say you done well with the new digs. Room to spread out, for sure!

Good to hear from you and I'm glad you have other things keeping you busy. Stop by every once in a while and say hello!!

I'll try to stop in a little more often! I do have some questions and info I'll be digging into on my Barracuda fairly soon.
Thanks!

408 Motor is ready to come home. After a rear main leak fix. Now if I could only lift it on the Kitchen table. :(

IMG_1694.jpg

Here is photos of what was left of lower bucket seat. Here was a picture of the tags on the springs

00D797ED-C1E3-46CE-B43B-BFE206A354AA.jpeg

B4755BF8-EAD6-4BAB-B154-88D12B078335.jpeg

A088B23A-AD72-4599-9CAE-9B9D9E5DEBDD.jpeg

63BEFDE3-103F-48F2-8D26-2724A9E79A6C.jpeg

Are you fabricating all your own sheet metal?
no sir, have a banged up fender with zero rust, I cut the good parts out of a 66 fender and put them on my fender (good one was mangled up with 10 hols it it.

20220124_173927.jpg

20220125_174725.jpg

20220125_174730.jpg

20220122_183735.jpg

20220122_183722.jpg

Well it is supposed to warm up into the 30's this week starting today (but windy of course). May go out to the garage to tinker. I am changing the heads and swapping the tunnel ram out for one about 1.5" shorter. So, drain coolant and other smalls today if I make it out there. Friday, I am planning on swapping in the SS springs.

Got the new "rebuilt" carburetor from Summit it's on and dialed in, very pleased. After a few days of switching distributors' parts and pieces got my advance to where I want it. The oil mods is working, the pressure is 30 psi @ 840 rpm hot idle. Another five gallons of gas on the run stand then its back into the Dart she goes. Thinking about re-clocking the distributor and let the vacuum can point towards the drivers side bank, there always seems to be disagreement with the wrench, sender and vac can....right of passage maybe?

IMG_4674.JPG

Got the new "rebuilt" carburetor from Summit it's on and dialed in, very pleased. After a few days of switching distributors' parts and pieces got my advance to where I want it. The oil mods is working, the pressure is 30 psi @ 840 rpm hot idle. Another five gallons of gas on the run stand then its back into the Dart she goes. Thinking about re-clocking the distributor and let the vacuum can point towards the drivers side bank, there always seems to be disagreement with the wrench, sender and vac can....right of passage maybe?

View attachment 1715866518
Glad to know I’m not the only one who curses the vac can when it interferes with the sender. Doesn’t seem to be any easier on a big block.

View attachment 1715866518
I move mine to the front. :rolleyes:

Went out to the shop at 11 today and did some wire brush work and started another line of tack welds, 5 minutes and another line, all tacked in and grind smooth.. primer sprayed and picked up my tools ! Done for the day, glad I have the pool table, I don't do good standing in a still pose and in a welding helmet, I got done and stood up and laid everything down and said thats enough for today.. but I am still on the move and proud to be able to at my age.

Holding pattern! I have been waiting on parts for over a week now. Usually, when i order from Summit Racing, I get the stuff within a couple of days. The order i placed last Tuesday still isnt here, and no date given. They had the stuff in stock as well, and it looks to be a UPS issue. they are blaming the ice / snow storm from last week.........

-
Back