what is your daily shooter?

-
Regret letting go of my Series 70 Colt Combat Commander in nickel.
Should have bought a retractable-stock HK-93 with a 40rd mag back in the 80's for $600 when I worked in a gun store
( very first paying job).
Shot some full-autos, and always wanted an MP5-A3, and a suppressed Uzi.
As far a scatter guns, a Browning A5 or a Benelli M1.
Rifles, an M1A or Garand would top my list.
I like old-school stuff. I don't need all the bells and whistles.
My AK is a Mak-90 I customized the stocks on. I have military stocks I like the looks of better, but it is so much more comfortable to shoot I generally leave it in this configuration.
Pistols, I like 1911's and CZ's, with SIG's as a close 3rd. I wouldn't turn down a nice Browning High-Power either...
I never could get into the Glocks or other modern stuff, though I do appreciate that they are capable and accurate, it's just a matter of personal preference and style.

Last edited:
I guess the 10 or so times I've dropped mine (I have 5) was a fluke. They never once went off, nor have they ever jammed. :)

Word is that the public release Sig 320's are prone to drop discharging while the military issue 320's don't.

I don't own one, and haven't dropped one, myself.

Bump stocked Ar 15 50 round clip....
ssar15-ogr-bump-fire-stock-5.jpg

My son has got his Winchester now, and of cause we had to test it on a few clay pigeons.
Seems like a nice shot gun. Payed $1100 for it. Middle barrel and three different chocks. My Rem will be 50 years next year. I have a full barrel as well.

Btw. Have a good Thanksgiving y´all.

Way way back a friend of mine, T-bone Anderson (had a green ´68 GTS 340), and I used to celebrate with chicken wings and beer listening to Fleetwood Mc (Stevie Nicks). Those were the days...
Stefan
20181122 davids winch.jpg

Ruger Blackhawk Stainless in 45 Long Colt with a 4-5/8” Barrel and a Stainless Frame Lorcin .380 for backup.

9E3E7495-4ACD-431B-B8BB-6DCB4DE56709.jpeg

Well, my daily driver is not worth mentioning, but I like my daily shooter...
I purchased this shotgun in 1969 and it´s still dependable. Remember this model was fairly new at the time, but I didn´t like the barrel that had the screw on type choke, so I chose two sets of barrels. And is it sweet to handle with the skeet barrel.
Since I have free range pigs, the jackdaws mostly, think the food is ment for them, but many over the years have learnt the hard way this is not the case...
What is your favorit when it comes to shotguns?
View attachment 1715183566
mine is a 1148 , it looks to be in better shape than what I can see of urs. both 20 ga. and 12 gauges, the 20 has had a million run thru it , never a flaw.
These are not to be compared with riot guns or defense weapons, ever tried hunting quail or pheasant w/ a sawed of shot gun ?!

Fav. shotgun? Old Winchester model 12 pump, in a 12 ga. Came from the Korean war era I believe, or earlier. Newest thing I have ever had!

Well several. Mostly daily is a Kahr .40. Sometimes a Ruger KLCR but that is a nasty *****. I usually carry +P in it instead of .357. Sometimes I carry a mini Colt 380 DA only. At rare times when I'm in my bikini (NOT!!!) I carry the beat up little Berretta .25 "Jetfire." I figure if I can't do anything else I'll throw it at 'em.

VERY rarely I carry the Browning BDM 9mm. I forget I think 20 rounds? That is a screwy gun. The trigger pull sucks but Browning did a masterful job inletting the slim grips into the hollowed frame so it's not nearly as fat a double stack as the old Hi Power which I used to have. Anyhow that thing is selectable fire, either DA only or conventional "SA" semi auto

I DON'T NORMALLY CARRY A PUMP SHOTGUN AROUND TOWN!! LOLOL

My EDC is a glock 26 and my backup is a Taurus 380.
I have several that I keep handy tho.
If we are talking shotguns my go to is a mossberg 500. Cheap dependable unbreakable!
Para Ordnance P14 (14rd .45 cal)
I bought it 25yrs ago and customized it back in 2010 when I worked for STI.
CNC engraved
Slide polished
STI hammer, sear, disconnector, firing pin, and extractor.
Gun Craft trigger tuned to a crisp 3.5lb
Fitted Ed Brown grip safety.
Pachmyar extended slide-stop
Rear sites might be Novak, can't remember.
Hogue grips.

The gun shoots better than I do.

Last year I handed it to an instuctor to try a few shots.
He put 5 rounds in one hole (about 1-1/2") at 15 yards, rapid fire.

View attachment 1715183595
You worked for sti? That is really cool what did you do there? I always wanted to get a job in the firearms industry. I'm an amateur gunsmith. Do alot stuff for myself not licensed I dont do anything for money or anything illegal. I have alot fun with it. I have build several custom rifles customized a few others.

mine is a 1148 , it looks to be in better shape than what I can see of urs. both 20 ga. and 12 gauges, the 20 has had a million run thru it , never a flaw.
These are not to be compared with riot guns or defense weapons, ever tried hunting quail or pheasant w/ a sawed of shot gun ?!

no, we´r not aloud to hunt with barrel shorter than 19".
We do have pheasant though, and even can see some partridge on a cold winters day on a winter wheat field, but not enough to hunt, so we plan on raise and plant out some pheasant...

My EDC is a glock 26 and my backup is a Taurus 380.
I have several that I keep handy tho.
If we are talking shotguns my go to is a mossberg 500. Cheap dependable unbreakable!

You worked for sti? That is really cool what did you do there? I always wanted to get a job in the firearms industry. I'm an amateur gunsmith. Do alot stuff for myself not licensed I dont do anything for money or anything illegal. I have a lot fun with it. I have build several custom rifles customized a few others.

Basic semi-custom production of 1911 and 2011 models. Fit all the small parts to each gun mostly. Safeties, triggers ,sears and diconnectors, plungers, mainsprings, slide stops, etc... it all has to be massaged and fit and look good.
Assembly, polishing slides, sights, bluing,...pretty much everything except barrel fit and slide to frame fit.
I could pull one apart, clean up all the small parts, reassemble and do the final checks before paint or bluing in 7 min. It was fun but the company sucked.

Basic semi-custom production of 1911 and 2011 models. Fit all the small parts to each gun mostly. Safeties, triggers ,sears and diconnectors, plungers, mainsprings, slide stops, etc... it all has to be massaged and fit and look good.
Assembly, polishing slides, sights, bluing,...pretty much everything except barrel fit and slide to frame fit.
I could pull one apart, clean up all the small parts, reassemble and do the final checks before paint or bluing in 7 min. It was fun but the company sucked.
That sounds like fun but I bet it would get old fast.
Believe it or not I have heard that about more than one gun company. I have a family member that worked for Alexander arms and Remington. Both with negative reviews lol he is kind of a prick tho so it could have been his own fault. Haha

I know I'm digging up an older thread but why not ?...Depending on my mood each day my daily carry (s) are either my S&W Model 60 snub .357 or my S&W Chiefs Special 3 inch .45 . Great carry guns..both .

Home D Keltec KSG 12 ga with 2 tubes holding 7 rounds each and selector so you can put shot in 1 tube and slugs in the other. Bull pup design puts barrel length 1/2" over legal and bottom eject makes it work for lefties too.
1.jpeg

Last edited:
CC Kar Arms 9mm stainless steel with 8+1 mag and crimson trace laser. Fits in your pants pocket.
Kar.jpg

Last edited:
Carry gun is a colt mustang, or a colt junior if it's T shirt time.

The Judge is a lot more than 150 bucks. If I have to shoot someone, my gun will be confiscated. I don't want to lose "much".
Agreed, the judge was around $75 to a $150 when they first showed up, after they caught on, their about $475 most places now. \ Talk about greed !

-
Back