What would it take to carry the front wheels to the 60' beams?

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I think that would be a blast! Running 10's and carry the front wheels out to the 60' beams.

What do I need suspension and/or H.P. and torque or both? lol...

Here is what I'm working with 65 Valiant post mini tubbed and cage.

Attachments

• KIMG0351 (Small).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 613
Got to be small block based! Working with a budget here.:-D

Can it be done with 500HP stroker motor?

Caltracs?

Loose front end?

Gear?

Converter?

Nitrous is possible have a small plate system.

Got to be small block based! Working with a budget here.:-D

Can it be done with 500HP stroker motor?

Caltracs?

Loose front end?

Gear?

Converter?

Nitrous is possible have a small plate system.
.Your gonna need to do a lot of trial and error with suspension settings and HP.Maybe PM 73Wheelsup,his wifes 73 Dart carrries the wheels pretty far.I mean straight up!

Just for my own education, and not because I think carry the fronts would kick ***, (which I think it totally does), wouldn't the car be faster spending the energy moving forward instead of lifting the front off the ground?

Just for my own education, and not because I think carry the fronts would kick ***, (which I think it totally does), wouldn't the car be faster spending the energy moving forward instead of lifting the front off the ground?

Don't know for sure. I've heard both ways can be faster, guess it really depends on each individual car and what they like.

I have watched Ron Silva do this in both his old cars a Valiant and Demon. They were both just really fun cars to watch. Of course he had some serious engines in both car. Thinking it could be done cheaper with a little nitrous though. There is some youtube video of Rons Valiant. I was looking for the Demon video. That car he had dialed in good and it launched like crazy but cant find any.

Don't know for sure. I've heard both ways can be faster, guess it really depends on each individual car and what they like.

I have watched Ron Silva do this in both his old cars a Valiant and Demon. They were both just really fun cars to watch. Of course he had some serious engines in both car. Thinking it could be done cheaper with a little nitrous though. There is some youtube video of Rons Valiant. I was looking for the Demon video. That car he had dialed in good and it launched like crazy but cant find any.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a combination of hp and suspension. You're gonna want to have it hit hard without going up in smoke.

I'm gonna be waiting for the video, so get to it. :D

Test and tune at Irwindale?

I was going the mention Wheelsup73. I think he said it was a stroker sb with Eddy heads and traction.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a combination of hp and suspension. You're gonna want to have it hit hard without going up in smoke.

I'm gonna be waiting for the video, so get to it. :D

Test and tune at Irwindale?

For sure T&T at Irwindale and Fontana. Don't hold your breath though this project started more than seven years ago. I did drag it home though and now I have to look at it. Wondering if I can get it drag ready mostly with parts that I have around. My original vision was a nice street strip car. With a lack of money that has now changed to just a stripped out gutted strip car I'm thinking.

Mostly just bench racing here but I'm serious about what it would take to not just lift the front wheel but to really carry them out off the line.

Maybe wheelsup will chime in.

Takes some HP and a good chassis

I know I could probably get the answers over on that other MoPar site. But honestly those guys scare me. :-D We'll get it figured out.

I know I could probably get the answers over on that other MoPar site. But honestly those guys scare me. :-D We'll get it figured out.

Yeah, those guys on the Neon sight are pretty mean for sure.....

Don't discount a great converter...

I really think that's the make or break component. Power/torque, yes. Suspension, yes. A 5000/5500 that hits hard, priceless.....I would think. :D

Here,s a 66 Dart (Early-A)that looks like he almost made the 60ft. mark.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzdqgBRbTQ"]1966 Dodge Dart wheel Stand - YouTube[/ame]

Don't discount a great converter...

I really think that's the make or break component. Power/torque, yes. Suspension, yes. A 5000/5500 that hits hard, priceless.....I would think. :D

I think your right, that and gearing. I remember Silva saying that a 4.10 gear made the Demon a real wheel stander Think he also ran a 3.91 gear that tamed it down a bit. He was running a real big inch small block though 470 something cubic inches. Lots of torque with a light car.

I have a 4.56 gear in the car now so I guess I'll start out with that. Thinking it may be revving pretty good at the top end. Think a cast crank four inch stroker crank will turn 6800 to 7000 rpm. Im thinking that may be pushing it a little.

you can find some relatively low hp stock eliminator cars launching in the way you wish to. finding the combo of gear and stall speed to get those cars "on the tire" is what you are in search of.

-
Back