Which headers Fit,Look, and Perform best?

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need to buy a set of headers for my build project. I have a 69 Dart, AT, 372" 340 with 469 hp and 493 lbs of torque @ the crank. This build needs to look good, fit good, and of course perform. If you could have any header you wanted to fit this criteria who's would it be?
Thanks guys,
Martin

TTI is the best looking in my opinion, Dougs also makes them and there is a for sale thread right now if you dont mind a dent on one. Do a search this question is asked often.

I liked the old Hooker super comps in the old days, but they are not practical for the street. They hang too far below the k-member and I ended crushing the pipe approximately 70% after a while driving on local streets and speed bumps. They hang to low and bang on too much for street use. They did run great when new....

i know this is a few weeks old but,you will never regret having them ceramic coated,my tti were put on in 2001 and still look new,you cant say that about painted headers

I wouldn't put shorties on anything unless you absolutely had to because of space limitations.

looks like that chart says tti. but who knows what they did to get those numbers. and the results may change with a more powerful engine. i never trust those magazine articles. tti may advertise in it and results may be made to make a sponsor look good.

even if the tti/dougs made a little less power i would sacrifice that power for the fit. can not stand that low hanging style spark plug blocking cheapy style header.

I ran TTIs on my 69 Barracuda with the 360 in there, fit GREAT, chrome didn't hold up though, looked bad after less than a year (although I only ran it for short jaunts and it sat a LOT.) I'd spend the extra on ceramic coating for them...

i wouldn't waste the money on any of those coatings. i've seen them all rust..

buy the eastwood paint and if they start to chip/rust scuff them and recoat them.. :)

My tri Y's with ceramic coating lasted over a decade and when I sold them they still were good enough to win a car show.

Not that this question hasn't been beaten to death, but I prefer TTi because I have them and they fit and give me access to my spark plugs. A lot of guys like Doug's. Basically, you get what you pay for. You buy cheap parts, you get cheap parts. Fitment and form aren't as big a concern as function on the cheap ones.

-
Back