Who here is into bikes??? Just got my first one

-
Really like the photos of the old bikes, guys. I started off with a 250 cc Benelli (used). In the summer of 1972, I bought my first new bike, a CB500F. Sold it two years later with 20,000 miles on it. If Uncle Sam hadn't been hot for my bod, I'd still have it.

I don't need one of them crotch rockets or poser cruisers these days. I needed something cheap to own and operate. I'm secure, so laugh all you want. I average 120 mpg and top out at 40 mph. When gas was $4.00 per gallon I could lay a five on the 7-11 counter and say, "I'm fillin' up and coming back for the change."

BTW: I rode to a Mopar Club meeting and brought a part with me. One of the guys asked if I brought that in on my hawg. Another responded. "That ain't no hawg, it's a piglet." And thus it became so named.

Piglet.jpg

No way!
You had an r5!
Cool! < snip > lol

Yup, a '72 R5, Cafe style, sorta like this one, except mine was White instead of Green and it had a fiberglass tailpiece/ Solo-Seat and Rear-Sets.

yamaha_r5c_350.jpg

tz250abs.jpg
guzzino_2077_6328420

My vote for best looking Italian Motorcycle:

The MV Agusta F4

800px-1998_Oro.JPG

that is one of the best looking bikes if you can afford it. Although i've heard riding one isn't too comfortable. Aprilla makes a model to compete with that but i forgot what's it called.

that is one of the best looking bikes if you can afford it. Although i've heard riding one isn't too comfortable. Aprilla makes a model to compete with that but i forgot what's it called.

You can get a used (2002) MV Agusta for about $8K nowadays...

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2002-MV-AGUSTA-F4-92192066

Riding one isn't too bad at all. Remember that you have to get off the bike at every fuel fill-up anyhow...

My favorite Aprilia is the FALCO SL1000R:

FalcoBlackStudio_600p.jpg

yeah its a really fun bike to ride, got off sport bikes about two years ago to slow down, even thought the raider isn't that slow.

1900 or 2000 cc ??? he kept up with my vulcan 1500 and that is fast for a stock cruiser

Yea the 996 duc is nice from what I see and this is just my opinion most of not all modern spprtbikes can thank the Ducati for how the front end looks with the wedge looking headlights, look at the 916(and other sportbikes of the same era),,748 etc. Man that Agusta in that pic looks HOT lol. All of those bikes in the pics look good. The newer zx-10rs are cool your looking for esp with the traction control. If I couldnt have the ducati I want or another pasta rocket ( you ducati guys if anyone says your full of bologna say thanks, thats where they r built lol) I'd want a zx-10r those r just crazy. I rode a really old cbr900rr a cpl weeks ago, that series of bike is nice too. Anyways,cool bikes guys.
Loser
(if you were closer and it was warmer on the mtn I'd be happy to :) I'm always up to going ludicrous speed, oh yea I forgot those things dont like to be thrown around n/m I wouldnt want you to get hurt trying to throw around that two tons of fun lmao) ..!.. lol

Those Agusta's are gorgeous. Saw a couple of them at the Rock Store a couple weekends ago. They are pretty. Them Italians sure know how to design. Hell...look at the styling ques Ma Mopar took from them back in the early days. The Ghia's where cool.

mopp_0801_01z+1958_handbuilt_dual_ghia+front_view.jpg

mopp_0801_03z+1958_handbuilt_dual_ghia+rear_view.jpg

I picked this up yesterday.

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R (998 cc)
Two Brothers exhaust system
Stainless steel front brake lines (with some type of special front master cylinder)

This bike is VERY fast. I got out on the back roads to check it out. It will go 103 MPH with it still in 3rd gear (that's when I left off of it ... LOL!)

Sorry for so many pictures! :angry7:

Ninja 1.jpg

ninja 2.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

My boss just traded straight a moto guzi for an aprilla flaco 1000, he also has a ducati multistrada 1000. the falco was definitely engineered to be comfortable.

My only problem with the Falco (and all aprilias) is the seat height. They are TALL bikes.

My only problem with the Falco (and all aprilias) is the seat height. They are TALL bikes.

I think that is a European thing...KTM's, Husaburgs, and I believe Husqvarna bikes are tall as well..what ever flavour MX bike you are racing, the KTM's are the tallest..

My Shovelhead on the way home from Sturgis in 06 after riding in rain.

Just started fixing up a 78 CB750 this fall. No pics yet.

dirtyshovel.jpg

Just started fixing up a 78 CB750 this fall. No pics yet.

F or C ?

My first bike paint job too. Just need some new side covers and paint them to match. Also going to put on a 4 into 1 exhaust a buddy had.
not bad for a $350.00 bike, $45 in paint supplies, also bought new chain, points, and free handle bars.
Needs a little tuning but that will wait til spring and the new exhaust is on.

100_0470.jpg

-
Back