Who makes the best gas tanks?

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the gas tank on my 1968 Barracuda....so I start Googling....
They're out there from many different vendors and all kinds of different prices.....

So I turn to you all again.....who's the "go to" source for quality and fit?

Thanks

Jeff

Spectra again. Call Jeff at 521 Restorations. Great guy to deal with.

Damn, Jeff. You should have just skinned that 'Cuda to the gills. Your re-doing the whole thing. lol. We bought our car right around the same time and you are kicking my tail. Your definitely doing a great job.

Damn, Jeff. You should have just skinned that 'Cuda to the gills. Your re-doing the whole thing. lol. We bought our car right around the same time and you are kicking my tail. Your definitely doing a great job.

Lol....just making her road worthy!
And I bet you get to drive and enjoy yours while every day this is all I get.....!

I can't wait to get her back on the road!

We have used and sold tons of Tanks Inc both stock and pump in tank for FI and hemi swaps. They fit like factory, no leaky senders, everything above fuel level and baffled so no starvation on accel or cornering issues. They come with Walbro pumps made in US if you have injection. We do deals for FABO guys, cheaper than scummit...pm for info

We have used and sold tons of Tanks Inc both stock and pump in tank for FI and hemi swaps. They fit like factory, no leaky senders, everything above fuel level and baffled so no starvation on accel or cornering issues. They come with Walbro pumps made in US if you have injection. We do deals for FABO guys, cheaper than scummit...pm for info

Tanks Inc is out of Iowa and they show up at various shows here in Minnesota. I know plenty of guys who use them for custom applications such as fuel injection. Never hear any complaints.

PM sent

:burnout:

Re use your old sending unit ring. If you want a new one moparmitch has some.

^^This^^ I've had one on my Dart for several years with no issues.

The biggest problem I've seen with aftermarket senders is the gauge reading. It'll be right at empty and full but not in between. Most aftermarket senders read linear while factory units read on a curve. For instance let's say the range is 70 ohms, 10-80, most aftermarket senders would read 1/2 at 45 ohms while a factory sender may read 1/2 at 20 or 50 ohms. This will cause the gauge to be off anywhere in it's range except empty or full.

MrJLR, tried to pm you but it says you cant receive them, is box full?I have a price for you so if you cant pm, give me a cal at the shop. Evan

MrJLR, tried to pm you but it says you cant receive them, is box full?I have a price for you so if you cant pm, give me a cal at the shop. Evan

Please try to pm me again....I had a setting set wrong.
It should go through now!

Jeff

I want to replace the gas tank on my 1968 Barracuda....so I start Googling....
They're out there from many different vendors and all kinds of different prices.....

So I turn to you all again.....who's the "go to" source for quality and fit?

Thanks

Jeff

I've used Spectra. No complaints.

FYI for anybody with the factory style tank that has sender below fuel level, you can use the Tanks Inc FI baffled tank and just get a pick up without pump, this keeps sender and pick up on top of tank which eliminates the leaking problem permanently. They also bolt in rather than using the factory leak ring. Personally, I will never deal with the leak ring again...too much time dealing with them prior to the invention of "real" tanks. :D Siphoning gas is for kids and thieves, not me.

-
Back