why is it that every goof in a new challenger wants to race me?

-
MtNemo,
So you had a flexi-flyer triple also ???

Just a case of too much power on a not-well thought out chassis.

I thought it was the coolest thing I ever bought. I WAS in shorts and a tee when mine wobbled. I know what they say, but at sixteen and not very experienced, there is no way in hell that I could give it some more throttle.

so big f'n deal.. when its your time thats it DAD. i'm not gonna live my life like a p*ssy.

But you might feel like a huge dumbass when you're dying on the side of the road.

Coming from someone who's been riding since 8 years old... there's a time and place for everything and there is such thing as "moderation".

wow man.. you should be a butcher at safeway or something..
and people are worried about hitting a deer...
would be safer then driving that p.o.s....

HAHAHAH thats one messed up bike hu. goes to show not everyone can work on mechanical things

holy crap! I'm only running 645cc's lol. but 645 of modded cc's now ;)
also, whoever made that corner @ 152mph.. why in the hell were you
looking at the speedo for? tsk, tsk, tsk. LOL.

Oh man that's a little bitty bike! lol!

It was one of those deals where I looked down before I hit the curve. This route we was own was a usual route I travel a good bit. I had never took that curve going that fast... never had the reason too. When I hit the bridge at 170 something MPH I skipped the entire bridge. I was REALLY flying... you know like flap yer wings type flying!! :-D

That dude is stupid.... I mean letting his dog watch him weld. That kind of pisses me off. :angry7:
whoa really? I missed that one. what a fricken idiot. anybody notice the Ducati right were he was welding? hope that wasn't his bike.
the horror he must have in store for it...

There are a few stock bikes that could take my dart, but I haven't seen a new challenger ( even the srt8's will mods ) that could. I won't race on the street. I take it to the track so the Idiots on the street that keep messing with me usually get pissed and give up. Usually the guys with the really fast vehicles don't have anything to prove. Its usually the guys in the V6 mustangs and camaros that act stupid.

got 2 buddies that has bikes. 1 has a 1300 that runs 5.60 in the 1/8 mile and ride it on the street the other runs a 1000 and runs 5.40/50 in the 1/8 mile and ride it on the street. more race on the street then anything....just not my thing give me my 4 wheels and 2 doors..mike

There are a few stock bikes that could take my dart, but I haven't seen a new challenger ( even the srt8's will mods ) that could. I won't race on the street. I take it to the track so the Idiots on the street that keep messing with me usually get pissed and give up. Usually the guys with the really fast vehicles don't have anything to prove. Its usually the guys in the V6 mustangs and camaros that act stupid.

Yes it was very stupid of me to race that guy. I look back and it scares the crap out of me with all the "what if" this or that happened? Not to good.

Had an 02 GSXR 1000. Only car I ever lost to was a twin turbo Mustang. When we raced from a standstill, I had him. But from a roll, especially 70 or so, I could not outrun him. But he could outrun me on the topend, was bumping the rev limiter in 6th gear and he just kept on pulling......

Ive run quite a few bikes on the street and not very often come on the loosing end. I'm talking basically stock bikes. Not saying the bikes aren't quick but between street traction and the cajones of the riders they are usually not good for more than maybe low 11s or high 10's

my outlook is i run my bike how i want, same with everything... only live once, have fun why you can.. A few people close to me died doing normal safe stuff... when your number is up it is up

Try looking at the new Mopar Action. Mr Norm GSS street Challenger runs 9.57in the quarter. YEAH. F--K the bikes. Hunky
And the price of this Challenger is ???? Price of a new Sportbike that will run mid 9's? Have not priced a new Sportbike, but my 02 GSXR that would run 9.8 (with a good rider) was around $9000. Timing retard eliminator $35, good pipe 1k and a good tune and the bike was capable of 9.4......

My old 2006 R6 red lines at 17.5k rpm. This is at a Track day. I have had it to 160 with a steering dampner. not many people tried to race me though.

Attachments

• l_256cb92f1c0a024767630d960ec016fe.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 105
frick some of you guys are clueless...

I guess your right, I must be clueless. I personally know two people that within the last three years have hit deer while on a bike around here, in broad daylight. Sorry, not worth it to me.
Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I rode and I still carry a motorcycle license but I seldom ride. I have better things to live for now than that thrill.
A friend of mine can't seem to not get a 100+ MPH ticket every year either, they are just too easy to speed on. Can't afford that either.

clueless in the sense that when your time is up.. its up. sure you can live
a life of mediocre, mundane existance, tryin to minimize your chances of
a pre-mature death. but is that really living? I think not. if a dear smokes me..
oh well. I can just as easily be smoked by a car while crossing the street,
which according to statistics is a WAY greater probability then hitting a deer with
a motocycle. btw,, getting smoked by a car is exactly what happened to me.
hence my months of absence from abody forums. I see life a bit differently now....

live it.. don't just exist in it.

-
Back