Why so critical of "universal" flex radiator hoses?

-
2 silicone 45's and a chrome faucet pipe.....! Bling !
I wont show you my PVC sweep I used to get an aluminum radiator to fit my slant.....

If you want your engine bay to look purty - cars shows, even snoopers who must comment on any classic car that pops the hood on the road, do like hot rodders and fab a custom hose. They like the upper hose for a Ford F-150 since long w/ many bends and cheap. If you cut in two you can rotate to fit almost anything. Use a purty aluminum splice (ebay red, blue, grn) which can come w/ fittings for a temp sensor, integral screen or such. Of course, if you can find a single hose that works, that is slicker. Many are for several apps and you cut off what you don't need to fit. If you search, you can find PN's others found that work. Lowers are easiest, uppers vary more depending on components like AC.

Y'aa are all full of ****, Ill run what I want on my car. yes I have a universal hose on a triple cored 6 cylinder radiator. I will run it untill I obtain the "correct " setup a-thank you.

Y'aa are all full of ****, Ill run what I want on my car. yes I have a universal hose on a triple cored 6 cylinder radiator. I will run it untill I obtain the "correct " setup a-thank you.
It's your car...run what you want. IMO, they look like crap but they can and will work if you can't get the correct preformed hose.

Its all good, I know my car has the incorrect radiator in it, its a FUBAR from way back, scrapped the original, snagged one from a u pull it when Darts were still in U pull its, had it "re cored" triple core for extra capacity. Had I known I would have had the original re-cored DOH!:BangHead: I dont figger Ill be parking my car and popping the hood for all the car experts at the burger stand to come by and critique.

I guess some people have different standards than others, even on simple drivers car. No other option, maybe . But would rather have steel pipe between two pieces of hose than that ribbed s##t.

If you were shot- gunning beers through a universal flex hose, you'd never get drunk.

I shouldn't ***** too loud. Bullshit like that earns me money.

If you were shot- gunning beers through a universal flex hose, you'd never get drunk.

I shouldn't ***** too loud. Bullshit like that earns me money.

If you are beer bonging through a radiator hose you have more going on than just buying a cheap hose!!!!

FWIW, when I was younger, we used to make "jungle juice" which was everclear with a fifth of gin and tequila and a bunch of fruit. We used to beer bong that but a few people got very sick so we stopped it before someone got killed.

I still remember my first Ev-buzz. I was almost 19 and a tee-totaller, and while working on a buddys car, with some friends, someone brought me my favorite drink, a lime cool-aid. I think before I got to the bottom of that 10ozer, I was suspecting something was up, but it was a hot day and his underhood was even hotter. Soon, I had another,and soon I was bombed. I hate those guys...lol. They started me on a 21 year learning curve of trying to control the freaking buzz. IIRC there was a lot of puking involved in the beginning, and a couple of lost days.Lost in that, I have no idea what I mightof done during them.I quit that chit in 94.
So what's this got to do with universal rad hoses?
Oh...... nothing.
But this thread has degenerated to.......IDK, so we might as well have some fun reminiscing while we're here.:)

I still remember my first Ev-buzz. I was almost 19 and a tee-totaller, and while working on a buddys car, with some friends, someone brought me my favorite drink, a lime cool-aid. I think before I got to the bottom of that 10ozer, I was suspecting something was up, but it was a hot day and his underhood was even hotter. Soon, I had another,and soon I was bombed. I hate those guys...lol. They started me on a 21 year learning curve of trying to control the freaking buzz. IIRC there was a lot of puking involved in the beginning, and a couple of lost days.Lost in that, I have no idea what I mightof done during them.I quit that chit in 94.
So what's this got to do with universal rad hoses?
Oh...... nothing.
But this thread has degenerated to.......IDK, so we might as well have some fun reminiscing while we're here.:)

This thread went downhill when people started getting uptight about "how it looks" (the universal hose) and "standards" .

This thread went downhill when people started getting uptight about "how it looks" (the universal hose) and "standards" .

well the original question was:

"why so critical of "universal" flex radiator hoses"..

there was numerous opinions listed.. if you didn't want to see the answer why open the thread? don't think anyone got uptight about anything but maybe you. they look stupid and make it look like stuff was short cut along the way. just the way it is.. if you are ok with that look then so be it.. some are not ok with that but i don't see anyone but you uptight.

they are ugly - but if it works and is keeping the "ol' girl" running and on the road - who cares. One of them wouldn't work for me - I want a "clean" look.

-
Back