Wives/Girlfriends = Car Women

How many of you have wives/girlfriends/significant other who works on cars?

• Yup my wife/girlfriend/significant other stands by me and is a willing mechanic.

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • My wife/girlfriend/boyfriend helps now and then.

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Nope I get zero support or help

Votes: 61 42.4%

• Total voters
-
The wife helps me with anything that need help on. she also loves to grab a gear and can out shift some of the guys I know. It is the 3 year old grand daughter that I can't keep out of the garage, she will spend all day in there with me. when I die the Duster is hers to sell for college or drive to college. both my gals love it.

my wife at least recognizes my love of cars and is giving up her stall of the garage so i can have a place to work on my barracuda!!!

My wife is incredible she let me build my engine in the livingroom.

Picture 004.jpg

To each their own is how I look at it. Some women hate it, some love it, and many fill up the gray area in between and at least tolerate it! As long as the support is mutual and it works for the "team", then all's fair in love and war!

Me? I'm not afraid to do it all....Scott eats, sleeps and breaths cars....when he approached me with the concept of opening his own business to work on performance cars, I figured I'd better join in or I'd never see him so it became OUR business. I run the office side of the shop for him so he can do what he loves to do... I also coordinate the fun things like going on trips, going to the drag strip, etc. I wash the cars, tow the cars to the track, drive the cars when necessary, race the cars, change oil if needed, swap parts, and give an extra set of hands when needed. I have LOTS of practice so when it's time for me to help with MY car, I'll at least have a clue.
And my daughter WILL know how to change her own oil, flat tire, etc. I think it is important to know those things whether you're a boy or girl. Plus whether you like cars on a performance level or not, you still have to drive one every day!
Our daughter does enjoy the car thing too. She loves the car shows, at the track she videos all Dad's runs, she helps clean the cars, etc. Since she was two, she has always loved to go for rides with Dad- and so do her friends. One of the hot rods is always getting volunteered as the "limo" for school dances. Last year was our Camaro, this year it will be the 8 second '73 Challenger...the funny part is the girls don't care that they have to climb over the rollcage in their fancy dresses! They plan to wear shorts underneath!

DSC09628.jpg

DSC08716.jpg

Just a minor hijack to welcome Wendy and Scott aboard! I didn't see you when you showed up. Nice to have another motorhead of the female persuasion here. Maybe we can get together on a mutual project some day.

Just a minor hijack to welcome Wendy and Scott aboard! I didn't see you when you showed up. Nice to have another motorhead of the female persuasion here. Maybe we can get together on a mutual project some day.

Thanks cudachick1968!
We've been around a while, just never seems to be enough time to stay on top of all the forums on a regular basis.
I'll definitely keep you in mind...I'm in the process of building my 70 Duster. See here if interested:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=89749

See ya around!

I'm usually a solitary creature when working on the car, rarely venturing beyond my own toolbox for help. My wife does help with stuff like: making sure I don't work myself into a coma ( I'm diabetic and she's a nurse ) by poking her head out into the garage and saying "Are you gonna come in and eat something before you die?", making helpful comments like " you need wider tires on that thing, it looks goofy" :lol: or lovingly calling my car "smurfette" or "the mistress" :angry7:

Seriously though she does help when asked, talks with me about the mods ( talks not just listens blankly ), has been know to do a parts run, bring me a sandwich or beer and is all around awesome ( although the above comments are actual quotes :toothy10: ). She has even been caught identifying old cars while out on the road. She like much older cars than I do but she gets it... She has a hot spot for the late 50's resto-mod vette's. She does say that she would rather I be out in the garage working on something than most other "hobbies" or extracurricular activities.
I don't think I'd have been able to do it without her. :cheers:

i think my girlfriend offered once but that was long time ago. I dont even think she knows i put my motor in and she walks by my car just about every day. I wish she was into cars.

My girlfriend is very supportive. She doesn't know a valve cover from a fender cover but she NEVER has crabbed at me for being in the garage. I am very lucky for that.

Psssssst ... "significant other" and "boyfriend" are words also included in the poll.
Well that's good because my girl friends drives a 81 Dodge truck and has her own tool's :cheers:
Oop's I forgot Treva and my children are active members here :toothy10:

I don't have a significant other or boyfriend either. However, I do have a wonderful husband who lets me park my A-body next to his E-body. haha!

-
Back