Status
Not open for further replies.

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for any original news paper articles, magazines, anything pertaining to the Unabomber. I am don't want to call myself a fan but I am really and always have been really interested in him. Anything from before he was caught all the way through the trial. Thanks guys. He was caught in 96 I believe so if you have stacks of old news papers please check.

That's cool. Next time I will save you the trouble and just put one here. Maybe we need a wanted section for non car related stuff?

That's cool. Next time I will save you the trouble and just put one here. Maybe we need a wanted section for non car related stuff?

yes good call i mean hell we can sell non mopars on here so why not

Old Ted was alittle crazy....

Well it depends on how you look at it. To me he was a genius, he went how many years without even leaving a clue as to who he was. There wasn't a single Gov. agency that had any kind of lead till he sent in his manifesto. And then it was his brother that recognized his writings, not the Federalies. Genius can be used for evil as well as good and this was a prime example.

Being in the military and askin online for unabomber stuff......naw you ain't on any radars. lol

Well it depends on how you look at it. To me he was a genius, he went how many years without even leaving a clue as to who he was. There wasn't a single Gov. agency that had any kind of lead till he sent in his manifesto. And then it was his brother that recognized his writings, not the Federalies. Genius can be used for evil as well as good and this was a prime example.

I almost wrote this last night. I do find it disturbing that you seem so interested in this guy.

He was NUTS. He was a MURDERER. He was a CRIMINAL.

He HURT and KILLED people (He's credited with killing 3 and injuring more than 20)

He may have been a genius in some meaning of the word, but to me he is no different than people like the terrorists of late.

People like him do not deserve a second glance, other than to develop ways of catching others just like 'em.

studying and learning from a genius, even an evil criminal genius, is not a bad thing
it is only bad when someone crosses the line and starts to follow or worship the evil criminal mind

Being in the military and askin online for unabomber stuff......naw you ain't on any radars. lol

Being who I am and what I do for a living puts me a every watch list out there.

ya this is a bit strange

Not really it is American history and I am facsinated by it.

I almost wrote this last night. I do find it disturbing that you seem so interested in this guy.

He was NUTS. He was a MURDERER. He was a CRIMINAL.

He HURT and KILLED people (He's credited with killing 3 and injuring more than 20)

He may have been a genius in some meaning of the word, but to me he is no different than people like the terrorists of late.

People like him do not deserve a second glance, other than to develop ways of catching others just like 'em.

I am like him, in more ways then you know. I have the skills and training to do and build everything he has built. I have made explosives and built IED's. That's what I do. I am in the Army but I work for a few other agencies as well. This stuff is only for me to learn more.

studying and learning from a genius, even an evil criminal genius, is not a bad thing
it is only bad when someone crosses the line and starts to follow or worship the evil criminal mind

That's right. I have no intentions of crossing a line. If we were fighting a war on our soil you would definitely want me on your team. I am looking only to better myself as a Bomb Tech, what better way then to learn from the people who have actually commited the crimes. I don't condone anything he did, I don't even believe in any of the same ideals as him. He was caught and the people that had to clear his little shack of explosives were military fellas. They were Army EOD techs, just like me. That's why I am so intrigued by him, it's ths connection with my career field that draws me to this topic.

NPR played the interview with his brother a few months ago. Fascinating.
I missed the end so went looking and found it online for a fee. I didn't buy it. Maybe you've got it already. If not I could find it again.

Understandable that people want reassurance you do not sympathize in any way with Ted. I think you made that clear.

I presume you do not sympathize in any way with Ted's actions?[/QUOTE]

Correct. I do not agree with anything he did. However, we are alike in many ways. I too have built explosive devices and even made homemade explosives themselves. I can make them from stuff you can buy at Walmart.

I presume you do not sympathize in any way with Ted's actions?

Correct. I do not agree with anything he did. However, we are alike in many ways. I too have built explosive devices and even made homemade explosives themselves. I can make them from stuff you can buy at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

You quoted me before my edit. Sorry I hadn't read your prior post carefully.

I presume you do not sympathize in any way with Ted's actions?

Correct. I do not agree with anything he did. However, we are alike in many ways. I too have built explosive devices and even made homemade explosives themselves. I can make them from stuff you can buy at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Now there you're right. We're all about on the edge of bein a few bricks shy of a load. Any of us can slip off that edge at any time.

Studying someone doesn't mean you share their beliefs. For example, many have studied Hitler without sharing his beliefs.

Studying someone doesn't mean you share their beliefs. For example, many have studied Hitler without sharing his beliefs.

Bingo! I am just trying to learn from his mistakes. Not the ones that got him caught but the ones that caused him to snap. If we don't learn from our past our future will inevitably be the same. If noone tries to learn from this when not if it happens again who will be there to stop it and hand out justice. I won't always be Army, someday I will work for another agency doing just this preventing needless deaths.

Well to tell the truth i was little ify when u 1st posted .. I was like hes nuts lol but now that i know u are just trying to help save lives then that make me fell better lol .. Ihave nothing to help ya but if i run onto some thing i will get with ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back