Your "never sell" parts.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Okay guys,

I have seen it before a hundred times.

You go over to that buddies or aquaintance's house to check out a new project and while shooting the breeze he shows you this stash of hard to find parts, or oddball miscellaneous pieces that he has but refuses to let go for some sentimental or just plain (mental) reason.

You know, and he admits, he will never need or use them but still refuses to hear any reasonable offer for any of it.

Oh, and don't get me started on cars that will sit forever until they rot because they are gonna "restore them someday" yeah right.

Okay, fess up, what are you hoarding but for some reason refuse to get rid of it because your Obsessive-Compulsive behavior will not let you part from it?

Come on, don't be a wussy.

I will start.

I have the original radiator from my 273 67, barracuda, and a 1970, 360 motor that I just refuse to part with, plus a few other odds and ends that I have no idea why I am holding onto them, but something keeps telling me I may need them some day.

I may see a request from someone looking for it, but I just ignore it in a sick kinda selfish way knowing darn well, I could make this guy's day but I refuse to step up.

Is there a name for this rediculous behavior?

I know I have some crap that I could not give away like the original 273 low performance exhaust manifolds, but I still refuse to put them up because I really don't feel like going through the hassle of shipping them in case someone really wanted them on the next coast. LOL.

I guess I need to clean out my garage, catalog all the extra crap I have and just post it up and see if anyone wants it huh?

Then I can sit back and wonder why I wasted my time because I'm not getting any interested parties, and I can then see why I should have kept my big mouth shut in the first place right?......right.

Okay, I'm gonna go drink a cup of redneck prozac now........Folgers.LOL.

have you seen the tv show Hoarders?? just kidding. we all do it to a point. my wife is one of those who discards pretty much everything...but.....i have a 360 out of a little red express, or so i was told. been kicking around now for 10 years or so. had it lined up to sell, told her and her comment was, i might want to put it in my Valiant. I explained the crate motor thing to her blah bla blah. well, it is sitting in the back of my f150. speaking of which, had this lined up to get rid of also, guess who stopped that one also. i did manage to finally rid myself of several boxes of Ford Ranger stuff, parts from a project that just kind of went away. when i was leaving az, my fellow gearhead neighbor was not home, so i dropped the boxes in his driveway just before leaving. course, when i went to visit him guess what he had waiting for me?? but i "forgot" them again.....

that is the way she is, except for the car stuff for some reason.....

2 sets of w5 heads...
6 sets of w2 heads...and several set of rockers/shafts...

My collection that's worth anything are 1 set of 906 heads, 1 set of 452 heads, 1-187 pan, 1-750 demon vac. sec. carb, 1-71 demon/dart solid hood, 2 flip out demon windows, working 727 tranny, 2-440 forged cranks and 1-400 cast crank, 2-400 blocks, 1-B and 1-BB MP distributors, 1 Weiand single plane B intake, 1-BB Edelbrock dual 4 manifold. I'm sure I'm missing something and no I don't let my wife into the garage for to long to see my collection. :toothy10:

Terry

Just a few........:toothy10:

Picture 150.jpg

Picture 899.jpg

Picture 659.jpg

The N.O.S. Hurst Competition Plus shifter that I bought on Ebay a few years back. I paid over $400 for it; it's for a console setup '66 and up A-body.......oooohh, it came in a yellowed old rickety cardboard Hurst package with every last nut, screw, clip, aluminum adapter, rods etc......AND a Hurst jacket patch inside too! (Well, I actually mounted it in my car already.....so maybe I cheated by posting this.)

I've got 273 adjustable rockers, forged cranks, 440 blocks, 906 heads, 452 heads, 587 heads, big block bellhousing, but I don't consider these any kind of "gold"........but......I do have a 9.5 to 1 rebuilt Mopar Performance LA 360 in the crate and a 273 Commando 904 trans (what I call a 'high upshift' automatic) that I definitely WOULDN'T part with.

Complete drum to drum 3.23 sure grip for an A body
1971 360 complete
2 1970-1971 340 air cleaners
6 large bolt pattern complete A body front disc setups including V8 K members
2 Tuff wheels with adaptors
2 1971 340 K members ( with the washer )
1 1969 340 short block
1 1970 340 short block
1 1971 340 short block
Several floor shift columns (both manual and Power steering)
4 clutch type 742 Sure grip 8 3/4 chunks
4 pair of J heads
1 pair of NOS sharktooth signal lenses
AM/FM A body radio ( I tried but......oh well)
3 sets of 273 adj. rockers
numerous A body seat tracks and buckets
....... I could go on and on

One reason I hold onto this stuff is for shipping reasons another is these parts cost me money, so why "give" them away? and also out of spite for all the non cross border sellers:thebirdm: (just kidding.........sort of):angry7:

I guess like they say.......NEVER SAY NEVER:-k but for now it's NEVER

i have a spare rear bumper that i wont get rid of. and i want to keep my original steering wheel. oh and i have the original spare tire from my 65 barracuda, small bolt pattern. which doesnt fit anything i own, but its cool because its in great shape. maybe if i had a cross ram laying around i would keep it too but unfortunatley i dont have enough money or space to keep stuff around so im pretty good at cleaning out parts i dont need. my dad on the other hand has a basement full of stuff plus 8 cars.
66 fury
69 fury
72 charger
72 dart
68 camaro
73 monte carlo w/20k original miles( it was my grandmas)
67 chevy stepside
76 chevy stepside
way to many projects for me, its expensive enough to do one at a time.

Mine include a complete '69 standard bore 340-6 whose casting numbers don't show up on any list I've ever seen. All I can think is that it was a dealer crate motor or some kind of high nickel block. Though times have been VERY hard since Hurricane Katrina took most everything else I had, I might be inclined to sell it some day but it would have to be a crack-induced offer to convince me.

I'm not gonna go into details about the 8 3/4 stash. :-D

i have a set of 4 1/2x5 pattern rallye wheels with brand new tires and center caps that i can't seem to part with even though i know for fact they do not fit the bcuda

Hey, 66340sedan. I have a pair of those wheels in your pic (ones w/out tires). What are they. The caps say Cragar GT, right? Mine don't have caps. If you'd like to make set of four, PM me.

This is my worst list and believe me I have many.

I sold my 1927 Buick about 6 years ago but I kept the following parts just in case I MIGHT buy it back someday.

NOS 3 peice spark plugs marked with the letter "C" and "AC" only. I have 20 of them.
NOS distributor caps x2.
NOS camshaft timing gear x1.
NOS points x??.
NOS Shurhit 3 peice spark plugs x6 I think.
NOS starter brushes and generator brushes x??
NOS copper and asbestos head gasket x 2.
Used Carbs x2 or 3.
Mint used speedometer x1.
Used dist. x1.

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head but there is more than this.
OH, I forgot about all the fenders, doors and wheels for that car too.

I am keeping a decent set of 1969 Barracuda tail lights and trim panel and I don't even like 1969 Barracudas well enough to buy one. I personally dislike the front ends they used in 1969.

I collected this stuff so I would have spares and or enough engines that I like to last my lifetime.

3 340's complete, 2 running
2 sets of 69-70 340 exhaust manifolds
Rebuilt a body 4 spd
A body 8 3/4 complete
2 Ld 340 intakes
1 RPM intake
2 holley 750 vac secodarys
2 340 steel cranks
1 shot peened 340 cast crank w/ correct balancer
clifford alum 4 barrel intake
2 brl iron slant intake
1 holley 350 cfm carb
1 73 400 std bore [cherry no ridge] low deck
1 pair of big block 1967 915 big exhaust valve 440 heads
1 Pair of 906 heads
1 440 motor home peanut block
7 904 transmissions
2 hurst shifters
1 inland shifter
1 set of 974 360 heads
1 set 318 heads
4 centerline drag wheels/skinnys w/MT slicks
Extra msd box
A few 360/340 rod sets
3 sets of TRW .030 10.5 forgies
1 set of diamond 11.5 pistons hung on 340 rods
1 preditor carb, cool piece!
1 weiand low deck single plane intake
A few set of different comp cams double spring sets
Clutch forks a plenty
4 spd side covers
v8 a body K memeber
2 727's
4 piston disc set up
big bolt a body brake set up w/arms
Distributors o plenty-point,dual point,elect, accell, mopar, mallory
odds and ends galore......

Thats all I can remember, every time I go into that lil shop I find more stuff I forgot about.
Check my photo album, you'll see why if I forget anything.
I couldn't find sht for sooooo loooooong....so when I did, I bought it and don't plan on letting any of go without a fight.

so anybody wanna sell some of that stuff LOL:mrgreen::toothy7:

Mine include a complete '69 standard bore 340-6 whose casting numbers don't show up on any list I've ever seen. All I can think is that it was a dealer crate motor or some kind of high nickel block. Though times have been VERY hard since Hurricane Katrina took most everything else I had, I might be inclined to sell it some day but it would have to be a crack-induced offer to convince me.

I'm not gonna go into details about the 8 3/4 stash. :-D

Instead of a crack induced offer, how about negotiating under a tin roof in a heavy rainstorm? LOL.
You know you will never live this down right?

I have a few things, mostly aspen/volare stuff that I "might need" even though I have 3 sets of them.

And I thought I had a stash!! Mine can't begin to compare with some of the juicy stuff you dudes have! Now I'm to timid to post my list! LOL

a body 8 3/4, a bunch of slot mags, a set of centerline convopro 15's in 5 on 4 inch bolt pattern.. and a 67 440...

I am not even going to attempt listing all of my "hoarder-induced" parts. The one that I have ben holding onto forever was my SB crossram and that is finally going on one of the new 408s. Otherwise, I am in clean-up mode and hence my "Garage Sale" thread. I am only keeping parts for the cars that I currently own and may need during their restorations.

I am not even going to attempt listing all of my "hoarder-induced" parts. The one that I have ben holding onto forever was my SB crossram and that is finally going on one of the new 408s. Otherwise, I am in clean-up mode and hence my "Garage Sale" thread. I am only keeping parts for the cars that I currently own and may need during their restorations.

Dude, make sure to keep us posted with some eye candy from the STR-12 crossram build.

Probably have to say my wheels. A pair of magnesium Torq Thrusts, full set of big & little Cragars and 12 Keystones.

Wheels 003.jpg

001.jpg

-
Back