10's on $5,000 ?

-
50 year old brake hoses make me nervous. lol and that's if the rest of the brake system is up to snuff.
I've had my share of eventful brake issues at speed.

50 year old brake hoses make me nervous. lol and that's if the rest of the brake system is up to snuff.
I've had my share of eventful brake issues at speed.
Brake hoses get replaced. Oh, my track has sand dooms at the end that eventually lead to a corn field, we should be good :D

I like the way you think!^^^ Oh, and keep the padded steering wheel lol

What camshaft do you have swirling around in your head, intake ?
I thought you said a low comp 440 is a possible short block.

Here is my 10.90 engine combo. 76 440 bored .030 trw six pack pistons, comp cams 306 .555 solid, stock rods with arp bolts, no resize, stock cast crank in good shape, 915 heads 2.14 1.81 valves, home ported, wieand x celorator, 850dp, no balance. Shifted at 6000. Engine ran for 11 years of bracket racing. Pulled it for new engine. Sits in the corner for my back up motor.

There is a Chrysler power from the mid nineties with a labor intensive 451 build that involves a cast 440 crank, 400 rods, and .060 over badger cast low compression pistons. The tops of the pistons were milled, the crank throws had a 45 degree chamfer on the edge and the bottom of the crank throws were milled flat opposite of the rod journals for piston skirt clearance. The way it worked out everything came in balance with the 440 cast crank damper and the scallop cut B&M flexplate. I’m sure there were some other details I’m forgetting but they were using iron heads and an edelbrock ch28b dual four manifold. Everything done at home on a Smithy unit except for crank grinding and radius chamfer. Dodge diplomat police car. If you can find it, definitely a good read.

Here is my 10.90 engine combo. 76 440 bored .030 trw six pack pistons, comp cams 306 .555 solid, stock rods with arp bolts, no resize, stock cast crank in good shape, 915 heads 2.14 1.81 valves, home ported, wieand x celorator, 850dp, no balance. Shifted at 6000. Engine ran for 11 years of bracket racing. Pulled it for new engine. Sits in the corner for my back up motor.
With just a fordge crank and the old mopar 590 cam your combo could be a thumper.

-
Back