1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-
Flat hood, or Power Bulge?

Was going to use a flat but the carb sits to high even using a short Torker intake and no spacer. I’m either going to put a Hemi hood on or rip the front end out and put a HDK in it. I do not like taking stuff back apart and I’m not really happy about this situation.

I still cant believe the amount of work Jason has gotten done on his Dart. Keep in mind he has done 99% of the work on his own and hasn't even had the car for a full year! Doing all this while being a good family man and running his business! The build quality is top notch I cant wait to see the Dart thumping around in the spring!

I am using the same engine platform, that's why I asked. I will be going to FI and am hoping to get it under a power bulge. Can not stand a scoop on a street car!

I test fit a hemi hood today and I didn't think it flowed with how I've got the car laid out. So I put the stock hood back on and I think I have found a air cleaner setup that will clear everything so I ordered it. Its a jegs 555-500054 in case you need to know. I will report fitment when I get it.

Installed the new taillight harness, all interior trim pieces and cleaned up the seatbelts and installed the rears.

I planned on buying new black seatbelts but that’s not in the budget right now.

Looks the the Jegs air cleaner I mention above cleared perfectly so I can retain the flat hood. It’s as tight as you can get without the hood actually resting on it.

058AD985-71AF-49B1-B942-B73611F98E8E.jpeg

75548BFC-C0FD-4792-A987-7074565C477E.jpeg

4F815683-BEB0-4A7F-ABB6-383235D4A044.jpeg

612C00E2-BE42-4DCE-967E-3FC5CA2E40EB.jpeg

I've read and heard that some guys have used Kiwi black shoe polish to dye the webbing black.

Riddler

Sorry just wanted to make sure that you are talking about the seatbelts? If so, I appreciate your input however I dye fabric and plastic for a living and in my opinion I wouldn’t recommend doing it on the seatbelts. Not sire it’d work well and wouldn’t want to mess up or risk harming the material which might cause it to break down over time.

Thank you

The car is coming together nicely! I kinda like the green belts on the black seat! :lol:

When you did the mini tubs did you have to relocate the outer seatbelt bolt down brackets under the car? I finally got my 69 Dart in the rotisserie this past week and noticed they may need to be relocated to do a mini tub. If you have any pictures of what you did would be great! I looked back through your entire thread hoping to see a picture of te area but didn’t see one.

The car is coming together nicely! I kinda like the green belts on the black seat! :lol:

When you did the mini tubs did you have to relocate the outer seatbelt bolt down brackets under the car? I finally got my 69 Dart in the rotisserie this past week and noticed they may need to be relocated to do a mini tub. If you have any pictures of what you did would be great! I looked back through your entire thread hoping to see a picture of te area but didn’t see one.

I actually like the green too. It kind of breaks up all the darkness inside the car. Thank you!

Yes i did relocate them and I sit them on the frame rails so I’d have something nice and solid to weld to. I’ll dig through photos and see if I can find some.

Jason

Started on my car a year ago today! So glad I jumped over to the mopar family! Car was a fully loaded slant six. I replaced the frame rails and everything else except for the hood, doors and trunk. It has a control freaks IRS, minitubbed with caltracs relocated and powered by a mild 440 and is now a 4 speed with a 3.23 sure grip 8-3/4. The car is a gas tank and radiator away from running!!

359B7947-5885-44E4-BD82-0E2B0100DDC5.jpeg

Holy crap....just finished page one....AWESOME WORK!
Going back now to finish reading the rest of this thread. .....

Jeff

Looks great Jason! I wish I had half of your motivation. I'll be seeing you at some shows this spring for sure.

Beautiful Car and great work man. I just read thru the whole thread. I dig it. I've just recently picked up a 1969 Dart GT, it'll be on hold for a while tho as I'm going to be deploying in a few weeks. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Beautiful Car and great work man. I just read thru the whole thread. I dig it. I've just recently picked up a 1969 Dart GT, it'll be on hold for a while tho as I'm going to be deploying in a few weeks. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Thank you and good luck on your endeavors!!

better get going....it needs to be tent ready by August

-
Back