1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-
Awesome build. It took me 10 years to get where I am and still not finished...

Thank you! As I’ve mentioned before it’s not perfect but I’m happy with how it’s turning out and I plan on driving it every chance I get!

No cooling problems here.....what thermostat are you running?...it is the only thing that will hold the heat in your motor.

On many with the same combo, a 180 is the choice, your temp guage will normally sit on the first bar to the left.

No cooling problems here.....what thermostat are you running?...it is the only thing that will hold the heat in your motor.

On many with the same combo, a 180 is the choice, your temp guage will normally sit on the first bar to the left.

I’ve got a 180 in it with the griffin radiator/shroud/1718 aluminum fan you recommended.

Put the grill and turn indicators on today as well as the radiator hoses. I tested the blower motor, starter, dome lights and horn today and everything works properly and the engine spins over great.

Hoping the ignition system and gas tank is here next week!

D8CC4532-841F-41E3-A901-60B34AF492F9.jpeg

EAEFCDAD-FDD5-4FE6-A61F-2DBCAFB92A9A.jpeg

You probably just have not done it yet, but you might consider trimming / shortening both the ends of the upper hose to improve the fit.....helps a B body hose work in an A body better.

Looks"factory".....really better than factory!

Merry Christmas!
Denny

You probably just have not done it yet, but you might consider trimming / shortening both the ends of the upper hose to improve the fit.....helps a B body hose work in an A body better.

Looks"factory".....really better than factory!

Merry Christmas!
Denny

I have trimmed it some in both ends but I know I need to take more off the radiator end.

Merry Christmas Denny!!

-Jason

Got the FBO ignition installed and started it for about 10 seconds (engine has already been broken in). It’s suppose to be warmer this weekend so I’ll get it outside, set the timing and adjust the carb and get a video.

077234D7-17A4-4623-B331-FBF21149A0DD.jpeg

Stumbled on to your build while looking for info on mine and WOW! After reading I felt inspired and completly incompetent with my time management. Big fan of the green. Hope to run into you at a show this summer and see this great car.

Crooks has it running now I'm sure he will post a video soon. I stopped by last week to hear it run and it sounds great! abodyjim cool Duster! I know Jason plans on having his Dart at the HPAC car show June 9th and 10th at Bass Pro in Olathe.

Stumbled on to your build while looking for info on mine and WOW! After reading I felt inspired and completly incompetent with my time management. Big fan of the green. Hope to run into you at a show this summer and see this great car.

Thank you! I’ve neglected my family on this build but my son was 4 so I wanted to knock it out so it’ll be done and we can start making memories.

Thank you! I’ve neglected my family on this build but my son was 4 so I wanted to knock it out so it’ll be done and we can start making memories.
Easier said then done but you did it. I tried it but got caught up in that snowball effect. If that thing can handle some highway driving there's a group that does a road trip every year that will help with those memories.

Crooks has it running now I'm sure he will post a video soon. I stopped by last week to hear it run and it sounds great! abodyjim cool Duster! I know Jason plans on having his Dart at the HPAC car show June 9th and 10th at Bass Pro in Olathe.
Sweet, I go to that show every year. I'll be on the look out for you guys. Is your duster together and done?

Cool see you there then. I'm still working on the Duster... Lol seems like I get 1/100th the amount of work done on it vs Crooks and his Dart!

Last edited:
Not much of an update but it is running and I actually backed it out of the garage and pulled it back in! I got the mooneye oil press and temp gauges finished up today, fixed the left turn indicator bulb on the cluster, installed the bumper jack and lug wrench. Planning on beginning the sanding and polishing next Sunday. Really all I have left to purchase is the bumpers, side markers and headlight bezels. Oh... and do the exhaust

Anything happening to this beautiful BEAST? you have made me like this color more and more every time I see yours. I have a 73 this color unfortunately triple Top, Car and inside LOL

I’ve just been wetsanding and polishing the last few weekends. Hoping to have that done this Sunday. Still need bumpers and tail lights.

06C4BD63-04EA-42B7-9FA7-A0758EA6BEB4.jpeg

4C2F5E8C-D715-41B9-9EB3-F9323C052A50.jpeg

Well I finally got to take it for a spin! The 440 really surprised me when I put the hammer down. Cars flat moves out! I’ve got a few small thing to button up but it should be “done” by Sunday. I can point out things I’m not happy with but I just want to enjoy it and not freak out about everything. Biggest disappointment is my window guy put the seals in and didn’t get it in to where it’d line up with the trim good. He’s blaming the seal but it’ll work for now. I’d like to fix that later. I’ve worked hard on it so I’m going to enjoy it for awhile before i worry about the flaws.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, support and advice!

9E1ED3E9-5879-47F0-8FF7-9C51431FC746.jpeg

5B89FDB8-BECA-49CB-8B34-0CD7C33D0CAB.jpeg

5FAB6C4D-F8CE-4E11-A937-3B9DEECF4881.jpeg

A4EDBFE3-1A1B-486A-AFCC-7BD05AE46A5F.jpeg

Damn impressive! A full blown restoration in a year. This should be a sticky..."how to build an abody from A-Z". I actually use this tread to see sections of the car ripped apart when I'm too lazy to walk 70' to the shop. LOL

Congrats

@CrOoKs - That's a damn good looking car! I like the "Custom" rear stripe! Its a nice touch! Great work for a turn around in a year. I've had my Dart Custom for almost 18 years and mine just got put on a rotisserie.

By the way, since you built it you will always know the flaws, but not everyone will notice them!

For example, almost everything I've built (woodwork related) people say "great job", "looks great", or "looks like a pro did it", but I still know there are flaws. I would point them out and the person would say "I didn't noticed it until you told me".

Great work again man! :thumbsup: Just enjoy it with your family and have fun this summer!

-
Back