2010 mustang goes 8.97@153..

-
I do love my Mopars but I like other cars too. The Shelby and the SRT were almost exactly the same price brand new each with 20 miles. The Shelby has the SRT beat hands down in power and the price to make lots more reliably. The Challenger has the Shelby beat in comfort and luxury. People actually stop what they are doing to stare and take pictures of the Challenger.

This thread is intense. Aparently right when you get this SCJ from ford you can count on mid to low 11's so IDK what all the commotion is about this car going 8.97, it's just like any other modified 8sec car only this one is newer and has an entire staff of professionals working on it spending God knows how much time, money and resources. Dude a few blocks away has a mid 8 BBC Nova he drives around town reliably and IMO it looks a hell of a lot better than this crustang. So maybe I'm missing the point here IDK someone help me out, I mean maybe if one of the Tasca guys was driving this thing around town and back and forth to work in it then yeah, pretty sweet, but a gazillion dollar track only car built by a bunch of geniuses with unlimited resources, not really floating my boat sailors.

This thread is intense. Aparently right when you get this SCJ from ford you can count on mid to low 11's so IDK what all the commotion is about this car going 8.97, it's just like any other modified 8sec car only this one is newer and has an entire staff of professionals working on it spending God knows how much time, money and resources. Dude a few blocks away has a mid 8 BBC Nova he drives around town reliably and IMO it looks a hell of a lot better than this crustang. So maybe I'm missing the point here IDK someone help me out, I mean maybe if one of the Tasca guys was driving this thing around town and back and forth to work in it then yeah, pretty sweet, but a gazillion dollar track only car built by a bunch of geniuses with unlimited resources, not really floating my boat sailors.[/QUO

I couldn't have said it any better.

Had a really long response but decided not to post because I really get tired of being called names when they really cannot support what they say. No matter.

crustang ? Buddy, if you think only mustangs rust you are living in a very deluded paradigm..come up here and look at the rusty MOPARS..that is how my friends 69 Charger RT died and he didn't drive it in the winter.

Cheers
Ian.

People actually stop what they are doing to stare and take pictures of the Challenger.

They do that with my 'stang...it is different from the crowd. And if I really wanted a crowd that asked questions and was told stories everywhere I went, I would drive my '59 Vauxhall 4 door ..go figure, it isn't all about the flash and muscle. I was even called up and given heck when I didn't show up to a car show/the Vauxhall. Weird.

Give it time when enough people want to buy the challenger, then people will stop asking..there are not many down here..

Ian.

Hey, I agree that the Nova is a better looking car that the Challenger...but most cars are.

I dislike it when I guy totally restores or makes even better by sending it out everywhere and their only contribution to the auto is writing checks..that is easy if you have big $. The trophies, etc should go to the rebuliders..

Seems like that type of car is the only one in mags and on tv..personally, I am thrilled when some dude shows me a car that he did all him/her self and just rec'ed help from time to time.

Cheers
ian.

This thread is intense. Aparently right when you get this SCJ from ford you can count on mid to low 11's so IDK what all the commotion is about this car going 8.97, it's just like any other modified 8sec car only this one is newer and has an entire staff of professionals working on it spending God knows how much time, money and resources. Dude a few blocks away has a mid 8 BBC Nova he drives around town reliably and IMO it looks a hell of a lot better than this crustang. So maybe I'm missing the point here IDK someone help me out, I mean maybe if one of the Tasca guys was driving this thing around town and back and forth to work in it then yeah, pretty sweet, but a gazillion dollar track only car built by a bunch of geniuses with unlimited resources, not really floating my boat sailors.

Whats the point of this thread? Stroked340 likes to argue. Simple as that:toothy10:

But ya you are right. Its a race car. All it takes is money.

Whats the point of this thread? Stroked340 likes to argue. Simple as that:toothy10:

But ya you are right. Its a race car. All it takes is money.

I think he got kicked off from Moparts for talking out his a$$ a while back. If he is who I think he is, most people don't respect him much. Don't know why people would stop to take pictures of a Mustang, nothing rare there. As far as the Nova being a better looking car than the Challenger, then I would assume he lives in a "Manufactured" home, as that is where most Novas and a lot of Mustangs reside, leaned up against the trailer. But, I digress.

the trash can comment was on the mark...and the supercharger....and the 40 years to supercharge a car to go almost as quick and fast as a 68 ss dart! lol

does everyone remember the 70's when ford was installing black coffee cans under the hood....good stuff!

and I'm sure that tasca did nothing to it but check the oil...it just keeps going faster as it gets broken in! lol
ya make it sound like a daily driver....:wack:

http://jalopnik.com/5395674/2010-cobra-jet-mustang-fords-new-turnkey-drag-racer

like I said! that thing aint no typical street mustang, stroked 302, please go buy one but keep in mind that they don't come with a trailer and you cant drive it on the street legally.
stop acting like this thing is "stock" lol

and I do remember the Ford ziplock bag! yup! now thats funny! most companies put their parts IN a bag! lol

This a real street car that weighs A LOT!!! It's a wagon! lol
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60qdn7OAgB0&feature=related"]YouTube- Another 3rd Gen Hemi LX WORLD RECORD 9.69 1/4[/ame]

like I said! that thing aint no typical street mustang, stroked 302, please go buy one but keep in mind that they don't come with a trailer and you cant drive it on the street legally.

and I do remember the Ford ziplock bag! yup! now thats funny! most companies put their parts IN a bag! lol
everytime i look under the hood of my old fairlane i can't help but laugh at the douchebag, and the lack of any sort of coolant overflow bottle. damn car was like an old Harley, marking its territory by leaking....

lol
heres a nice new challenger!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBBrdZzxzz8&NR=1"]YouTube- CULT Energy Challenger[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCA0SZubPp8&NR=1"]YouTube- CULT ENERGY CHALLENGER!!![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIUKi8SNCGw&NR=1"]YouTube- Twin supercharged 440 stroker dodge challenger srt[/ame]

wheres that tasca ford trash can?

I think he got kicked off from Moparts for talking out his a$$ a while back. If he is who I think he is, most people don't respect him much. Don't know why people would stop to take pictures of a Mustang, nothing rare there. As far as the Nova being a better looking car than the Challenger, then I would assume he lives in a "Manufactured" home, as that is where most Novas and a lot of Mustangs reside, leaned up against the trailer. But, I digress.

He got kicked off of here too but he just rejoind again and no one kicked him back off:angry7:

Never said it was STOCK!!!..I said it was a FACTORY available stang',one that can be bought from the factory..i see some have their "panties" all up in a wad..sorry,i like ALL fast cars not just Mopars...

He got kicked off of here too but he just rejoind again and no one kicked him back off:angry7:

Quite a few people have been kicked off moparts..that site deffinately has a serious problem with its mods. no big deal this site blows it away..as for me not being kicked off,theres quite a few here that should be joining me if that happens..:-D:-D

does everyone remember the 70's when ford was installing black coffee cans under the hood....good stuff!

What a hoot..don't remember that but do remember the soda bottles in the doors...

..and my Vauxhall (sold through Pontiac High Performance division)..I though when I first opened the bonnet that someone had stuck a glass mayonnaise jar to catch the fluid...found out it was OEM !

Ian.

-
Back