2010 mustang goes 8.97@153..

-
I have to agree with stroked on this one, you can poke all you want at me, don't care, I don't like mustangs, but that is impressive for what it is, i personally don't care for the newer camaros style, the challenger is much nicer, i've had more negative responces & self senteredness from mopar guys at the local tracks then chevy/ford guys, most all my complaments about any mopar i own are from the other guys, not mopar guys, i find that sad, if theres a slower mopar at the track then mine on race day, they stick there noise up, the chevy guys pay me complaments, so you can guess where my mopar is parked!!! 8). Let the hate begin LOL.

That fast Mustywang is butt fugly. I'll take a new Challenger. Make it Pink or plum Crazy. Much better looking machine, don't you agree stroked 340?? :poke:

Wylde1.

I'll take a stang over the challenger any day..........

That fast Mustywang is butt fugly. I'll take a new Challenger. Make it Pink or plum Crazy. Much better looking machine, don't you agree stroked 340?? :poke:

Wylde1.

you think?? i'm the complete opposite. i think that challenger is too fat and flat looking. the ugliest out of the three in my opinion.

we wish you could too.;)

it's only been 40 yrs since the hemi dart days, glad they finally caught up.=D>

Ya gotta love it when guy'z' on mopar only web sites and wanna brag about fords or chevys that happen to run fast, it cracks me up!:toothy10:

don't tell me...factory eddelbrock heads right?
hell yes tell it like it is mopars rule it needed to be said

you think?? i'm the complete opposite. i think that challenger is too fat and flat looking. the ugliest out of the three in my opinion.

It depends on the colour. It's almost like an optical illusion. When I first saw the Orange Challengers, they definitely looked "fat and flat" and I did say, "ugh" more than a few times. The Black or Red Challengers don't look "fat and flat". They look much more proportioned to me. I haven't seen the Plum or Pink Challengers in "the flesh" so I am reserving my judgement until then. But I still want one!!!

Wylde1.

Take off the rose colored glasses people,you mopar or no car guys make me laugh, running in the 8's with a car built and sold through Ford or any other manufactuer is VERY IMPRESSIVE..say what you want but i'd own one in a heartbeat if i could afford it..p.s. that's faster then the hemi darts/cudas ran from the factory..

But that car that ran 8's is no where near how Ford delivers it. The top engine option in the 10 Cobra Jet is a 475 HP 5.4l aluminum block engine and that won't get you into the 8's, maybe high 10's. The base engine for the car is a 425 HP iron block supercharged 5.4 with some naturally aspirated options too.

Ford with the Cobra Jet and Mopar with the Drag Pak (and I would have to believe Chevy can't be far behind) are selling a basis for building a car to run in many different classes and the power plant will be modified by the owner to suit the class.

I think you should take off the rose colored glasses if you really believe that car ran 8.97 sec right off the truck from Ford. Knowing Tasca's history nothing they are associated with is stock. They were the ones that forced Ford to release the original 428 Cobra Jet back in 68 when they kept getting their butts spanked at the strip and started putting 428's into cars at the dealership.

no doubt the Mustang was only a 10 second car, but it took only a couple of years to get it into the 8's, what did it take the Hemi Darts/Cudas, close to 40? and you can't tell me that the Hemi that powered that car is "stock". it may fit the definition of it by NHRA rules, but it is in no way the same motor it rolled with in 68. it is not the manufacturer that impresses me, but how quickly it developed. i would not have cared if it was a frigging Nash, it is still impressive that they were able to get the car into the 8's this quickly. when the Challenger runs down into the 8's it will be equally as impressive, to me at least. i find this impressive also [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkEviShBUw"]YouTube- tbolt world record[/ame] not so much the et, but the way it left. that car does not have tubs in it, i would need to check my Fairlane but I think there is only room for maybe 10" of tire. for it to launch like that on that small of a tire, to me, is incredible. but then again, I don't mind looking outside the Mopar box:toothy10::toothy10:

..the 2005 and up is the only convert that has a 5 star rating..

I am impressed that you can buy a new one at 22K and up..this allows more folks to get a muscle car..and with a few kits..then they can make it look like one of the fast cars..or if you have the $s..you can buy a very fast one from Ford..

I really didn't like ford..never had one before..but I am impressed with the quality..

No matter..opinions are like people..there are lots of them around..

cheers..this thread is fun to watch..
Ian

How can you compare a super charged car with a naturally aspirated engine??
One has a power add on and the other does not.
If they put a super charger on a super stock hemi car that run's 8.29 at 160.08 = how fast would it go.
This is also a car that is being limited by nhra rules to start with.

The ford is running great, and if you can go buy it and it will run in the eight second range, then they will have made the fastest factory producer car ever.

Fear not though,in the past chrysler has always had the best last round in any fight and the fight has just started.

You can bet your money on this going into the seven second range and in the end I DARE SAY that someone will hit the SIX SECOND MARK with a super charged FACTORY car.
It will take a few years but mark my words
T67POWER :evil3:
p.s. This is the reason i loved mopar and they will not let you down.

((((((( CHRYSLER IS THE CRAZIEST KID ON THE BLOCK ))))))
(((((( ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ))))))

Liked the look of the new Challenger enough that I did buy one, in red. Couldn't justify the cost of a Hemi, but I'm thinkin' it'll get one installed, when it becomes my next Racer.
To me, 8's in a car, w/doors is fast and the brand don't matter. Ford has done this one right and listened to several hundred racers when they put the current package together.
Mopars are way behind for bragging rights, with the new tech mucslecars and it looks to me, like GM has some work to do also.

Tasca Ford had their 2010 factory race cobra jet mustang at the n.e. dragway yesterday and went 8.97@ 153 mph...looks like the challenger has its work cut out for it...
It's amazing how fast Americans can go....when they're NOT OWNED by the Federal Government !!!

no doubt the Mustang was only a 10 second car, but it took only a couple of years to get it into the 8's, what did it take the Hemi Darts/Cudas, close to 40? and you can't tell me that the Hemi that powered that car is "stock". it may fit the definition of it by NHRA rules, but it is in no way the same motor it rolled with in 68. it is not the manufacturer that impresses me, but how quickly it developed. i would not have cared if it was a frigging Nash, it is still impressive that they were able to get the car into the 8's this quickly. when the Challenger runs down into the 8's it will be equally as impressive, to me at least. i find this impressive also YouTube- tbolt world record not so much the et, but the way it left. that car does not have tubs in it, i would need to check my Fairlane but I think there is only room for maybe 10" of tire. for it to launch like that on that small of a tire, to me, is incredible. but then again, I don't mind looking outside the Mopar box:toothy10::toothy10:

Lol the way I read it it took Ford 40+ years to figure out how to catch a Hemi car. Not that impressive.

i am always amazed at how easy it is to be misinterpeted....40 years ago the Hemi car was only running in the 10's.....nowhere near it's current mark....it took the Hemi car close to 40 years to run where it is at, the new CJ Mustang only 2 years, I don't possibly see how you could possibly read it any other way....and again, I would not care if it was a frigging Nash it would still impress me.....

That's impressive for a "stocker" but like Calverts Thunderbolt I'm sure there isn't anything "stock" about it. NHRA doesn't regulate the injected cars because they can't police them. There are way to many variables in the electronics for them to possibly police so they just let them do what ever they want. Probably the same with the boost pressure, hell that thing could have upwards of 120 pounds of boost at speed.

But still 8's on a 9" tire is quite an accomplishment.

As would most all little squirrely high school kids. Mustangs are THE cookie cutters dream.

69Chrgr...your car is one of my all time fav cars..I envy..in a good way..your ride.

I would have said that re the GM cars..where one car was developed...it was then made for the other divisions...that is why we called them cookie cutter cars (identical cars) with different grills...it always amazed me that one of the four would be become hot and cost much more than the other three..It was about loving grills..

That is why I smile when folks say that the lover the 70-72 duster best..the only difference (yes, technically, they all differ a bit) is that they have different grills.

I believe it was Chrysler that started the minivan craze..and being first, won that game..Ford has done that with the Mustang (again) and left the field wide open so not everybody had to have deep pockets to buy one...kind of reminds me of the MG..and later on the Miata..

It is odd..Chrysler was first on the market with "retro Cars".with the PT cruser..you would have thought the challenger would have been 1st with the retro muscle cars..

The end winner, as always, are total amount sold..

Ian.

As would most all little squirrely high school kids. Mustangs are THE cookie cutters dream.

I also own this rip off 11's all day..nuff said..

duster 010.jpg

everyone is entitled to their opinion...I like the new challengers. I think they look awesome...especially the ones i saw at the spring fling...had some cool body kits, and nice rims, and a supercharger....but even stock, I think they look awesome and the srt8 version would be perfect for me..lol...i do not like the mustang at all, or the new camaro...the challenger looks the meanest...

Not appreciating any car that has what it takes to run those numbers is a sign of too many cruise nights and not enough track time. However, until the Mustang and Challenger cars are running next to each other, in the same class, it doesnt matter which one's faster as they are not held to similar rules. I would buy a Mustang if the purchase was based strictly on best appearance. I don't think any of the new Challenger colors make the car look good. Tires are too small, it's square, I just find it stupid looking. Kinda like a plastic chromed cap gun vs. a real Colt. The Camaros are even uglier. But that's just me.

Drag racing died here years ago...I think it is still done but not sure where..it must be because I saw a Duster being towed last year..and there it a tarped one sitting for the last 10 years or so..tried to buy it.... In our province, we have an 11 turn circuit that has hosted many big names...personally, I like cars that can throw into a turn when I am in the twisties..I find the mustang fun to throw into the corners but I have a big job to do with our Duster to get the same feeling..

It is nice to see all brands of muscle car are on the road because it tells me this type of car is not dead or tucked in a garage.

Ian.

Certainly don't mean to offend anybody, but if I wanted a Mustang I could have bought 2 of them. I bought the SRT8 version if the Chally, and still love to look at it, even parked next to my 69 Charger and 68 notch. If you like Mustangs, great. There is a pretty big weight difference. But if you have to boost a Mustang to get it to run, then I think that's pretty weak. Although, yes the Chally could have been engineered better in the weight department. My apologies to those offended about Mustangs on what I thought was a Mopar site.

Certainly don't mean to offend anybody, but if I wanted a Mustang I could have bought 2 of them. I bought the SRT8 version if the Chally, and still love to look at it, even parked next to my 69 Charger and 68 notch. If you like Mustangs, great. There is a pretty big weight difference. But if you have to boost a Mustang to get it to run, then I think that's pretty weak. Although, yes the Chally could have been engineered better in the weight department. My apologies to those offended about Mustangs on what I thought was a Mopar site.
just wondering if you really think that the drag pack challenger is going to run in the 8's without some boost??? what does it take for a 3200 pound car to run 9 flat, somewhere in the area of 900 hp? i seriously doubt you will ever see a 6.1 hemi making that without a power adder of sorts.....

-
Back