20s for the Demon - how low can I go? (big wheel haters don't look)

-
john -- take a look at 76orangewagon build. he did some surgery on the inner fenders of his Duster that may help you get 20's up front. He cut the tops of the inner fenders un the hood and raised them up around 2-3 inches. Open the hood and you still have the stock inner fenders and only a few would ever know they are higher up than they should be. That should help you get some additional clearance for the top of the tire with 20's in the front.

john -- take a look at 76orangewagon build. he did some surgery on the inner fenders of his Duster that may help you get 20's up front. He cut the tops of the inner fenders un the hood and raised them up around 2-3 inches. Open the hood and you still have the stock inner fenders and only a few would ever know they are higher up than they should be. That should help you get some additional clearance for the top of the tire with 20's in the front.
35 steps ahead of you but he's running a 17x7 wheel I'll be trying out a 20x8

yeah I knew his wheels where smaller, but the same game plan of raising the inners should help out with the wheel and tire height, but getting a 20" wheel to turn in there is going to be a task with the fender lip... I'm going with 18's on my Demon and I thought that was going big.

I'm curious how others like swisswill have gone so low in the rear.

Cutting the crap out of everything and doing it my way. I haven't built wheel tubs yet (quarters need to be locked down first) and the trunk lid hinges will likely have to be moved in toward the center, that's mostly figured out in my head. But it sits like I want it to.

file-163.jpg

file-165.jpg

Cutting the crap out of everything and doing it my way. I haven't built wheel tubs yet (quarters need to be locked down first) and the trunk lid hinges will likely have to be moved in toward the center, that's mostly figured out in my head. But it sits like I want it to.

That is some seriously impressive work you've got going there. Wow.

mopardude318 17's on my '70 Dart

That's a great look too. IMO Darts can look great with less wheel and tire.

Now the crazy part. Some will say I've got rocks in my head. Maybe I do.
I had some lengthy conversation with my wife. She has real interest in old cars but has never cared for the Duster/Demon body. She said go ahead anyway since I had them and I like them. Well, after this conversation, I did a little looking around and we went on a little road trip. The pic shows what we came home with. She really likes this one. I'm liking it more the more I look at it. So the Demon will go on to become a roller, then mothballed for later or sold. Crazy I know, but I think it will be fun to have a partner who takes an interest.

Attachments

• New 69.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 308

file-163.jpg

file-165.jpg

Will ...you always impress me..

still can't wait to see how you get those "hogs"...in and out

I'm running a 285/40/20 and I'm slammed to the gound. if your gonna go low I would run a Hemidenny superslammer K Member up front and I would recommend airbags otherwise you are not gonna make it into most driveways.

Got any pics and specs of the wheels?

-
Back