245 60s

-

terryr

Reaction score
Ive got a set of 7x15 cops with a 4"bs, ive been offered some 245 60s and 215 60s for the front , anyone got this combo or know if they will go under 64 valiant

Your only clearance issues will be with the rears. I've run this combination on a 1966 Cuda that had been converted to big bolt pattern. Even a 255 60 fit in the wheel well on the cop wheels. However if your using any kind of adapter due to small bolt pattern hubs/axles it's a no go. Or if your using a "B" body 8 3/4 rear or an "F" body 8 1/4 or a Dakota 8 1/4. With those back tires they will rub the inside of the rear fender well in and out of every driveway on the compression side. More rubbing with more passengers/weight. Never experienced any exterior lip issues with the quarter panels at any time. Car was generally a straight line vehicle so can't comment on rubbing issues under high speed cornering.

I just tried this on a 64 dart using a 7 1/4'' backspace 15x7'' chrysler wheel.Used 235-60-15 on the rear and the 215's on the front. The front lower corners of the front fenders had to be trimmed. The rears rubbed on the wheel lip(that I later rolled) on the driver side only.BUT both tires rubbed the outer rear wheel tub up inside the quarter pannel.The rubbing was in turns and dips in the road.This was with stock 50 year old rear springs. If I would add a leaf and raised the rear about 2'' I think all would be fine. I had a set of 6'' chrysler steel wheels that worked on all 4 corners without making any changes to the rear springs instead of using the 7'' rims. Just a thought..

Ive got a set of 7x15 cops with a 4"bs, ive been offered some 245 60s and 215 60s for the front , anyone got this combo or know if they will go under 64 valiant

Where did you get 7X15 on 4" BC? That's a new one if it was stock on anything.

I'm running 245/60/14s on the rear of my 66 Cuda 14 x 7 with 4 inch back space and lowered 3 inches + and no rubbing, fronts are 14x6 with 4 1/4 back space 235/60/14s with slight rub on full lock at rear of inner wheel well [torsion's lowered 2 inches from stock]. I plan on changing to 205/70s on the front eventually.

Thanks for the replys.i have a duster 8.25 on the rear.i am waiting on my tyres still.so i will mount em up and see.and yes it is 4.5 pcd.

-
Back