273 mild build cam

-
Isn't there a 500 horse 273 thread you guys can go to? The original post title was "273 mild build cam" and the last sentence the original poster typed was "This build is going to be my driver but I wanted to get close to HP 273." What part of those phrases don't you understand. If you want to talk maximum performance go somewhere else. tmm

Who ticked you off? I haven't seen anybody talking about maximum performance. Have you even read what I've written? How is 230 @ .050" maximum performance? Maybe you need take a break from telling people where to go.

Who ticked you off? I haven't seen anybody talking about maximum performance. Have you even read what I've written? How is 230 @ .050" maximum performance? Maybe you need take a break from telling people where to go.

Plain and simple rat rods tone is authoritative. Always a know it all. Looking to flex a muscle on a website. Sewing circle guy. Joey probably plays bingo with him. What a joke!

Plain and simple rat rods tone is authoritative. Always a know it all. Looking to flex a muscle on a website. Sewing circle guy. Joey probably plays bingo with him. What a joke!

No, up till now this has been a very informative thread with lots off good shared info. I don't think you really wan to go there with me. Joe Sherman. Nuff said?

No, up till now this has been a very informative thread with lots off good shared info. I don't think you really wan to go there with me. Joe Sherman. Nuff said?

27,000 posts..,,never nuff said with you. You should be an admin on this site. Telling people where to go and what to do could be your new gig.

Mild 273 build?? You could stop overthinking the deal and stick a stock 340 six pack cam in it and it'll fly.

27,000 posts..,,never nuff said with you. You should be an admin on this site. Telling people where to go and what to do could be your new gig.

Telling people how to make stupid, expensive decisions could be yours.

That's all for me. I am out. I kept this conversation civil as can be, straight on topic with good info and good dialogue and I'll be a son of a ***** if it didn't turn anyway. ToolManMike, I am surprised the most at you. That's what I get for trying my damndest to keep it civil and informative.

wazoo, you can cram it up your yahoo.

IMO, that was way out of line mike, speaking only for my own comments I made as well as my cam recommendations I'd like to think that the people reading and some of those who commented may have a little better idea of cam choice and cam comparison.

Considering the cam specs I recommended were 110-114 LS and the same or similar duration at .050 as the OP's original idea for a cam (which was small) I was very clearly not shooting for max effort nor a 500hp fire breathing 273, which in itself would be a unicorn. I was in fact trying to get him the mild mannered engine he wanted while maximizing the cams function in that engine.

IMO, that was way out of line mike, speaking only for my own comments I made as well as my cam recommendations I'd like to think that the people reading and some of those who commented may have a little better idea of cam choice and cam comparison.

Considering the cam specs I recommended were 110-114 LS and the same or similar duration at .050 as the OP's original idea for a cam (which was small) I was very clearly not shooting for max effort nor a 500hp fire breathing 273, which in itself would be a unicorn. I was in fact trying to get him the mild mannered engine he wanted while maximizing the cams function in that engine.

Exactly ^^^^ We both were.

Oh, I said I was out. dangit. lol

Telling people how to make stupid, expensive decisions could be yours.

That's all for me. I am out. I kept this conversation civil as can be, straight on topic with good info and good dialogue and I'll be a son of a ***** if it didn't turn anyway. ToolManMike, I am surprised the most at you. That's what I get for trying my damndest to keep it civil and informative.

wazoo, you can cram it up your yahoo.

Sorry I blew up.

There again, sorry I blew up.

tmm

Yup. We've all been there at one point, but the thing is to listen and learn. I just don't think there are some people with the ability.

And IQ52 was born knowin everything already. lol

No offense taken, but how the heck did I get in here? My Pop was the guy who graphed the cams he ran, especially during his NASCAR years.

Have you ever noticed that I don't recommend a specific camshaft to anyone? And I design all the cams for the engines we build!

I do say, "Hey, I ran this cam and it performed like this." Like the XE285HL we ran in Pop's 440.

I've found that if you recommend a cam on the stated build, they will change the build and claim the cam was no good.

When we ran the 509 in the low compression build many thought it was a recommendation of the 509. Nope, it just happened to be laying on the shelf so we plunked it it and tried it. I originally bought the 509 for $50 because it came with hydraulic lifters and I needed hydraulic lifters, I didn't even want a 509 cam.

Sorry you get in hot water sometimes Rob. Remember though, I still love you. It was pleasure meeting you and G.M. at the NATS.

No offense taken, but how the heck did I get in here? .

That would be my fault!

I mentioned you in a post wherein I was saying not to compare cams using their advertised duration and use .050 specs. I mentioned how you go even further and look at even smaller duration specs. Remember that lesson you gave me on what it means if 2 cams have the same duration at .050 and a different duration at .020?

I do, more aggressive ramp angle! Do I get a gold star teach?

Remember though, I still love you. It was pleasure meeting you and G.M. at the NATS.

Man! Whatchyoo talkin bout?!!?? That will forever be one of the highlights of my life. It was indeed a pleasure. Maybe we can do it again one day.

Not sure I would have this guy build my engine

http://daviswiki.org/Joe_Sherman

Sorry, I googled the name looking for the reasoning behind the comment and this came up. Which was much more interesting than the ford race engine guy

Not sure I would have this guy build my engine http://daviswiki.org/Joe_Sherman Sorry, I googled the name looking for the reasoning behind the comment and this came up. Which was much more interesting than the ford race engine guy

LOL if you only had a chance to meet the real Joe. He's just an absolute arrogant piece of work. If you want to win a dyno contest I think he's your man.

Telling people how to make stupid, expensive decisions could be yours. That's all for me. I am out. I kept this conversation civil as can be, straight on topic with good info and good dialogue and I'll be a son of a ***** if it didn't turn anyway. ToolManMike, I am surprised the most at you. That's what I get for trying my damndest to keep it civil and informative. wazoo, you can cram it up your yahoo.

Big tough guy on the web. I will be in your area next week. Want to meet up for a discussion? Trade some industry knowledge😜say when and say where.

Big tough guy on the web. I will be in your area next week. Want to meet up for a discussion? Trade some industry knowledge��say when and say where.

Be glad to. Let me know when. I like the Waffle House.

You know how many Waffle Houses there are in Macon? Probably the one out Riverside Drive on the north side of town will be the best.

3620 Riverside Drive Macon, Georgia 31201. Just say when.

-
Back