315 or 325 tires on early a?

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have either of these rear tires on their driveable car?

If so what size rim and what is the offset?

I know that there are a couple of projects under construction that are planning on using them.

Thanks,
Mike

I saw your other post asking if they rub. These won't fit any stock a-body.

You need to do a mini tub/spring location. You build the car to fit the tire instead of simply finding a tire that will fit the car........ (Basically you modify everything back there so they don't rub).

I agree that you are correct that the springs need to be moved in and it needs to be minitubbed.

Is there anyone who has put these on their car?

Thanks,
Mike

Not sure if this applies, but my catalog says that 315/60/15's have a tread width of 11 inches. My 30/10.5/15 Goodyear Eagle slicks have a tread width of 10.5 inches. My rear is narrowed to 50 inches flange to flange, and the inside offset of my Cragar Supertricks is 4 inches of a 10 inch rim.

I've had M/T ET streets that are 28" 12.5 wide and 325/60/15 that are about 13" wide. Both of these tire sizes will rub without a sway bar even if you mini tub to the frame rails. I found this out after I put my car on the road for it's first summer. That following winter I installed a sway bar from competition Engineering. The Et's never rub but when using the 325/60/15 and have more than one person in the car you'll hear them hit a little. That sway bar will also help plant your tires at the track. Jayson

Jason,

Are tires centered in the wheelwell?

What are your clearances?

Do you have any pics?

Thanks,
Mike

I tried searching under that name and it told me that it was invalid.

Mike

Jason,

Are tires centered in the wheelwell?

What are your clearances?

Do you have any pics?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike I originally built my rear end around the M/T ET Streets that are 28" X 12.5. They actual bulge to 13" when I measured them on my Radir 10"rims. The BFG Drag Radials were 325 60/15 and were wider. I played with spacers moving the rims around and they would still hit on the inside even with a sway bar and more than one person in the car. The outside I could get my fingers in the inside i had maybe 5/8 clearance. I recently bought new MT Drag radials 295/55/15 28"X 12 they bulge on my rim to 12.25 and never hit. If you have a higher ride height you may be able to use the 325/50/15 tires. I don't have any pictures to show the clearance of the old tires. Jayson

Scott and Jason on the same post. I'm in early Dart heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

Hey Jayson,

How do those 295's hookup on the street?

Have you had them at the track?

Thanks,
Mike

Ok here are some pictures of my Dart with the M/T DRAG RADIALS 295/55/R15. My car is mini-tubbed to the frame rail. Outside clearance is about 1" inside near frame rail about 1.25". These tires bulge about 12.2" on a 10" rim. As I stated in earlier e-mail the Mickey Thompson ET streets 28"X 12.5 actually bulge 13" and without the sway bar will hit either side of the tubs. Jayson

Jayson, have you roasted them yet? If so how well did they work?

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike, No I haven't roasted them yet in fact I'm wondering if I'll make it to the track this year. Jayson

Jayson, have you roasted them yet? If so how well did they work?

Thanks,
Mike

Jayson, have you had them on the street? If so how well do they hookup?

Mike

Well I know it took me a while but I made it out to the track today and made my first runs on my 295/55/15 M/T drag radials. I ran them with 18psi after talking to several different people. First pass ran 11.59 and noticed a little slipping. Second pass ran another 11.59 with same slippage. Now it was 95 today and started thinking my car usually runs 11.5 but maybe with the heat and crappy track conditions this is what it was going to run today. So once running the two time trials I dial my first race in at 11.54. I did a longer burnout this time and the car ran 11.549. Second race dialed 11.53 and did longer burnout again. Car ran 11.49 and that sent me home. That launch the car really hooked good with no tire spinning. So you asked if they worked and the answer is yes I was able to get them to work and achieve my normal time the car runs. Jayson

Thanks Jayson for your reply. Encouraging news. Do they hook as well on the street as the other tires did?

Mike

-
Back