360 stroker how much HP is picked up if everything else stays the same?

-
Depends

Oh I’m not acting like or trying to sell an untruth here and even more so since I posted videos proving you wrong wrong and wrong. BUT…

Thanks for admitting your wrong and have no idea what your talking about. Even more so since you gave the spread on a build with no other information than displacement.

Once again, you assume to much and apon making the assumption, shown yourself as wrong ….. again.
I like how you keep shooting yourself in the foot and then stuffing it in your own mouth. Excellent job!
Bravo!!!!

Just cause your not able to understand me doesn't make me wrong, not saying I'm 100% correct but definitely not 100% wrong, I actually like learning but I need a decent counter argument, to me calling someone a bunch of names and give no reason why their wrong, is that suppose to change my mind ? I got my theory how things work and does change over time when get new info. Out of your 10 post only one was a semi constructive #37, if that's proof a 410 that makes slightly more power than 360. That's not gonna change how I think and probably not sale the idea on the OP.

curves on dyno.png
curves on the track.png

First one is how most looking at dyno curves of 2 engines 2nd is how people should especially with proper gearing on the track.

To the OP I just give you my theory take it or leave, not saying to not build a 416 do want you want, but if your looking for more hp fully porting your W2 is a sure thing.

Well, then I’d say the following;

1: Don’t speak until you know what your talking about. In example, predicting the power curves and spreads of 2 engines without knowing anything about the said engine except displacement.

2: Take a wider stance on the answer. You said they would act in a certain way. How can this be so when all you know are the displacement of the two engines?

Now IF you had said, the TEND TO…..

3: Stop coming off as a arrogant know it all.

4: Stop twisting words and curving the direction of the actual question and trend of the thread.

5: Grow a thicker skin.

6: Heed your own words, warnings and abide by them. If you did t want to talk with me, don’t answer me or quote me.

When you put yourself out there on a public forum, the public responds. If you don’t like the response, address it or ignore it. Don’t cry about it.

I’ve put myself out there and been called on it.
In example!!!!!
Rat Bastard has publicly said I did wrong here, I’m wrong there, I’m mistaken there. When he does, or anyone else, I try to take it with a grain of salt and ask or look for why.

I even started a post because I couldn’t figure out two things. One, I was way to tired to realize I was way to tired and should have given up and called it a day on reading the instructions on …. #2 Trying to figure out my MSD distributor, the Pro Billet Digital E-curve unit.

Man-O-Man!!!! The next time I open it all up and the thread with it, I was just beside myself and I could only think one thing, that was a righteousness way to embarrass yourself!

Bit I’ll tell you what! Several members came to my aid right quick and a bit had a few private messages that I know where joking with me but then again, that’s how I take them because they could have been ripping me a new one. And deservedly so. I give myself “Dumbfuck” for that one. But it’s still up for all to search and see. As well as hopefully laugh at!!!

There’s more than a few of us “Salty Ol’frackers” here but you don’t see me crying a river! I realize when Rat Bastard corrects me, suggests something or just plain ol’rips me a new one (dang your good at that you Ol’bastard!) I didn’t run away. I didn’t put him on ignore. I did take it.

And I’m sure I’ll get it again! By him or someone else.
Sorry to hurt your snowflake feelings 273.
I’ll try not to save yourself from looking like an asshat anymore. OK? Happy? LMAO!

Sorry I called you names. Do so come around and read up and realize a few things. I get schooled daily here. I hit members up with questions.
So stick around and get schooled. Do so wonder why before you reply.

:drama::mad::thankyou:
:bs_flag:

It's not how you talk to me it's how you talk to others on here that bothers me and it's just not you.

I'm not trying to come off as a know it all, I try to give people some info so they can make up their own minds. Most of these things comedown to person preferences it's all compromises.

Last edited:
OK, I’m back out…. Don’t quite me 273 or you’ll be a hipocrite or some spelling like that….
OH ****, my bad, I just tried to save you from yourself there. I’m an asshole for helping, I’m sorry snowflake….

Oh ****! Did it again. I’m sorry I called you a snow flake when it’s your feelings that are melting… my bad again, I’m an asshat on top of a burping *** hole that eat lots of refried beans and drank beer… with broccoli…… and Brussels sprout…. And something else really bad.

You just continue to talk about me, behind my back is OK, my feelings won’t melt, I promise…. Bad mouth me, twist my words, it’s OK. I know there’s a need to vindicate yourself.

Oh ****… was that gas lighting, oh dang… my bad, now I’m not just an asshole, not just a bad smoke stack farting machine that eat & drank poorly the night before but now I’m an “Expensive Asshole that demolished the asshat that was on top!”

Hey look! I’m really sorry for defaming you once again and assuming you’ll be upset and have the need to prove yourself again…. And again…. And again…

Just ignore this post, carry on, have fun….

IF that’s OK to say or suggest to you with out you selling up in tears crying a River complaining about me…again, because I was right….. again…. ****

****!
Was that last paragraph bad to print?

I’m batting a thousand here for the apologies… dang!

OK! Final apology!

Cut and paste to print the below section for taping up on your wall for all to see.

I’m sorry to be a really bad bad man Mr. 273.

Is that OK?

Call me names all you want, not gonna return the favor.

Let’s dig a little deeper into your combo but first congratulations on the 10.64@125mph. My first question would be how much quicker do you want to go? Let’s find out and see if we can get you there without building a stroker.

Was thinking 10.2's
I think the W2's have alot left. They are basically untouched from when I bought them new 40+ years ago. they have been on the car probably 35 years. Mild pocket porting, back cut the valves, think thats it. The STX-21 cam (.560 lift) was put in when it became a street car. (ran 10.80 122 through the exhaust). TurboAction 8" 4400 converter. Think I still have a .590 lift lunati cam I used a long time ago. Funny how some of the old mopar cams (the lunati and the Racer Brown STX-21 are probably 45+ year old designs) still work great. Who's a good W2 head porter? This is just a bracket car, don't really ultra porting that might cause problems (leaks). need consistency, and problem free. Street miles probably 100 a year.

Was thinking 10.2's
I think the W2's have alot left. They are basically untouched from when I bought them new 40+ years ago. they have been on the car probably 35 years. Mild pocket porting, back cut the valves, think thats it. The STX-21 cam (.560 lift) was put in when it became a street car. (ran 10.80 122 through the exhaust). TurboAction 8" 4400 converter. Think I still have a .590 lift lunati cam I used a long time ago. Funny how some of the old mopar cams (the lunati and the Racer Brown STX-21 are probably 45+ year old designs) still work great. Who's a good W2 head porter? This is just a bracket car, don't really ultra porting that might cause problems (leaks). need consistency, and problem free. Street miles probably 100 a year.

Ok we gained .40 going from a 4400 stall converter to a 5600 stall in my sons duster. You got a great cam so I would consider getting 8 (1.6) intake rockers to bump you up to .590 lift. Porting the heads and intake would surely grab you some ET. What size intake valve? What size carb?

Ok we gained .40 going from a 4400 stall converter to a 5600 stall in my sons duster. You got a great cam so I would consider getting 8 (1.6) intake rockers to bump you up to .590 lift. Porting the heads and intake would surely grab you some ET. What size intake valve? What size carb?

2.02 valve , carb when racing was a BG 750 DP (that could be bigger). using a holley 880 cfm vacuum sec. on street. also just noticed the converter is a 4200.
might consider 1.6 rockers. T&D still good? or is there a better option?

2.02 valve , carb when racing was a BG 750 DP (that could be bigger). using a holley 880 cfm vacuum sec. on street. also just noticed the converter is a 4200.
might consider 1.6 rockers. T&D still good? or is there a better option?

Yes T&D’s are close to the top of the food chain. I picked up going from a 750 Holley to a 850 Holley but other love dominators. The converter would be a BIG help.

Yes T&D’s are close to the top of the food chain. I picked up going from a 750 Holley to a 850 Holley but other love dominators. The converter would be a BIG help.

Agreed a bigger carb would help, haven't been to track since I got the 880 holley. along with better converter. have to look into some 1.6 rockers.
Thanks. Remember Herb McCandless telling me a long time ago I would go .4 to .5 sec quicker if a used a dominator. guess I should have listened.

As others have mentioned though: a stock stroke can still be wicked fast, faster than most people manage to go with a stroker.

Yeah, but a stoker sound cooler right???
Just ask the Beach Boys..

"Just a little deuce coupe with a flathead mill
But she'll walk a Thunderbird like she's standing still
She's ported and relieved, and she's stroked and bored
She'll do a hundred and forty with the top end floored"

LOL

Agreed a bigger carb would help, haven't been to track since I got the 880 holley. along with better converter. have to look into some 1.6 rockers.
Thanks. Remember Herb McCandless telling me a long time ago I would go .4 to .5 sec quicker if a used a dominator. guess I should have listened.

Could use a vacuum gauge on full throttle run to see how much restriction carb is.

I like stock stroke engines. My 360 ran bottom 10’s. My current 340 runs well into the 9’s.
I don’t see any reason to go with a stroker.

Crappy job back pedaling. Try again. No wait! Don’t bother. You keep admitting.
Just cause your not able to understand me doesn't make me wrong, not saying I'm 100% correct but definitely not 100% wrong, I actually like learning but I need a decent counter argument, to me calling someone a bunch of names and give no reason why their wrong, is that suppose to change my mind ? I got my theory how things work and does change over time when get new info. Out of your 10 post only one was a semi constructive #37, if that's proof a 410 that makes slightly more power than 360. That's not gonna change how I think and probably not sale the idea on the OP.

View attachment 1715974469 View attachment 1715974470
First one is how most looking at dyno curves of 2 engines 2nd is how people should especially with proper gearing on the track.

To the OP I just give you my theory take it or leave, not saying to not build a 416 do want you want, but if your looking for more hp fully porting your W2 is a sure thing.

It's not how you talk to me it's how you talk to others on here that bothers me and it's just not you.

I'm not trying to come off as a know it all, I try to give people some info so they can make up their own minds. Most of these things comedown to person preferences it's all compromises.

LMAO! And he hits disagree…. Baha ha ha ha ha

That's interesting, care to elaborate?

Not much to elaborate on. Friction force equation is mu*N, coefficient of friction times the normal force. Area plays no role.
Work is force times distance, two engines of equal displacement, the one with a longer stroke will do more friction work, or put another way will have more friction losses.
I would also argue it's tougher to keep a consistent ring seal over a greater distance as well..
All theoretical of course, but these are the kinds of things which can explain what we observe when the tests have been done.

Thanks, just after a little clarification to clean out my brainfart..

The engine with the longer stroke will have a smaller bore, so it will have less friction from the smaller contact area of the rings against the bore. I doubt there is much difference between the two. Where the longer stroke engine gets it's reputation for more friction is from the side loading; if longer rods are used to counteract this, then it levels the playing field.

The engine with the longer stroke will have a smaller bore, so it will have less friction from the smaller contact area of the rings against the bore. I doubt there is much difference between the two. Where the longer stroke engine gets it's reputation for more friction is from the side loading; if longer rods are used to counteract this, then it levels the playing field.
Dragging the ring over a longer distance, will result in more friction , than going to a bigger bore for the same displacement.

Because I like maths I just worked out 2 different scenarios:
A. 4.04' bore, 3.31" stroke, assumed compression height of piston of 1.6"

B. 3.91" bore, 4" stroke, same piston height

The smaller bore stroker has 17% more moving surface area compared to the bigger bore short stroke.

If anyone wants to check my maths feel free as I may have made a mistake.

It's not really apples for apples as I'm using 340 specs vs 318 stroked to 390, but you wouldn't find a reversed scenario of 3.31" bore with a 4" stroke, so it is a real world comparison.
With a 3.91" bore and 3.58" stroke it came out at 4.8% more area subject to friction.

-
Back