'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
I like that! is that an AAR glass hood?

Yes sir, it's an AAR hood. Very nice quality. My only problem is that it sags a lot near the cowl vent, but I think that's because I don't have a hood seal to hold it up right now.

Scott

Jeepers, that color just "gnaws" at me........LOVE the color........

Should I or shouldn't I...........(my wife'd shoot me if I repainted the Cuda)

Thanks man. Your car is awesome too, and a good source of inspiration for me.
Yes, it's a used Tremec TKO600. It doesn't have any mods like the Keisler TKO has, so I had to hack up the floor quite a bit to get it to fit.

As for the rest of the drivetrain, I have an almost-new (8000 mi) 360 Magnum block to make into a 408 stroker. I plan to use ported RHS iron heads, hopefully 475hp or so... I'm using a Quick Time bellhousing, Centerforce clutch, and a narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.73's and a Sure Grip. Rear tires are 315-35-17.

Sounds like a kick *** combo, should really rock with whatever you are doing with it at any given moment.
I would not call the trans tunnel a hack job, more like a happy medium.

Very sharp, great color choice and such a nice job too!

DUDE....nicest paint ive seen in 15 yrs. wish i could see it in person, sweeeeet.very rich and definitely a sexy, racey kinda color....

just checked out your link, man those are skills however u spell it, sooo, body man for 30 yrs, huh...i wanna just hang around your shop, ill sweep the floors when your all done.....

Looks very GOOD . Keep up on the update's .I'm gonna be doing some body work on mine soon . Trying to get it to the track now . I dig that color you used .. "AWSOME"

Where did you get your door hinges at ? been looking for some . I guess not the right places ..

I got my hinges from Rick Ehrenberg. He sells stuff on moparts and ebay occasionally. Very knowledgable guy. I can't remember the price, but they were pretty reasonable. [email protected]

And thanks for the compliments!

Scott

Been busy working on everyone else's car, but I finally got to spend some time on my own. I know it's not much, but at least I'm making progress.

Put the rear end in today. The 8 3/4 housing was out of a truck, so obviously it's narrowed (50.25"). Got all my parts from Dr Diff (Sure grip, 3.73 gears, bearing kit, crush sleeve eliminator, yoke, and cut-to fit axles). I decided to put a drain plug in the housing while I was at it.

Wheels are 17x11 with zero offset. I know, I should upgrade to disc brakes but I'll do that later. I figure the 11" truck drums will stop me just fine for a while.

I'm just glad everything fits after the mini-tub, spring relocation, and narrowing the housing. I does pay off to measure twice and cut once!

Scott

CIMG2882-1.jpg

CIMG2883-1.jpg

CIMG2981-1.jpg

CIMG2983-1.jpg

CIMG2987-1.jpg

CIMG2988-1.jpg

CIMG2989-1.jpg

CIMG2990-1.jpg

Everything looks great Scott!! How did you do the drain on the 83/4? Looks like you welded a plate to the bottom and tapped a hole?

Looking good !
One has to wonder why the factory didn't place a magnetized drain plug in differentials and trans pans as well.

Everything looks great Scott!! How did you do the drain on the 83/4? Looks like you welded a plate to the bottom and tapped a hole?

Thanks! For the drain, I originally tried to drill and tap the housing but I screwed up the threads. So I found a piece of 1/4" plate, tapped it, and welded it over the hole I had drilled in the housing.

Scott

-
Back