67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
I sent you a PM, and why haven't you started on it yet! haaaaa:-D
Trust me I want to. This weekend we will get started on it. Im having 220 ft of 1 3/4 .120 wall round tubing, 20 ft of 2x3 .120 wall square tubing, 20ft of 6in x 1/4 flat stock, and 3 4x8 sheets of .032 aluminum delivered on wed. That gives me plenty of meterals to build the cage trim out the intirior, and build subframe connectors. (with plenty extra just in case there is an oops) the fun will begin friday night......

Trust me I want to. This weekend we will get started on it. Im having 220 ft of 1 3/4 .120 wall round tubing, 20 ft of 2x3 .120 wall square tubing, 20ft of 6in x 1/4 flat stock, and 3 4x8 sheets of .032 aluminum delivered on wed. That gives me plenty of meterals to build the cage trim out the intirior, and build subframe connectors. (with plenty extra just in case there is an oops) the fun will begin friday night......

Damn sounds like you guys are gunna go APE SHITTTT!:-D

Right on!

I got the tires mounted this morning.

Just a little more tire than my 70 Dart has! Where the heck is my housing at?? haaaaaa I still got some fabricating to do and finish up the welding on the Passenger side for the Mini Tub. I am thinking I will be done with the whole Mini Tub before the housing is ready. As soon as I get the housing I will take it in for Powder Coat along with the Link Bars, Link Ends & Brake Brackets which will all be BLACK!

IMG_1213.jpg

In this picture the Caps look like they are dented but are not. Optical Illusion.

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Very Cool Louis!!!

Also, Mad, on my Street linx setup, I've noticed that because of my 17X11 wheels, and the DEEP 4 1/2" backspace, I have to jack the car up, and unbolt the coil over shocks in order to install or remove the wheel!!!! Pretty crazy huh? Have you run into anything like this???

Very Cool Louis!!!

Also, Mad, on my Street linx setup, I've noticed that because of my 17X11 wheels, and the DEEP 4 1/2" backspace, I have to jack the car up, and unbolt the coil over shocks in order to install or remove the wheel!!!! Pretty crazy huh? Have you run into anything like this???

Yes I have been there before. You will need full droop of the suspension to get the tires out. I should have just back half'd the whole car and been done with it! haaaaa I will be doing that for sure on the next one! I almost think you could do a full back half in the same amount of time that it takes to do this link and the Mini Tub? Well maybe I am trippin like usual.

Tires and wheels look great. Oh yeah it is a pain, to jack up the car in order to remove the meats. I will be screwed if I have a flat someday. Where the heck would I put my spare?

Well, I got 1 side ALL welded off. I just need to hit the welds with a sanding disc and put on some seam sealer.

Here is what the tires should look like.

mini tub etc 007.jpg

mini tub etc 008.jpg

mini tub etc 009.jpg

mini tub etc 010.jpg

mini tub etc 011.jpg

mini tub etc 013.jpg

mini tub etc 014.jpg

mini tub etc 015.jpg

mini tub etc 007.jpg

mini tub etc 008.jpg

mini tub etc 009.jpg

mini tub etc 010.jpg

mini tub etc 011.jpg

mini tub etc 013.jpg

mini tub etc 014.jpg

mini tub etc 015.jpg

man i hope they stick out just a little more, as they look really close to the frame in your pic.

man i hope they stick out just a little more, as they look really close to the frame in your pic.

The housing is not in and they are mocked up crooked. I will have about 1" clearance on each side once it is all put back together. Come on man My Momma didn't raise no PUNK!:-D

The housing is not in and they are mocked up crooked. I will have about 1" clearance on each side once it is all put back together. Come on man My Momma didn't raise no PUNK!:-D

yeah yeah yeah......its cool man I was just not seeing much room between the tire and the outer edge of the fender and was just making sure. I'm following your build close because I plan on running a similar setup. I looked on summit racing and foung your wheels and could not find a front narrower than a 6in wheel. What are you going to run up front I was hopeing to be under 4inches wide on the front. I might have to look at a different wheel. But I really like the look of yours.......

yeah yeah yeah......its cool man I was just not seeing much room between the tire and the outer edge of the fender and was just making sure. I'm following your build close because I plan on running a similar setup. I looked on summit racing and foung your wheels and could not find a front narrower than a 6in wheel. What are you going to run up front I was hopeing to be under 4inches wide on the front. I might have to look at a different wheel. But I really like the look of yours.......

I was just messin with you......no harm intended.

I have 15x6 Steelies in the front that I will be running. I am pretty sure that you can call Wheel Vintiques or Stockton Wheel and they can make you what you are looking for. I did call and asked if they could make me a 15x11 wheel and DAMN it was expensive for the extra 1" they wanted $280.00 per wheel which is $150.00 extra each..........so I scratched that Idea!

I was just messin with you......no harm intended.

I did call and asked if they could make me a 15x11 wheel and DAMN it was expensive for the extra 1" they wanted $280.00 per wheel which is $150.00 extra each..........so I scratched that Idea!

Well buddy, 17x11's are readily available! :D:D:D:D

HOWEVER, I had to have my rear ones custom made for a 4 1/2" backspace, because I ORIGINALLY was gonna use the standard American Racing Torque Thrust 15x10 with 3.75" backspace, and I had my Strange S60 custom built for just those wheels, THEN when I decided to run 17's, a 17x10 with 3.75" backspace was non-existent, NOT A SINGLE SOUL made them...SO the only thing I could get without going to a 17x9, was stepping up to a 17x11, and to keep it centered under the car like my 15" wheel was, I had to increase the backspace 1/2" for the extra 1" wheel width on the 17"...

So, my rear 17's were expensive at $315 EACH...Plus a $230 Nitto 555 tire! So I spent about $1100 for my rear tire & wheel combo!!!!

25g6yc7.jpg

I wonder how the deep backspace is gonna look on the car...Some people like it, some don't...

23jo5nb.jpg

2aezclc.jpg

Beautiful Wheels and rims mopapdude318 how wide are they actually 12"?

Im wondering when you will mount them? I would like to see how the wheel wells fill out.

I find I like the look of a 17' rim but what kind of drag tire comes in that size?

Well buddy, 17x11's are readily available! :D:D:D:D

HOWEVER, I had to have my rear ones custom made for a 4 1/2" backspace, because I ORIGINALLY was gonna use the standard American Racing Torque Thrust 15x10 with 3.75" backspace, and I had my Strange S60 custom built for just those wheels, THEN when I decided to run 17's, a 17x10 with 3.75" backspace was non-existent, NOT A SINGLE SOUL made them...SO the only thing I could get without going to a 17x9, was stepping up to a 17x11, and to keep it centered under the car like my 15" wheel was, I had to increase the backspace 1/2" for the extra 1" wheel width on the 17"...

So, my rear 17's were expensive at $315 EACH...Plus a $230 Nitto 555 tire! So I spent about $1100 for my rear tire & wheel combo!!!!

25g6yc7.jpg

I wonder how the deep backspace is gonna look on the car...Some people like it, some don't...

23jo5nb.jpg

2aezclc.jpg

Those look really nice! Sky is the limit on most everything you can buy for this hobby. If I were to go for a different look your wheels would fit the bill for sure.

I know you can custom order just about anything you want for our cars and it just depends on how much you are willing to pay for the look you are going after.

Now when are you going to set your car on the ground and get some pictures??????????? I wanna see it!

Im wondering when you will mount them? I would like to see how the wheel wells fill out.

I find I like the look of a 17' rim but what kind of drag tire comes in that size?

Well, I still have my 15x10 torque thrust wheels, and when I go to the strip, I'll just swap wheels...LOL

But there is a NITTO Drag Radial availablein the size I have (315/35/17)

http://nittotire.com/#index.tire.nt05r

Those look really nice! Sky is the limit on most everything you can buy for this hobby. If I were to go for a different look your wheels would fit the bill for sure.

I know you can custom order just about anything you want for our cars and it just depends on how much you are willing to pay for the look you are going after.

Now when are you going to set your car on the ground and get some pictures??????????? I wanna see it!

Sorry to high jack your thread Louis..

Thanks for the compliments! As far as putting the wheels on...LOL...I have no idea...I know I said like...last month I'd have them installed for mock up, boy have I been lagging!! It's just a matter of installing the Alterktion front end and putting the wheels on...My axle and everything is installed, just gotta put the wheels on and get at it. lol

Sorry to high jack your thread Louis..

Thanks for the compliments! As far as putting the wheels on...LOL...I have no idea...I know I said like...last month I'd have them installed for mock up, boy have I been lagging!! It's just a matter of installing the Alterktion front end and putting the wheels on...My axle and everything is installed, just gotta put the wheels on and get at it. lol

No worries, people need to know they have options!!

-
Back