67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
I just want to say Mad Dart yours are the bomb as well I love that look and I think the steelie's are the way I would go if I were any where close to doing what you guy's are doing to your cars's. I love watching and learning.
Brad

1" clearance on each side? That is a ton. I have about 1/2" on each side and have zero rubbing.

1" clearance on each side? That is a ton. I have about 1/2" on each side and have zero rubbing.

My 70 Dart is about 3/8 away from the LIP of the fender and it is NOT rolled either. I have never rubbed! Stay on the gas and the tire gets Taller! haaaaaaaaa:-D

Put a couple hours in today. I got the Drivers side cut out and tacked back in. I just need to weld it off. This side went ALOT faster than the Passenger side did for sure!

mini tub etc 018.jpg

mini tub etc 019.jpg

mini tub etc 020.jpg

mini tub etc 021.jpg

mini tub etc 023.jpg

mini tub etc 024.jpg

mini tub etc 018.jpg

mini tub etc 019.jpg

mini tub etc 020.jpg

mini tub etc 021.jpg

mini tub etc 023.jpg

mini tub etc 024.jpg

I talked to Sutton Engineering today and Ed's Flash Burn is healed up, he told me to pick my housing and axles up on Wednesday.
The Roll Bar also gets delivered tomorrow..............................

Damn I better get to work!

How many welding burns do you have? When I did mine I had welding slag in my ear and on top of my head. That hurts by the way.

How many welding burns do you have? When I did mine I had welding slag in my ear and on top of my head. That hurts by the way.

Welding burns, Alot. Yes slag burns etc. I have only had Flash Burn in the eyes 1 Time. I tell you what, it feels like 80 Grit sand paper in your eyes for about 3-4 Days. I remember 1 time I was welding at work in the summer with just a cotton shirt on, I said damn something smells weird and it is getting really hot. I finished the weld lifted my hood to find that my flippin shirt was totally on fire............my work partner was laughing his azzzzz off, luckily I didn't get hurt on that one.

I,ve also had flash once years ago and yes it feels like someone threw sand in my eyes.Note...slag sticks to ears!LOL

very cool build reminds me of the mini tub on my dart and inspires me to get to work on the valiant! may just do a 4 link after reading all this

Ok the Roll bar showed up yesterday and I picked up my Housing from Sutton Engineering this morning along with the axles that were shortened and re-splined with new green bearings. I also had him install 3" Studs.

I am going to mock it up 1 more time to install the brake line clips and to make sure it all fits like planned. I will be taking it apart and sending the housing, brake brackets and Link Bars in for black powder coat. I will attempt to finish off the roll bar while those parts are getting coated.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

sweet deal man, i am a few weeks behind you. we are building the cage this weekend, then it will be time to mini tub it. and work the 4link. gotta get my axle before i can build the 4link though, I dont think the 7.25 will handle the hemi:snakeman: dana 60 here i come........

sweet deal man, i am a few weeks behind you. we are building the cage this weekend, then it will be time to mini tub it. and work the 4link. gotta get my axle before i can build the 4link though, I dont think the 7.25 will handle the hemi:snakeman: dana 60 here i come........
I,d do the minitub first,you,ll have fun climbing in and out of the car with a cage in there.Just my 2 cents.

I,d do the minitub first,you,ll have fun climbing in and out of the car with a cage in there.Just my 2 cents.

the cage is only getting mocked up for a while. I'm going to have it inspected by an nhra inspector before it gets welded up, to make sure it's good to go. Then it will come out, the mini tubs will get done, then the cage will be welded in. Thanks for the heads up though

Do you have the Dana yet? I was going to use one out of a truck, it had a detroit locker with 410 gears in it. That would be the cheapest way to get one to work for sure. The truck Dana doesn't have he pinion snubber provission but you dont' need the pinion snubber with a Link set up so the truck dana will work just fine!! FYI

I have a guy that said he has "more dana 60's than I know what to do with. Just tell me what you want and I'll sell it to you." (its the guy I got my car from) he is a cool guy. So more than likely I'll pick up a b body 60 w/ a SG, and then I'll use it for mock up and then get it shortened as needed.

Looks almost as good as mine....Almost... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

James you got that SICKKKKK DANA under yours! If I didn't already have the brand new Nodular 489 Case with 3.91 gears, new suregrip and 7290 pinion yoke ready to install I would have went DANA for sure! Plus I picked up my housing and axles for $50.00!

I mounted the rear tires on my Dart for the first time last night, OMG it looks BAAAAADDD!! I will get some pics soon. I also installed the front end, and I'll get some shots of that and put em up in my 70 Dart build thread.

I mounted the rear tires on my Dart for the first time last night, OMG it looks BAAAAADDD!! I will get some pics soon. I also installed the front end, and I'll get some shots of that and put em up in my 70 Dart build thread.

Puts some coals on the fire to keep it lit! Go after it! haaaaaaa:-D

Hey it all fits! My measurements were correct. This is the final mock up before powder coat. I will be ordering my shocks now and fabricating the rear brake lines and welding on the clips to hold them down on the axle. Powder coat is next. I am Happy today seeing what I have built all on my own and it fits perfect!!

mini tub etc 019.jpg

mini tub etc 021.jpg

mini tub etc 024.jpg

mini tub etc 025.jpg

mini tub etc 026.jpg

mini tub etc 027.jpg

mini tub etc 028.jpg

mini tub etc 022.jpg

mini tub etc 023.jpg

mini tub etc 019.jpg

mini tub etc 021.jpg

mini tub etc 024.jpg

mini tub etc 025.jpg

mini tub etc 026.jpg

mini tub etc 027.jpg

mini tub etc 028.jpg

mini tub etc 022.jpg

mini tub etc 023.jpg

man i wish you could set in on the ground. I would love to see how it sits at ride hight. (i know that its at ride hight now, but its not the same....) looks good man how much room do you think you ahve between the wheel well and the tire? looks like about 1/2-3/4 of an inch if that. that is the look im after on my car.

man i wish you could set in on the ground. I would love to see how it sits at ride hight. (i know that its at ride hight now, but its not the same....) looks good man how much room do you think you ahve between the wheel well and the tire? looks like about 1/2-3/4 of an inch if that. that is the look im after on my car.

Well it wil be a few weeks til its on the ground. Shocks and powder coat first. I have right at 1" clearance on each side!

-
Back