70 Swinger Street/Strip build

-
Got the cell mounted up, lines to Y block made. Waiting on a couple of fittings to finish off the ugly blue hose routing. :)

Mounted in trunk.

That looks killer. Do you think running two lines into that Y provides a significant more amount of fuel to the filter than just one? Is the outlet of the Y bigger than the inlets?

When you get free stuff, you have to improvise... Roy (SGBarracuda) was cool to send me a spare thumbwheel radio that he had. Only issue with the free stuff was the mounting tabs were way off as in non existent. Made mounting tabs and it fits in the dash as it should.

Thanks again to Roy for the radio. :)

340 8BBL gave me some scrap aluminum that need some straightening out. Spent some time hammering it into shape. Then busted out this thing that a neighbor bought me for my birthday about 3 years ago.

The busted out the jigsaw and used the brake to whip up a fan shroud.

Looks awesome Rob! Now go to the garage and paint that trunk to match yer engine bay LOL.
:burnout:

Looks awesome Rob! Now go to the garage and paint that trunk to match yer engine bay LOL.
:burnout:

Come help... the weather is getting nicer. Only about 90 today. :)

Still have to weld in the trunk battery tray.

One more thing down. Got the shroud finished and installed. Barely clears the water pump snout. Crazy that SB cars seem to have less room here than the BB A bodies. Probably going to use some weatherstrip or rubber to seal the open areas at top and bottom of shroud.

Shroud looks great. I had never thought of making one, but you're giving me ideas now, to put my metal brake to use.

Here's one for 6Pk2go. I got taunted mercilessly one day about the compartment.

Radiator in for the last time and bolted in with shroud

Looks good! Seems like you only got a few things left before the launch of the Orange Bastard? or was it Bomb? Lol

Looks good! Seems like you only got a few things left before the launch of the Orange Bastard? or was it Bomb? Lol

Both are fitting names! LOL

I sat down before heading in for dinner and still have a 20+ item punch list of crap to still accomplish and I'm sure I missed some stuff. Sheesh, it never ends.

Can't lose the bet to my neighbors kid. 12/31/2014 is coming up... :)

Both are fitting names! LOL

I sat down before heading in for dinner and still have a 20+ item punch list of crap to still accomplish and I'm sure I missed some stuff. Sheesh, it never ends.

Can't lose the bet to my neighbors kid. 12/31/2014 is coming up... :)

I hear that! The Scamp punch list seemed to grow instead of shrinking. Right before I got it going I thought it would never be back on the prowl, then it went quick. It was weird.

Making a gauge panel that fits in the glove box. I'm setting up the car so the ralltye gauges will still function and have the good stuff hidden, like most all the other stuff in the interior. I had made one before but realized that the mounting points I planned to use were not going to work out. Back to the drawing board... This panel will also get one my my hillbilly engineering adjustable MSD shift light modules.

I hand drilled one of the gauge holes with a greenlee. My beighbor mentioned he had a hydraulic greenlee punch set up, yoo bad he didn't have mentioned that before I hack jobbed the one hole... :)
It's going to get painted, so a little JB weld and it will look all pretty. LOL

Panel finished, not bad looking for a piece of scrap aluminum.

Good idea on the add on Dummy light for the Oil Pressure!

It's going to the rallye dash pressure gauge. Figured I could keep the glovebox closed most of the time and still have a working water temp and oil pressure in the factory gauges to keep track of engine health.

Hooked up the Battery for the first time to check a couple systems. Master kill appears to work properly. Nothing caught fire! :)

Fuel pump and electric fans work. Fans not at first. Both relays won't activate. I can feel them click, power terminal out to the fans stays cold. Swapped them out using the relays for my headliight kits and the fans turned on.

-
Back