70 Swinger Street/Strip build

-
Got some more stuff knocked out.

Was hooking up trans lines, have a straight and 90* fitting. Need a fricken 45*... LOL

More punch list done.

Firewall

Battery hold down plate. Remnants pile at the metal house, cost a whole 75 cents. LOL

Radiator Overflow tank. Used the upper rad mount bolt and fabbed up a small bracket using an existing hole in the yoke.

Making small plates for speaker openings.

Front suspension compressed and full drop. About 6.5"

it's a christmas fricken miracle!!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/ZB1wfQi5mzQ[/ame]

I thought he said it was the neighbors car running.....LOL

Thats f***'n awesome Rob!! Your gett'n it done.
Now i need to get my *** out in the shop and get back on mine.:burnout:

just went completely thru this thread, nice work rob, u got alot done this year..........must feel good to know you'll be driving/racing her soon..........good job!
higgs

Ha, it's still in the garage.

I'm going to get some stuff done this weekend.

Tony asked if I was going to MATS and I'd like to drag it up there if possible. Maybe sell some relay kits as well. Who knows.

Got the rear well lip bonded together and cleaned up. Plenty of room from the sidewall. Hope the tire doesn't hit up higher in the wheelhouse.

Going to do the steering column tomorrow. Tearing a one apart ta couple apart to install a manual steering shaft in the one that came in the car.

Got the rear well lip bonded together and cleaned up. Plenty of room from the sidewall. Hope the tire doesn't hit up higher in the wheelhouse.

Going to do the steering column tomorrow. Tearing a one apart ta couple apart to install a manual steering shaft in the one that came in the car.

Never done one of them.... Is this an easy process?

I would like at some point to replace my column and add power steering at the same time. New K Frame, Power Rack? Not any choices that I know of when keeping the torsion bars.

Columns are really easy. A couple hours if you want to clean everything up and detail it at the same time.
Looks good Rob!

Columns are really easy. A couple hours if you want to clean everything up and detail it at the same time.
Looks good Rob!

Well I have only been half way on one. I am sure I can figure it out......

I did take apart the column shift linkage to modify the shifter gate for RMVB. 1st, pop it down for second, in and down for 3rd. It worked very well for the sleeper while it was in use. It since has been converted to floor shift up and over the Bench seat.

Got some interior stuff installed.

Installed a control for the shift light

Got the steering column done. Need to install the wire cover, mesh cover and mounting plate.

Making small plates for speaker openings.

Front suspension compressed and full drop. About 6.5"

By looking at your upper control arm in the photo. Is there a chance you have the PS and DS mixed up. The upper ball joint looks way forward to get any positive caster. BTW, looking good :) matt

Matt,

I installed them per the instructions. The caster gauge I had says 3.5* positive caster. I did the setting real dirty. LOL

This thing has been a PIA. The engine refuses to maintain oil pressure when warmed up. So I fixed it.

So the offending POS is relegated to time out! :)

-
Back