71 Twister all original.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't what to say. It looks like a nice car but with the way the economy is,it may be priced high to some people and not bad for others.
I've ran into a similar delema today with a buddy of mine offering to me first his '72 citron yellow Duster. It too is a twister and numbers matching but need some resto. I may have to add that to my collection.

John

Trunk lid is not correct ('73 and up on that car).

I have the same '71 Twister except for the vinyl top .. mines missing the numbers matching 318, too.

15k for a non-matching Twister .. wow....

I want this car so bad I can't stand it.

Any time I've ever bought a car or part under those circumstances it never lives up to expectations.

Seems like a lot for that car, especially when he says:

"...The car is 100% original. I was going to put the 340 with a six pack carberatore into it but I ended up using a souped up 360 with all the goods. I will sell the 340 block with the car."

:hello2:

The car has a few paint scratches but no body damage and no rust at all. A little work would have it showcase ready.

:-\"

This would be great for a collector. It really gets heads turning when you drive by; especially with headers and its cherry bomb exhaust.

Cherry Bomb exhaust? Did he order direct from JC Whitney?

Sounds like he thinks he knows what he has. I'd low ball if you really must or look elsewhere. You can do better for that kind of bread.

Hey, that was fun! Sorry if I rained on your parade.

ummmm twisters never came with a 340 let alone a 340 six pack.......trunk lid is wrong also, god knows wat else....... if you want an origional twister thats restored with the origional engine good luck finding one most ppl pulled the /6 or 318 engines and put in somthing bigger..that being said, you CAN still find unrestored twisters with the origional engine( i have one) ..im sorry to be harsh about it, but im really lookin out for ya. 15000???:angry7:

Dude, right now on Moparts there are SEVERAL A-body cars that would absolutely SMOKE that Twister. In particular, a very cool, red, 10 second '74 Duster street/strip car for waaay less than the one you posted. There's a couple decent looking lower priced cars too. Seriously, If I had $15K to spend on a car, I'd be going nuts trying to figure out which one I wanted.

Just saying. Go look for yourself.

I'm not into these cars for the money and have owned and original 71 duster 340 for the last 26 years. 340 cars were the ones to own back in the day, not twisters. Girls drove twisters! $15k??????

In my opinion I'd have trouble getting $15000. in this economy for my matching numbers Duster 340 and mine is just about perfect. Just my opinion.

DSC00065(1) (Small).JPG

ummmm twisters never came with a 340 let alone a 340 six pack.......trunk lid is wrong also, god knows wat else....... if you want an origional twister thats restored with the origional engine good luck finding one most ppl pulled the /6 or 318 engines and put in somthing bigger..that being said, you CAN still find unrestored twisters with the origional engine( i have one) ..im sorry to be harsh about it, but im really lookin out for ya. 15000???:angry7:

some canadian twisters were built with 340's, very little though

A car is worth as much as you want to sell it for.The ptoblem is finding a buyer.A twister is not rare it,s just a package trying to sell a car.I wouldn,t pay 1000.00 for it but dusters aen,t my thing.Just keep the prices high like you got gold and you have to worry about mopars at all.Just look at chrysler and learn. just my 2cents Mark

The trunk lid is a 1972 as are the bumpers which is correct for a late build 1971 Duster in Hamtramck. I bet the build date is around July 1971.

The trunk lid is a 1972 as are the bumpers which is correct for a late build 1971 Duster in Hamtramck. I bet the build date is around July 1971.

You are 100% correct on this. A lot of people don't realize that the late '71s came with some '72 parts installed.
As for the car itself, it's a nice car but not worth 15 grand. And it's not 100% original if it has a 360, headers, engine dress up stuff and cheap $5 chrome round exhaust tips. And dig the factory limosine tint on the windows.

I hate to say this but I think you are being lured by a pretty woman with VD. The pictures are pretty, but it's not all original as stated. A 360 in a 71? Others mentioned other things wrong. For that kind of money you need to be getting #'s matching quality. It's not in that one as advertised. I don't think Plymouth ever put headers and Cherry bombs on their cars (sarcasm intended). The one thing that gets me is the cheap chrome boloney pipe exhaust tips. You'ld think for that kind of money he could have dropped a few bucks and got the proper repop tips. Like I said, she's pretty, but she's also tainted, Joe.

what a joke some people are when they describe car.
at least he took it off the trailer .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back