72 Demon build.

-
Love the color, My EV2 aka Hemi Orange Duster paint color has a gold metal flake in it? When I asked my painter he said it always had it...LOL

Paint looks awesome. Glad you didn't rush it. Looking forward to some sunshine shots. Car looks great.:coffee2:

Looks beautiful. I would paint my Demon that color in a heart beat. Congrats on the paint, and take a bow for the great craftsman ship you have there.

Beautiful car.

Love the color, My EV2 aka Hemi Orange Duster paint color has a gold metal flake in it? When I asked my painter he said it always had it...LOL
Thank alot everyone! i will get some outside shots soon Thunder ;)
Your car probly looks good in the sun with that metal flake im sure GTS..mine does'nt have any just solid bright orange.
I finally got the 360 i wanted for the Demon! it's crusty right now but not too worry..she's gonna be purdy :D

Attachments

• demon aug.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 752
Thank alot everyone! i will get some outside shots soon Thunder ;)
Your car probly looks good in the sun with that metal flake im sure GTS..mine does'nt have any just solid bright orange.
I finally got the 360 i wanted for the Demon! it's crusty right now but not too worry..she's gonna be purdy :D

I will add a photos as soon as its out of the paint shop

Happy to hear you got the motor you wanted. I've got to say it looks a little small compared to the 440 I am putting in my Dart Sport. Some of us are just not right in the head. Looking forward to your motor build.:coffee2:

Happy to hear you got the motor you wanted. I've got to say it looks a little small compared to the 440 I am putting in my Dart Sport. Some of us are just not right in the head. Looking forward to your motor build.:coffee2:

Very Nice! I love Orange with White stripes, it really pops!

Just seeing your thread. Car is looking awsome.
Thx boys!
Thunder none of us "car guys" are right in the head :D
Rodzilla i kept getting people trying to talk me out of the white stripes till they actually saw it..ive seen different mopars over the years at car shows and that color combo always stuck in my head..had to do it.

Brad, your right about none of us car guys being "right" in the head, i just sold my daily driver to get funds for blasting my Demon. lol.

Congrats on the motor score!

Some updated photos of the Demon outside this time..got the bumpers and front valance as well as all the lights in, also got some of the chrome trim on.
I started to lay out the wiring in the engine bay to the trunk but have to clean some of it up before i can call it complete :D

Attachments

• demon sept 01.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 661
  • demon sept 06.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 655
  • demon sept 07.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 665
  • demon sept 10.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 656

Attachments

• demon sept 001.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 615
  • demon sept 002.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 639
Very nice. Are you doing a rebuild on the engine or just a clean up and install?:coffee2:

Went through the whole thread and don't know how I missed it. All I can say is your doing an outstanding and beautiful job! I really love the orange and white stripes as well.

John

She is a Beauty. The Orange and White just pops.

Nice... huge fan of the white against hi impact. Well done.

Very nice. Are you doing a rebuild on the engine or just a clean up and install?:coffee2:

Went through the whole thread and don't know how I missed it. All I can say is your doing an outstanding and beautiful job! I really love the orange and white stripes as well.

John
Thanks guys im glad you like it, the pictures dont do the orange justice in the sun..it's very bright lol.
Thunder, i took the motor apart already and after inspection im going to do a full rebuild..nothing was broken or out of ordinary worn out other than the timing chain which was ready to jump off the timing gears lol.
the cylinders have a moderate ridge on them which tells me i may have to bore it and get some pistons but on the other hand i may get away with a hone..tough call till i get the piston skirts measured..
I already grinded all the casting slag in the intake runners and bowls of the cylinder heads so there is nothing that will cause any turbulance in air flow..keep in mind im not going to make a crazy race motor just a hot street motor..enough to compliment the 4-speed and 3.23 gears.
One good thing is the crank wont need to be ground it's mint just needs a polish..always nice to use standard size bearings..keep you posted.

Just wanted to say the car looks good.
I have to ask though, why would you
strip, prime and paint a car with the
windshield wipers on?
You do know they come off right?

-
Back