73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Sorry to hear about the cup holders, but I think I can see why. I hope you can keep your Air Force symbol some where on the car. Denny's going to need a tissue.:crybaby::coffee2:

Just great. Now I'm going to have to get one of those hard hats
with all of that plastic tubing. Thanks a lot Ross.

Ross,

As an Air Force Veteran and current Air Force employee I will miss the logo on the package tray. I'm sure you will find a place for the AF logo. Maybe etched in the quarter glass or something. Great work!

Steve Bright
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Just great. Now I'm going to have to get one of those hard hats
with all of that plastic tubing. Thanks a lot Ross.

John,
Hold off on spending that cold hard cash just yet.....there's always the interior mod's coming and now that the shifter will be floor that has to mean a custom made console which might just have to include a couple big cup holders. Just sayin'

Ross,

As an Air Force Veteran and current Air Force employee I will miss the logo on the package tray. I'm sure you will find a place for the AF logo. Maybe etched in the quarter glass or something. Great work!

Steve Bright
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Steve,
Maybe a license plate frame, oh wait...... that wont work, because I got plans for that too. I will try figure something out before paint. I didn't really want to make a permanent mark on the car just in case some pissed of Army guy had rough flight sometime and wants to seek a little payback. So that mean your a ART at Charleston ?

John,
.....there's always the interior mod's coming and now that the shifter will be floor that has to mean a custom made console which might just have to include a couple big cup holders. Just sayin'
Don't worry. I never carry liquids in my rides.

No, retired at 20 and now a civilian Duty Officer in the Aerial Port.

Steve Bright
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

I have to say it Ross, I'm glad you're losing the dimple holes up front. I didn't get it... (maybe I've been away from my project for too long). I think the smoother look will be much better. I will miss the AF logo though, I think you had the start to something cool there, less the dimples (I'm not dimpleist, honest).

No, retired at 20 and now a civilian Duty Officer in the Aerial Port.

Steve Bright
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

I keep hoping that a Mtech ART position opens up down there...that is one of the handfull of bases I want to transfer to.

I have to say it Ross, I'm glad you're losing the dimple holes up front. I didn't get it... (maybe I've been away from my project for too long). I think the smoother look will be much better. I will miss the AF logo though, I think you had the start to something cool there, less the dimples (I'm not dimpleist, honest).

Thats why everything is a test piece at first, to determine if it goes with the car and to get feedback from FABO members. I look forward to hearing opinions on my idea's, but I would like them before I change them on my own...I like to think of it as constructive criticism. After Hanging around the Hemi boys you have to have tough skin....that train don't stop, you either jump on or get run over.:hello2::hello2:

Does it have to be an ART position? I think we are going to be hiring an Industrial MX position. I will keep my eyes open. and let you know if I hear anything.

Steve

Actually gonna be in North Carolina for 10 days starting March 14, unfortunatley not real close to you though.....Pope AFB (Fayetteville) is the best I can do.

76orangewagon

Did you get a chance to go to the Canton Car Show this past weekend?

little early for an outdoor event in the "lake effect region" isn't it

Yes, it was a nice day to take a ride. Besides a friend of mine trailered '48 Anglia to the show (and showed it for 3 days) for his friend that his wife became really ill suddenly and already paid the entry fee.
Not a real big show....about 50 - 55 cars. But had a chance to bump elbows with the zoo animals at Summit on the way back.

Okay so after debating the fender dimple holes one last time I decided to eliminate them and go for the smooth look. I also stopped by Summit Racing and picked up some cool Aluminum hood adjusters. The factory adjuster nut is still in place under the new piece and like most things on the car there still in the factory location and work exactly the same just tweaked a little. Now that both sides are done and the Radiator support cover is in place(with Duct tape) you see the direction I'm going here. And yes, theres still a LA block under the furniture pad, I just used it to cover the motor while grinding and to try to make the new metal work stand out.

Attachments

• duster 013.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • duster 014.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • duster 021.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • duster 025.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,023
  • duster 028.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,084
  • duster 034.jpg