**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
wonder if you could show me a few things... First how you have your battery wire running to the front. Im guessing you want it on the opposite side of the fuel line? and what line did you use for you water temp to your gauge pod there?

also i assume electric fuel pump are you running that on a relay? Does putting holes in the torsion bar crossmemeber weaken it? Sorry for the odd ball questions but this is mostly what i have left, Electrical, fuel ect ect.

wonder if you could show me a few things... First how you have your battery wire running to the front. Im guessing you want it on the opposite side of the fuel line? and what line did you use for you water temp to your gauge pod there?

The Battery Cable crosses over to the other side of the car in the trunk and runs up the drivers side and through the fire wall to the Starter Relay. Most gauges come with the Temp Sending unit that mounts into one of the water ports on the intake manifold. That sending unit is hard connected to the gauge when it comes out of the package.

Some intake manifolds like the M1 I just got do not have a hole in the water Log to accept a gauge. In that case I will drill and tap it for the NPT connector that screws into the log that will accept the sending unit. You need to be careful when tapping NPT holes. You only want to tap about 1/2 as far as you are going to go with the fitting or the hole will end up too big and it will leak cause the threads are tapered and the hole ends up larger the deeper you tap.

Wont matter anyways BB dont have water in intake.. Ill have to tap in somewhere else. On the wires though the trunk floor are you using any type of grommets?

Wont matter anyways BB dont have water in intake.. Ill have to tap in somewhere else. On the wires though the trunk floor are you using any type of grommets?

Yeah your water pump housing is probably a good spot.

No The main Batt wire runs in the car from the trunk then goes through the firewall at one of the firewall plugs that of course was missing and that I had to replace. Yes anywhere I go through metal I use a grommet, even if it is a ground or a tube or anything it don't matter I use a grommet. In a pinch I have even used Rubber hose to get a wire through metal without the chance of contacting it.

Car is all wired up for now. I found out that the horn relay is toast and they are hard to find. I called everywhere. I did find one on Ebay so I'll take my chances and buy it. If that relay does not work out I will just wire in a Bosch Relay and make a new circuit of my own.

The tires are off the car ready to get the Steel valve stems installed and the tires re balanced correctly with the weights on the inside of the wheels. All 4 have weights on the outside as I mentioned earlier....... That tire shop who did the outside weight mounting would not be a very good tire shop in my opinion.

So the car should be on the ground sometime tomorrow is the plan. I will do a tune up on it, then it will get washed. I have not washed it since I got it.

then we need the MO-FOing burn out video!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I hear ya. I actually went off today on my driveway but did not record it. I got a good 45* sideways 2 different times. haaaaa

Car is all done and on the ground. I even polished the wheels today before they went back on the car. I changed the spark plugs and did a tune up on it. I ended up at 25* Initial @ 900 RPM Vac was pulling 12lbs. I put a 10* Bushing in the MSD Distributor and it is 35* all in at 2000-2200 Rpm. It idles in gear right at 800-850 RPM and is pulling 8-9lbs Vac. It runs good but on the street it seems to take a lil bit to get the VAC Secondarys to open for some odd reason. When I foot braked it on my driveway and let it loose it opens the secondary's right away. I guess I am just not use to Vac Secondary's with an Auto at a Roll. I don't like that Eddy 1406 Carb at all. To tell you the truth...... I really miss my 4spd! Nothing like a 4spd and a HOT motor rolling around on the streets!! :burnout:

I will be washing the car for the first time in the morning........:D

Don't you wish every car build went this way? Looking real good there and it's been interesting watching your progress.

Oh, and no kidding about that NPT tapping bit. Made that mistake a couple of times.

Cool, now come to my house and finish the orange bomb... LOL

Cool, now come to my house and finish the orange bomb... LOL

If we were closer to each other both our cars would always be done!!
Would be putting my shop to some serious use. There is a guy 3 houses away
from me that restores a couple cars a month in his shop. He has 4 full time guys work for him. He only does Chevys though. Everytime I drive by in a Mopar there jaws hit the floor.. WTF is that they are thinking?? Lol

Oh and if any of you are going to buy Don at 4secondsflat.com 's Bushings. Know that you will need to file 2 sides of it to fit in the slot. For how much he charges I really think it should already be done.
It only took me 2 minutes to do the deed though.

View attachment 1714607682

View attachment 1714607683

you have to file the 14* bushing a little bit too. when you put it back in you have to make sure you get it in parallel to the slots and get the nut tight without the bushing spinning. when i first did mine it was catching a bit and not moving freely.

its a real ***** if you have sausage fingers like me. lol

If you know you are going to use those bushings, you can also take the distributor apart and open up the slot so they fit. I do it with a dremel. Just don't hit the sides where it stops against.

I passed my vehicle inspection at Triple A today. They do a Vin # Inspection for free and no line like the DMV. Looked at the vin, door tag and engine bay for SMOG stickers even though it is a 40 year old car.

Something else you should know if you are buying a car out of state and bringing it to Cali....... EVEN IF the title says OR for the spouse. You need BOTH signatures. So I paid the registration fees got my temporary sticker in the back window and I have to get the Title signed by Deceased owner or prove that he is in fact passed away with a Death Certificate........... You all know how you would handle this so......... I will go back on Wednesday to get my plates ordered.

Talk to a manager... that's not right.

They might be trying to stay out of the middle of an ownership pickle, but, the reason it says OR is so only one party needs to sign it over.

You were at AAA, and they do things their way... Talking to anyone else wouldn't do any good. :)

Talk to a manager... that's not right.

They might be trying to stay out of the middle of an ownership pickle, but, the reason it says OR is so only one party needs to sign it over.

You were at AAA, and they do things their way... Talking to anyone else wouldn't do any good. :)

True and I agree. I did talk to the higher up there and the DMV's policy is only if a car is coming from out of state. The DMV will reject it is what they are saying. California to California they have no problem with it. Total Bullshit.

True and I agree. I did talk to the higher up there and the DMV's policy is only if a car is coming from out of state. The DMV will reject it is what they are saying. California to California they have no problem with it. Total Bullshit.

Like any of this is surprising to you?

Like any of this is surprising to you?

Well kind of..... Think about it, a guy takes title to a car as OR so if something happens to him or his spouse title can be conveyed easily to whomever the surviving spouse decides. That is the WHOLE reason behind the OR This is just another way for the states to try and get their PAWS on $$ they are NOT entitled to when it comes to NON Savvy people! I said to my self they can kiss my ***!

-
Back