**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
same here louis, i will be wrenchin on my p o s too.driveshaft loop install.nuetral saftey switch is hooked up now too....

Got the 410 pretty much ready. I need a few things. Intake manifold needs to be milled, I need new intake gaskets and new exhaust gaskets. Those are TTI W2 Headers. The only difference is the port is round on the header the bolt holes are standard pattern. I thought that they were different pattern but it didn't matter because the RHS Heads have both drilled and are ready for both.

I adjusted the Lash on the Valves and gapped a new set of plugs for it. I also installed the B&M SFI Flex Plate with ARP Hardware. The NOS Solenoids are behind the carb down low in front of the Dizzy. I still need to plumb it which is no big deal.

I bought some High Energy Motor Mount Bushings. So I pressed out the old ones to install the new. There was hellaaaa material left in the holes so out came the torch. When it doubt burn the rest of the **** out!! Took a wire brush to them and they are now spic and span clean ready for install of the bushings after I paint them Black. LOL This is an old trick I learned from being a heavy equipment mechanic when I go into my sleep zone really hard!! hahaha

Trans should be buttoned up in a few days and the converter and rest of parts should be here by Wed...... Hoping to have it on the road for this coming Friday. We will see.

View attachment phpY6zNlaPM.jpg

View attachment phpP4osNbPM.jpg

View attachment phpeWK7qjPM.jpg

View attachment phpblOkw8PM.jpg

View attachment phpjprxZWPM.jpg

View attachment phpgG82sQPM.jpg

View attachment phpIAcgSNPM.jpg

I just used those on my BB and HATED them.... Seem to pinch big time between the mount and the steering box and again with the dip stick tube. perhaps a SB will be different.

I just used those on my BB and HATED them.... Seem to pinch big time between the mount and the steering box and again with the dip stick tube. perhaps a SB will be different.

Yeah I don't see where they will interfere with anything you are talking about on a SB. I am going to get bigger washers which will keep any Squishing inside the mount. These are the black ones if that makes any difference?

Mine were red not sure if color made a difference but i had a heck of a time hung up on the steering box enough to make it not wanna drop in. It wasnt the squish it was the outer lip that sorta cups the outside of the mount.

Mad, what carb you running on the 410?

Mad, what carb you running on the 410?

That's an 850 DP. Just was rebuilt with all the good stuff. Floats, billet base plate, non stick gaskets, alcohol diaphragms etc. Bought it from fishy68 like that. I will be changing the rear floats to V notch and adding jet extensions which only takes a few minutes.

That's an 850 DP. Just was rebuilt with all the good stuff. Floats, billet base plate, non stick gaskets, alcohol diaphragms etc. Bought it from fishy68 like that. I will be changing the rear floats to V notch and adding jet extensions which only takes a few minutes.

Cool, was just curious....got an 850DP with the choke horn milled off and the ventury blended going on my 408...just trying to get an idea of carbs guys are using on their strokers.

What were you running on it back when it was in the 70?

Cool, was just curious....got an 850DP with the choke horn milled off and the ventury blended going on my 408...just trying to get an idea of carbs guys are using on their strokers.

What were you running on it back when it was in the 70?

No the 70 had a 750 Mighty Demon on it. Most are running Holley 950HP

what jets you running 66s with no pv? doh!

WoW Louis,I go away racing for the weekend and come back to you swapping in the 410sb?Your gonna breath new life into that Scamp now!:D

Lol, it's got 80's in the front and 90's in the rear with a 6.5 PV. No PV provision in the rear. Ill dial it in from there. :D

This is the next mod while I wait on parts....... Going to work on the Shifter Gate.
Goal since the new valve body is Manual Reverse Pattern, PRN123...... I will do the modification so I put it in 1st and bring it up on the converter then when it hits the shift point I will be able to POP it into second straight down without going into 3rd.... then same in 3rd just pull in a hair and down. This should be very easy to do, grind on one spot and put it back together! All gauges, switches etc will be down low and out of the way. I will have a Full Throttle switch on the carb for the NOS and a button I will try to incorporate into the shift lever or steering wheel.... Most likely same button will control the Purge as the NOS along with the Line Lock and be controlled with Toggle switches and LED's so I know what is on. We will see.

Sleeper....................

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 3.00.56 PM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 4.00.03 PM.jpg

Sounds good. Keep us updated (we know you will) because I only plan on going if there's a group of us.

I hear ya, I couldn't resist! Id have my right foot smashed up against the radiator cap!

-
Back