**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
All fixed now. The blocks are ready to install except I am waiting for the Rear PV Plug to get here.

If anyone is drilling these brass plugs be careful. I put the Plug chucked up in my cordless and hold the pin vise in my left hand. Be sure to trigger the drill bit through at the end and then back it out by hand, reason is if you power through them or use the drill motor to back out the bit the hole will get bigger. I Pin Gauged everything I drilled and 2 of them I had to re do. Size with .036 bit went all the way to .040. I wanted to be sure they are exactly the same. The .028 are exactly .028 and the .036 are exact also!

View attachment phpXJeKIvAM.jpg

View attachment phpOAXskOAM.jpg

I bought a PUMP for my NOS Fill Station. No more freezing bottles etc. Good price on NOS Part #14253 , Brand New, $489.95 it had a small little dent in it the size of a dime if that on the back where it mounts on a wall or bracket. Regular price is $769.00 isn, couldn't pass it up.

Pretty sure someone in Pa has a nitrous fill station.

Yes for sure. It really makes sense to have your own station if you are going to be using a lot of NOS. The initial cost of setting up mine was about $700.00 Total. NOS around here is $4.50 per pound. My cost to fill my own bottles is just under $2.00 per pound. So I will be light years ahead cause I leave HOT every time I take the car out, ready for whatever! Lol

Yes for sure. It really makes sense to have your own station if you are going to be using a lot of NOS. The initial cost of setting up mine was about $700.00 Total. NOS around here is $4.50 per pound. My cost to fill my own bottles is just under $2.00 per pound. So I will be light years ahead cause I leave HOT every time I take the car out, ready for whatever! Lol

Bottle warmer is a must here in the midwest, some nights get a bit chilly.

Bottle warmer is a must here in the midwest, some nights get a bit chilly.

Yes I bet. I usually pull my car out and let it warm up with the trunk open. My Gauge goes to 900-1100 PSI in about 5-10 Minutes. After I shut the trunk and car is warm it pretty much stays at 900 Psi. That trunk stays warm driving around.... Actually the whole damn old *** car stays warm! Lol

Took the POS out to a Cruise in. The car draws a pretty good crowd. Met a couple young mopar guns.... Pretty educated on MOPAR, I was surprised. Had some good clean fun and went for a nice run with the car before and after. Burning fuel!

I started to get into a heated argument with a "Clown" guy that was drunk....... 8 3/4 will take 1400 HP blah blah blah. I was about to jaw check the guy if he got in my zone with his mouth flapping, guy had a big *** mouth too talking megaaaa ****. Good thing he stayed out of the zone Lol :angryfir:

Took the POS out to a Cruise in. The car draws a pretty good crowd. Met a couple young mopar guns.... Pretty educated on MOPAR, I was surprised. Had some good clean fun and went for a nice run with the car before and after. Burning fuel!

I started to get into a heated argument with a "Clown" guy that was drunk....... 8 3/4 will take 1400 HP blah blah blah. I was about to jaw check the guy if he got in my zone with his mouth flapping, guy had a big *** mouth too talking megaaaa ****. Good thing he stayed out of the zone Lol :angryfir:

Best way to check them is just tell em to bring out their **** and show you how its done. Usually gets them to STFU lol.

Wow... Up here in Calgary the cheapest I've found is $9 a pound!!!!

NOS Pump is here.... Of course it is missing all of the fittings. I got a couple of them but need to head to Ace Hardware this week for the rest of them.

NOS Pump is hooked up and it works great! I didn't push it too hard cause these were my first fillings with it. My friend Jerry gets up to 14 Pounds into his bottles at the filling station he goes to. I only pumped 12 lbs into 2 Bottles and got about 8 lbs in the 3rd one before the Mother bottle got wiped out..... time for new one!

could you sell me a California 8 3/4 if you have a spare? ours only take about 600hp before they give some troubles. I need one of those 1400 hp ones.

thanks.

could you sell me a California 8 3/4 if you have a spare? ours only take about 600hp before they give some troubles. I need one of those 1400 hp ones.

thanks.

Weld 2 of them together... :)

Is the Scamp going to be at Mopars at the Strip in 2015? I want to see and hear it run!

It's really coming together and looking nice:thumleft:

Is the Scamp going to be at Mopars at the Strip in 2015? I want to see and hear it run!

It's really coming together and looking nice:thumleft:

I would like to see it run myself! If I can work the trip into my schedule sure why not! It sould hopefully have the 9" in it by then.

I just got back from a long as cruise in the POS. 5 1/2 Hours worth! I only stopped once for some Taco's and then another time to refill the tank! Was a blast. Hopped up Harley Chopper guys tried to get some right out of the hole 6 of them....... Last time they will try any of that ****! Lol I put the hurting on them real bad.... Stopped at the next light and they were like f***k yeah! Then they said that don't happen very often... I just laughed. This was on the 76 going toward the beach in Cali, Nobody around. Got into a lot of confrontations today. Was fun fun fun!

I cruised the coast from Oceanside all the way to Down Town La Jolla and back. Question, does anybody else drive their Stroker's like this? I am curious........ I drive the wheels off of mine!

I just got back from a long as cruise in the POS. 5 1/2 Hours worth! I only stopped once for some Taco's and then another time to refill the tank! Was a blast. Hopped up Harley Chopper guys tried to get some right out of the hole 6 of them....... Last time they will try any of that ****! Lol I put the hurting on them real bad.... Stopped at the next light and they were like f***k yeah! Then they said that don't happen very often... I just laughed. This was on the 76 going toward the beach in Cali, Nobody around. Got into a lot of confrontations today. Was fun fun fun!

I cruised the coast from Oceanside all the way to Down Town La Jolla and back. Question, does anybody else drive their Stroker's like this? I am curious........ I drive the wheels off of mine!

I have put 9500 miles or so on my W2 headed 408 in the last two years, this includes two Hot Rod Dragweeks, round trip from Phx to Vegas many trips back and forth to work. This also includes 65 drag strip passes.
The solid roller lifters have never been rebuilt and are doing great but I have gone through three sets of Drag radial tires.
The car has gone the best of 11.06 at a 122,

Attachments

• drag-week-2013-action-039.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 327

I will be driving mine when it's done. It's the reason I put a 20 gallon fuel cell in it.

Ouch! One supplier here only,8 bucks a pound.....(Pismo Beach).

-
Back